SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : becoming an evaluator of the saved!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

becoming an evaluator of the saved!

If you don't become a reconciler of the lost, you will become an evaluator of the saved. There is something inherent in our new nature that wants to see people get right with God,
And if we don't direct it at the lost, we will direct it at the saved. Then instead of pursuing sinners, we will spend our time policing the saints. All of us have been called to be "Fishers of Men"' but when those who are called to fish don't fish, they fight. When energy that was meant to be used outside the church is used inside the church, The result is explosive.
Instead of becoming reachers of the lost, we become critics of the saved.
Instead of extending helping hands, we point accusing fingers.
Instead of helping the hurting, we hurt the helpers.
And sadly, the lost go unreached, the poor go unfed, and the confused go unconsoled.
But, when those who are called to fish Fish-they flourish.
Souls are reached, lives are changed, and the world is impacted.

This was observed hanging on the wall of an Amish/Mennonite Community Room

2013/1/27 20:02Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: becoming an evaluator of the saved!

Its an interesting little didey ...to be sure:

And i think we all get the point ...yep point taken:

We seem to be the only army ...that turns ...it weapons...on itself (sadly)

And one can Contend for the faith ....without being contentious::

The only thing i would say though is Paul was still very interested in the delivering of Sound doctrine, and he was interested in both the saved/and the unsaved: he was interested in the churched and unchurched.

And his interests were proportionally distrubuted accordingly so:

The saved ...dont stay saved....without follow up - and the the "saved" need to become " discipled disciples " - Lest the devil snatcheth away" the seed" ... which was sown (planted) into his heart:

Doctrine is important ...as error leads astray, error decieves:

But the post is well appreciated, new, and refreshing:

And its true we all have to get on with the job (task) of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Son of the Living God !!! ( the truth )

2013/1/27 21:42Profile
mattf12486

Re: becoming an evaluator of the saved!

Amen, I've noticed in my own life that when I'm focused on what God has placed in my life, I'm less likely to be critical of others in the church. However the reverse is true too. When I'm not being obedient in what the Lord has placed in my life, I become very critical and love to find fault in others. It's so easy to be an armchair quarterback and never actually get in the game myself. I've noticed the more critical I am, the less grace I have for others in my heart.
Obviously, if something is heretical we should judge such a thing, however, we have to be on guard to not become an accuser of the brethren. I know some people that have become so "right" in their own minds that they don't have a teachable spirit anymore. The passage i've been thinking on alot lately, is where Noah's son Ham finds Noah passed out drunk in his tent and runs and tells his brother's of their father's nakedness (sin). The brother's go and cover their father's nakedness and the scripture that the Lord keeps putting in my mind is "love covers a multitude of sins." (1 Pet 4:8)
Somehow there is a balance between judge not and judge righteous judgement and I'm learning that it is a very slippery slope that we must tread when judging another brother or sister. Are we quick to find fault in others and think their motives are impure, or are we quick to give grace?

2013/1/27 23:08Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

I also know some people ... who spend almost the whole of there life fighting error ( your wrong brother ) i intend to fight you on this ( with words of course ) and prove you wrong!

Are they heresy hunters?

well you decide on that ( depending on the situation)

But to occupy in that ...and on that:

personally i fail to see how its profited them ...that occupy therein:

Just as paul said those who occupy in endless geneologies did not profit those ( who occupied) therein and did so.

The hard core heresy hunters ive met and been aquainted with are "so hateful" its actually very very scary.

its like they dont have a soul ( there stoically emotionless)

(oh your stirring the pot) Sof

Expect reaction now:

I have friends *smile* waiting for me to slip up:

Thats okay....im being tested...to.walk in love

I know...

but in all seriousness ( opps forgot capps) heresy fault finders are ugly people...who for the most part are ( Given to judging) everyone else except themselves: (the heresy hunters) will crucify you over spelling / gramatical imperfections ) its like what are you some kind of ignoramious or something) no just ignorant and umlearned men ( that you didnt compete year12? and there insulted and offended by you:

(theres no grace....you didnt....insert a comma...in the right place.

or over used elipsis.

ive had people say yeah good post ..
pity you cant spell or put comas in right place though:

Intererestingly they hard on others...but not as HARD on themselves:

Sometimes though (and its true) when some people sense they are losing the discussion....they try to discredit you ...by pointing out your grammatical imperfections ( oh brother please spell check) please:

Its called....reaching ...for straws.

Sadly heresy hunters ( know no grace)

they might know Doctrone ...just Not ....Grace:

Jesus however was full of grace and truth: (both)

the " heresy hunters" ive known - are only full of truth ( not Grace)

2013/1/30 5:32Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

This post is actually very very under rated ..
in my opinion...and all heresy hunters
word of warning/ advice:
take heed
where are your energies today?
displaced or in the right areas??

2013/1/30 6:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy