SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the baptism in the holy Spirit for us today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Doesn't God use experiences in our lives to confirm the word in the bible? I mean we could quote scripture after scripture but if we have nothing in our lives to tie it to it means nothing.

Absolutely. But your saying your experience confirmed something that isnt in the Bible. There's a big difference.

I have plenty in my life that is tangible and ties it all down, but I dare not rely on experiences as a test to whether or not something is true. Nor emotions.

Krispy

2005/3/14 14:27

Re:

Washing feet was a cultural thing in Biblical times. They had need for that, we dont. But the heart of foot washing is servant attitudes. I hope that I serve those who are associated with me... both in my family and in the churches I "serve". Other people would be a better judge of how well I do at that than me... ask them.

Krispy

2005/3/14 14:29
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Clarification

In Jude it says that we should pray in the Holy Spirit building ourselves up in our holy faith. How do you view that scripture?

2005/3/14 14:36Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

The Christian life [b]is[/b] an experience! To know Jesus and him crucified is an experience! To be filled with his indwelling Holy Spirit [b]is[/b] an experience! The Word alone avails nothing until it is manifested in our lives. The Word without experience is dead. Experience without the Word is dead. Jesus is the Word, and the Word became flesh!

2005/3/14 14:38Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

I agree Eli, Its an objective and subjective faith.

2005/3/14 14:41Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Absolutely. But your saying your experience confirmed something that isnt in the Bible. There's a big difference.

After this I will leave this topic alone. it's not sulking coz noone agrees with me. I'm not trying to convince anyone that my point of view is correct, I am just stating what I have experienced and the confirmation that I received from God FOR MY OWN BENEFIT, so I know it is God's hand not my own wishes.I don't know why God has allowed things to be so except that there is a work He wants to do that requires it so I'll roll with that.

Quote:
I have plenty in my life that is tangible and ties it all down, but I dare not rely on experiences as a test to whether or not something is true. Nor emotions.

I don't rely on emotion either to confirm these things. I just have seen the spirit bear witness to what I have experienced to confirm it was from God, that's all I'm saying. This is a thing which would only make sense to someone who has prayed in the spirit with me, namely James. Outside of that, my views are heretical.

2005/3/14 14:59Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Washing feet was a cultural thing in Biblical times. They had need for that, we dont. But the heart of foot washing is servant attitudes. I hope that I serve those who are associated with me... both in my family and in the churches I "serve". Other people would be a better judge of how well I do at that than me... ask them.

I recall a well known Bible preacher who used to say. In those days it was their feet than brought them to the meeting. If you want to wash what brought me to the meeting, its out there in the carpark.

In case you think that comment abrasive that man on more than one occasion was found to have sneaked out of conferences that he was leading at night to secretly wash cars in the carpark!

BTW he was a co-countryman of yours Zeke, but long before your time... Denis Clark.

2005/3/14 15:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
After this I will leave this topic alone. it's not sulking coz noone agrees with me. I'm not trying to convince anyone that my point of view is correct

Fair enough, brother... we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Krispy

2005/3/14 16:57

Re:

Quote:
I recall a well known Bible preacher who used to say. In those days it was their feet than brought them to the meeting. If you want to wash what brought me to the meeting, its out there in the carpark.

In case you think that comment abrasive that man on more than one occasion was found to have sneaked out of conferences that he was leading at night to secretly wash cars in the carpark!

What a cool idea! I like that... tho knowing how things usually go for me, I'll get arrested for stealing cars while I'm driving them down to the carwash! LOL

Krispy

2005/3/14 16:59
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm Re-posting this because it was over looked

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not believe in a "prayer language", or an angelic language that each believer receives (there is no Biblical basis for this belief).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krispy,
How do you interpret

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Thanks

2005/3/14 17:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy