SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praise the Lord and Please pray for me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
5nva

Praise the Lord and Please pray for me

Greetings to all my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I know I have not shared anything in word in any forums in a long time. It isn't because I have not been visiting the site. I visit often and read most of the posts. I am blessed by many things being said and provoked to consider things. I am in a place where I just feel the Lord has me to be slow to speak and if I have nothing to say that I know is from Him then I would rather not speak it at all.

I wanted to share a quick testimony and prayer request.

First, praise the Lord for just celebrating my 18 year anniversary. The Lord has done so much in my wife and I over the years and He truly gets all the glory, for without Him I know things would not be as they are in my life.

Second, I would like to ask that you pray for my wife and me. The Lord has lead us to adopt a child form China. We believe He would have us to do this as His will and ministry for our lives. It is a long process, about 9-12 months. We are planning to go as a family to pick up our little gift (orphan) when it is all final. We will travel to China sometime near the beginning of next year. I have meditated and been challenged over the past few months with Hebrews 13:1-3; Matthew 25:31-46; James 1:27 and several other scriptures. I have been asking the Lord to show me and give me a heart to do what He asks of me. In the past few months the Lord has opened a door for me to go to a youth prison and minister with a group from a local Calvary Chapel Church. Now He has opened a door for us to adopt an orphan.

My wife and I have lost four children over the years and have three with us. I can only say that our suffering and affliction through these difficult times have always allowed us to grow and mature in the Lord and be comforted by Him. Now our comfort will be to comfort an orphan by giving her a home with parents who love her and raise her to live for Jesus Christ.

So much to share but I just ask that you please pray for us when the Lord brings us to your mind. Pray that we would be patient and just trust Him and that He would bring this all together as He wills and for His glory.

Thanks and God bless,

Mike

2005/3/7 15:49Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Praise the Lord and Please pray for me

Praise the Lord indeed! Good to hear from you again Mike.

You and your family will certainly be in our prayers.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/3/7 16:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praise the Lord and Please pray for me

Brother!

So good to hear from you again.

What a wonderful testimony this all is. My heart and prayers are with you indeed. At work right now, but came across a couple going through the same exact process of adoption that you are doing, wondering if it may be even throught the same agency. Anyway, when I get home I could send it to you, if anything for just mutual encouragement. My heart rejoices to hear these things brother, being adopted. (Twice! :-) )

2005/3/7 16:02Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

I have friends here in the UK who adopted a chinese boy with learning disabilities a couple of years ago. They had worked in China and knew the Chinese authorities well, if you would like their email address just let me know.

2005/3/7 16:23Profile
5nva

Re:

Ron, Mike and anyone else, yes go ahead an email me whatever you think would be helpful or encouraging. We are trusting the Lord in all this and believe He will use others to share things that will help us along the way.

My email is mike_mordick@adp.com

Thanks again.

2005/3/7 16:29Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Welcome Mike,

Good to hear from you and will pray that the Lord's will be done regarding this child.

Ed

2005/3/7 16:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy