SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Transhumanism.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tomo07

Australia

Transhumanism.

A very interesting & thought provoking article I read recently. Altough a year or so old, very relevent & a must read. We need to know about what is going on, and at the very least have a basic understaning of the times we are living in.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/08/334589/

Also if you find this interesting, I watched a recent lecture by Dr Chuck Missler & Tom Horn put out by Dr Missler's Koinonia's House Entitled.- The Hybrid Age. This is a more in depth look into the transhumanism agenda and whats behind it.

Both Dvd's. - Transhumanism ( trailer in above link ) & The Hybrid Age, are avaliable from

www.wnd.com

and I would highly recommend.

2013/1/30 19:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Transhumanism.

Lord, have mercy!

Sounds to me like there are way too many folks with Ph.D.'s who don't have enough work to do that they have to dabble in areas that are too sensational in order to earn grant money to fund their research. Society would be better served if they went to a third world country and start digging ditches with the natives!

2013/1/31 9:06Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re: Transhumanism.

"Nanosensors patrolling your bloodstream for the first sign of an imminent stroke or heart attack, releasing anticlotting or anti-inflammatory drugs to stop it in its tracks. Cell phones that display your vital signs and take ultrasound images of your heart or abdomen. Genetic scans of malignant cells that match your cancer to the most effective treatment."

MIT Technology Review
http://www.technologyreview.com/review/426437/technological-healing/

Transhumanism? What are the spiritual implications of this evolutionary shift?

Have you seen the commercial for a new phone gadget called "DNA"? The slogan says:

"It's not just an upgrade to your phone, it's an upgrade to your 'self'"...

Does participation in such metamodernistic manipulation of flesh and blood impact the spiritual vitality of man? Could it be a satanic trapdoor to spiritual death?

This is an important dialogue. I would like to know how other believers are processing this fast-approaching attempt to "upgrade" humanity.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2013/1/31 13:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Issachar wrote:

"This is an important dialogue. I would like to know how other believers are processing this fast-approaching attempt to "upgrade" humanity."

I agree that this is an important dialogue to have.

A year or so ago I saw a TV special about advances in technology relating to human safety/performance. The show was about "super-skin" or an exoskeleton they are developing that could be worn by humans, and which would protect them greatly from various sorts of harm and injury, and would even help ward off various diseases. It is something that was very lightweight, that you would slip on in the morning under your clothes and not even know it is there. There was also something in the design that would enable a person to run faster, jump higher and absorb shock. However, there were no mechanical parts that I recall. It would be comparable to a scuba suit but much thinner.

As technology advances, we are going to be confronted by stuff like this. If I wanted to wear some sort of an "exoskeleton" under my clothing to help protect myself, is that sinful? I would certainly think not.

When it comes to implanting things, it gets a little dicier. We already do implant some things (pacemakers, e.g.). My wife has a titanium rod in her leg.

Brain transplants are surely just on the horizon (scenario- a person sustains fatal injuries but brain is ok- this person's brain can be transplanted into another body that is brain dead). This raises various issues.

What about when a person's brain can be placed into a mechanical body. Lots more problems.

When it comes to cloning humans and cross-breeding humans/animals, absolutely not.

2013/1/31 14:20Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

TMK wrote:

"When it comes to implanting things, it gets a little dicier. We already do implant some things (pacemakers, e.g.). My wife has a titanium rod in her leg."

My response:

"'All things are lawful for me,' but not all things are helpful. 'All things are lawful for me,' but I will not be enslaved by anything." (I Cor. 6: 12)

For the purposes of healing, technology can, indeed, prove to be yet another expression of God's mercy and care for the functioning of our physical bodies - which HE created for HIS purpose(s).

I am speaking more of transhumanism as an expression of perfectionistic and humanistic efforts to manipulate and gain "supranatural" control over the physical body for vainglorious purposes.

Transhumanism is a "change" in and interference with the nature, functioning, and attributes of the God-designed, flesh and blood, physical body. It could be leading man down a path to spiritual enslavement similar to the post WWI eugenics movement. This "transhumanism" is not the first attempt of mankind to explore the possibility of using science and technology to improve the qualities of the human species.

A pace-maker, titanium implant, or prosthetic limb is not at all in the same category as transhumanism. The former are more or less beneficial blessed manifestations of God's power to bestow gifts upon humanity to be used as instruments for man's healing and (most of all) to promote God's glory.

Transhumanism, however, holds the glorification of humanity as its end, under the guise of a more efficient and innovative healthcare system.

More thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2013/1/31 16:24Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

Where will all this take us in the near future?

It really is horrible to think these types of things are going on. Although that has been the devils plan from the start. Corrupt man image & gentic make up, already tried it before remember Genisis 6. The son's of god came down to the daugters of man and bore them children, giants men of renown. God had to destroy manking because of this corruption, so Noah built an ark.

Could we be going full circle? seems the old testament often repeats itself. Is it just Transhumanism or are the Nephilim ( fallen angels ) coming back to mix their seed yet again with mankind? is there a hidden agenda behind all this?

If so, certainly makes this scripture interesting.

Matt 22:24 (KJV)

'And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened'.

2013/2/1 20:01Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

Are there other pastors/teachers on this topic, that can shed futher light on this ungodly movement.

2013/2/2 19:36Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Tomo07 wrote:

"It really is horrible to think these types of things are going on. Although that has been the devils plan from the start. Corrupt man image & gentic make up, already tried it before remember Genisis 6. The son's of god came down to the daugters of man and bore them children, giants men of renown. God had to destroy manking because of this corruption, so Noah built an ark."

IssacharSon's response:

Wow! Tomo07 is really on to something here! Yes, lest we forget Genesis 6 and its repercussions for centuries onward. This makes perfect sense, indeed it does. Same old sin, different age. Especially if we juxtapose Genesis 6, the current "Transhumanism" movement, and our Lord's gift of insight in Luke 17: 26 and Matthew 24: 37 -

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Tomo07, you've expressed great biblical insight in your comment about Genesis 6 as it relates to the issue (threat) of transhumanism. Thank you! I will certainly keep this scripture in mind as I explore this phenom more closely.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2013/2/2 19:56Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

IssacharSon, futher information can be found @ this website.

www.douglashamp.com

I am only saying what I have learned from this and other websites.
Most of this material is other people's who have dedicated much time & effort into this subject.

Altough I have been investigating this topic for some time now, the Nephilim or fallen angels are planning a return, hence

'as it was in the days of noah, so shall the coming of the son of man be'.

It's through movies, ( Avatar for example. ) hollywood, music, video games ect... seems certain people are not only aware of this, but trying to make it happen. Prepareing us for it, so as to accept it when it comes

Certainly a interesting topic, which I hope more will take note and look into, as we need to be aware of the times we are living in.

Blessings IssacharSon's Praying the Lord will both bless & guide by his Spirit as you look futher Tomo07.

2013/2/2 22:34Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

Take a look 'corrupting the image', by Douglas Hamp.

Very interesting what he has to say on the video.

www.douglashamp.com

2013/2/5 1:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy