SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iran sentences American pastor Saeed Abedini to 8 years in prison

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Iran sentences American pastor Saeed Abedini to 8 years in prison

Christian pastor Saeed Abedini, an American imprisoned in Iran on charges of evangelizing, was sentenced this morning to eight years in prison.

According to the American Center for Law and Justice, Abedini was verbally sentenced in Tehran by Judge Pir-Abassi, known as the “hanging judge,” to eight years in prison for threatening the national security of Iran through his leadership in Christian house churches. He will serve the time in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison, known as one of the most brutal.

The evidence, the ACLJ reports, was based on Abedini’s activities primarily during the early 2000s, when house churches were not considered a threat in Iran.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/27/iran-sentences-american-pastor-saeed-abedini-to-8-years-in-prison/#ixzz2JDDZlBua

2013/1/27 16:07

Re: Iran sentences American pastor Saeed Abedini to 8 years in prison

"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body."

"And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it."

"For the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his own people who are prisoners."

Jesus said: "I was in prison and you came to me."

"About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them."

"Proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance."

"Pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

"At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion’s mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen."

2013/1/27 21:40

Re:

May God strenghtben this brother and use him for his purposes in Iran.

Bearnaster.

2013/1/27 22:22

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy