SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Critics Beware (Dwight L. Moody)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
moreofHim

Re: critical spirit

Yes, thank you Robert for this series of quotes.

Quote:
That's one of the things the Lord is cutting out of my heart (i.e. a critical spirit).

Me too! My own mother was a very critical person and still has a very critical spirit. Unfortunately it has passed on to me. I find myself rebuking myself and wishing i had held my tongue or asking for the renewing of my mind in this area.

When you are gifted with discernment it makes it even harder. You have the ability to see what is wrong. But I have found that it can't stop there. I can't just see what is wrong and complain about it. I must see past that, pray for that person and situation and more importantly look to see if I am guilty of the same sin somewhere in my heart.

When you have a critical spirit it is very hard on your family. I find myself knitpicking with things that really don't matter in the end. It is wise to choose your battles. If you're going to lovingly point something out, may we be spotless in that area ourselves and may it be of Kingdom value.

In His love, Chanin

2005/3/8 16:39Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

There are lots of good sermons here on Sermonindex and felt it would please the Lord to bring them up as I can in little bite size pieces so that we can reflect on it and then go to another one. It also helps to maintain the focus of the site towards renewal and revival.

Quote:
When you have a critical spirit it is very hard on your family. I find myself knitpicking with things that really don't matter in the end. It is wise to choose your battles. If you're going to lovingly point something out, may we be spotless in that area ourselves and may it be of Kingdom value

This is a good point. It makes me think about the whole beam and speck in the eye passage. The analogy is very good that the Lord uses because it is so painful to get something out of our eye. We should think of it like that when we seek to get something out. this is going to be like getting something out of the persons eyeball- I need to be very very gentle; move very very slow and deliberate, and no quick and jerking movements. OUCH!

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/3/8 17:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy