SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Facebook for young people

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Facebook for young people

Hi friends. I'm wondering if somebody could help me with finding something on using Facebook for young Christian people. Articles or sermons maybe? Thank you.

2013/2/11 11:36Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re: Facebook for young peolpe

Hey nasekom-

Here are a few really excellent sites along that line that I am aware of. Many also link to their websites where more items/articles, etc. are kept.

I don't think Greg wants us to directly post the links here but just search by these names and you will find them-

1. Voice Of The Martyrs
2. Sermon Index
3. Sermons For Kids (Not sure if you meant for kids or teens. This particular one is used by a lot for childrens ministers to help them in their work.)
4. We Can End Abortion , Pro-Life, AMEN ~ Abortion Must End Now are good Pro Life pages.
5. If you are interested in Charismatic, Pentecostal, Spirit Filled type places they also have a great many resources and pages available. I won't list them as they may not be of interest to you. However, use those key words to search and you will find several with devotionals, etc. that might be what you are looking for.
6. Many churches also do the same. Eagles Grove Church is one that normally has a daily devotional that is often given in an allegory or illustration that is easily remembered. I will post the one form this morning below. If this is something that is in the ball park for what you are seeking you might check their facebook page out as it has these cool devotions almost daily. They had the most incredible devotional series taken from The Wizard of Oz recently. Very creative stuff that never compromises the truth of God's Word

Here is the devotional from this morning on their page-

OF ARMPITS, COLOGNE, AND SOAP

All men know that there were times as teenagers we had a short cut when it came to baths. If we wanted or needed to be elsewhere we could expedite the process.

We could simply wash off our face, spray a little cologne under our arms, around our body, and we were good to go. No one was any the wiser... at least not in our testosterone driven often self centered teenage minds!

The problem with that solution was that over the next few hours the bacterial stench from under the armpits and sweat glands would begin to overpower the cologne. Inevitably the truth would come out as we began to catch a whiff of the sweat drenched cologne cocktail. Ewwwww!

At other times guys also knew when a stricter cleanliness was mandated. Before picking a girl up for a date we might spend thirty minutes in the shower. We ran all the hot water out of the heater and burned through a bar of soap. We scrubbed each square inch of ourselves to insure no chance of body odor existed. We came out smelling like someone exploded the Irish Spring production factory! We then would apply copious amounts of anti perspirant to insure it stayed that way.

I notice a lot of people do the same thing in life. They just throw a little cologne over the issues that have become part of who they are. They are aware of habits, addictions, or ways of behaving that are stinking everything else up for them. They then attempt to throw a little "life cologne" on it. They think if they will just splash a little nice around no one will notice. However, everyone still notices and if they will be honest the person really knows it as well.

That is how trying to "clean my life up' , or "be a better person" is without totally surrendering ones self to Christ. That "surrender" entails repenting of sin, and putting full faith and trust in the Gospel. The Gospel is the message of Christ's payment for our sin with His own blood on the cross, resurrecting physically from the dead, and offering eternal life.

If we embrace the Gospel we are not simply putting cologne on the stench of life. We are taking a full cleansing shower. A shower in the blood of Christ that washes all the sin away. We are no longer just trying to disguise the stench in our lives....He removes it completely!

That dear friends is the difference in "religion", which God abhors, and true Christianity. We must be washed in the blood of Christ the Lamb to be pure and clean. There is no other soap that exists!

How about you today? Are you tired of trying to be good enough and to cover up the dirtiness in your life? How about taking a plunge beneath the cleansing flood of Christ's blood. It will remove every stain and stench. It will also give you peace of heart, mind, and a purpose for your life!

How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. Heb 9:14 ESV

Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood Rev 1:5 ESV

End Devotional.

Hopefully that is enough info to give you a start.

Blessings!

2013/2/11 13:14Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

Thanks so much Solomon101. Reading your post i realized i didn't make myself clear enough. What i am looking for is actually some writing about Facebook or Social networking in general, and how Christians should ( or should not)use it. You know, potential dangers, and things like that. But thanks for replying. There's a lot of useful information in your post. God bless.

2013/2/11 13:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

These sermon clips are also hosted on the sermonindex youtube channel

Zac Poonen on Internet, Facebook, Social networking and other Blogging sites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaCB1vke0ws

Get off facebook, BE A MAN - Paul Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-8OvGn9yA

Paul Washer Rebukes Facebook Users for Sensuality: Asks Do you Want Christ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_R9Fgpjjno

2013/2/11 13:59Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

That's great. Thanks Greg.

2013/2/12 18:03Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Watching Paul's video causes a clash of idea's in me. His first 30 seconds - I am all over that!!!! But then he goes into social media and talks about how he puts scripture in his twitter feed. I follow him on twitter and find he does do that but he also has put other things on twitter as well. Such as being in D.C. at the airport and being stranded at the moment awaiting to go back to L.A.

It appears to me that according to Paul, any Christian should be posting scripture on social media because it is their duty to proclaim the Gospel. While this is a good idea is it a good idea to use social media for only the Gospel?

For my own self I use social media for several things. On FB it is to connect with some friend and family. Everyone I have as friends I have known personally and with the excepion of 1 person I have seen and been with in person. Otherwise I have some likes in there that deal with nutrition and even a powerlifting group as well as some closed groups that deal with psychology and computer related stuff.

On the Twitter side I have only met one person on there. I use Twitter for educational purpose such as some psychology stuff but also social issues in following both liberal and conservative media as well as some christian media. My purpose with it is to learn culture, thinking and see the news that I can't find on national media.

Then I have a blog in which I follow a few blogs. Some Christian, some used to be Christian and I wrote my own thoughts in there. I don't intend it to be a story of my own Christian life. I intend my blog to be thoughts of mine in which I cannot express to anyone in person because I would get funny looks. It is simply me thinking out loud and having a place to express it. Something it is Gospel related.

Tying those 3 together do you think Paul Washer is saying I should be proclaiming the Gospel on one of them more than I do?

2013/2/14 11:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

John, maybe you should ask the LORD Jesus instead to tell you...see where he would have you go with this question. It is Jesus who died for you, not Paul Washer.

God bless...

2013/2/14 12:29Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

GinnyRose

I hear what you are saying but isn't Paul Exhorting us in the video?

2013/2/14 12:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I listened to Washer's exhortations - very good I may add.

Now to your question...

The bottom line is is electronic gadgets consuming too much of my time? Be it games, texting, whatever else is time consuming that has little redemptive value. I see some who have become addicted to electronic media. In fact, this lead to my SIL's divorce...

My advice still is - what is the LORD convicting you to do? There is room for electronic media, but are we a slave to it or is it serving us? This is the issue.

God bless.

2013/2/14 18:09Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I would agree that individuals , in general, are addicted to social media. I find it amusing and sad. Just go into a doctor's office and see how many people are on their phone doodling and see how many spaces there are between them and the next person.

Fortunately for me I don't have a smart phone. I have a standard trafone but I do have an ipod touch and yet if that were my smart phone the only thing I would be looking at is occasional news stories and podcasts. I only get on social media on the computer itself when I can sit down and have the keyboard at my disposal.

Even on my ipod touch usually I have some radio station on with some talk radio on from another part of the country. I am a talk radio junkie.

Ok,I am rambling........

2013/2/14 21:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy