SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shame is Brought to light on Dateline Tonight..my heart breaks

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Simply put the Christianity that these men propogate is not the Christianity that I believe in. And I think many others will commit to this opinion here on SI.

Amen... it is a false gospel. Paul warned of such. It is not Christian.

Krispy

2005/3/7 11:58
Angyl

Re:

Can anyone here say "Tare"?

I am of the mind of the other poster who said that Hinn must truly [b]NOT[/b] believe in God to be doing this, either that or be under a [b][i]massive[/b][/i] spiritual deception and...somehow...honestly believe that he is in the right with God.

I just can't really fathom that second option though.

2005/3/7 12:26Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: What fills your eyes!

Leonard Ravenhill said in response to being asked about the responsibility of preachers and pastors in churches 'Live it, live it, live it' he said, seems like good advice for us on this thread. The world is waiting for a fresh demonstration of christianity, why don't you let it start with you.

2005/3/7 12:46Profile
Rahman

Re: Shame is Brought to light on Dateline Tonight..my heart breaks

4AM you wrote ...
"How my heart is breaking. Shame is to be brought to light tonight on Dateline TV show. The glory of God's will suffer tonight"

Take heart my brother for yes shame may be brought on Dateline tonight but it won't be shame on our Lord, it will be shame on the man whose perpetrating a fraud in the name of Christ and has made himself a stumbling block, shame on any Christian who's stumbled by the fall of any fallen man of God, whether they are actual or self proclaimed, for apparently they've displaced Christ with this one as their Savior and are guilty of the idolotry of creature worship, and shame on any heathen who uses this expose as their continued reason for rejecting Christ unto their salvation ... And tho i understand your heart felt sentiment there is nothing any of us can do to diminish the Glory of God, the best, or should i say worse that any of us can do regarding the Glory of God is to mess around and have it leave us ... Ugggghhhhhh ... God's glory is dependent on Himself alone ...

What's happening to Hinn is but the beginning of what will happen to many ... It may seem that this expose is a victory by satan, but he can do no exposing that God Himself is not using it for to His own benefit, and the benefit to the final culmination of all this history since the fall of man ... the bringing of His Kingdom ...

The following is an excerp from my post of 10/8/04 ...
From Jonah, to Jeremiah, to Ezekiel ...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3250&forum=35#21631

Ezek.13

[1] And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

[2] (Rahman), prophesy against the prophets of (the Church of Christ) that prophesy, and say thou unto them that they prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;

[3] Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

[4] O (Bride of Christ), thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

[5] Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of (Christ) to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

[6] They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

[7] Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

[8] Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD.

[9] And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of (Christ), neither shall they enter into the (Church of Jesus); and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

[10] Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

[11] Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

[12] Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?

[13] Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.

[14] So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

[15] Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it.

We all serve a most patient and long suffering God, but He'll not put up with our crap forever, and when He get's fed up, after He's given us more than ample space to REPENT, He erases out spots and irons out wrinkles of unholiness from before His most holy face ... That's what the writings of the prophets are all about! ... God's MO of how He fixes things ... Amen

2005/3/7 13:11Profile
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
The world is waiting for a fresh demonstration of christianity, why don't you let it start with you.

Quote:
[b]# Matthew 3:7[/b]
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

[b]# Matthew 12:34[/b]
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

[b]Matthew 12:33-35[/b]
[b]# Matthew 23:33[/b]
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

[b]Matthew 23:15[/b][i][size=15]
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.[/i][/size]

I dunno...but it seems to me like Biblical demonstrations of Christianity call a spade a spade and cry out against the wicked ways of other men...

In fact, I can't find anywhere in my Bible where Biblical Christians (or "good" Christians, if you will) sit down and shut up in the face of evil. From [b]Moses[/b] to [b]the Prophets[/b] to [b]John the Baptist[/b] and [b]Paul[/b]. When they saw someone practicing a wicked way, they were loud, vocal and outspoken against it.

Lord, lead me in [b][u]THAT[/b][/u] righteous way. ;-)

2005/3/7 13:19Profile
Rahman

Re:

Amen Angyl;

Gal.6
[1] Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
[2] Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
[3] For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

i watched a program (as much as i could) of Benny Hinn and a few of the other brothers that went with him on this last crusade in India, and it was so obvious the sucking up to him, but even more disturbing was his baiting the others for their pride stroking suck ups ... i found it sickening and i immediately began to pray, especially asking our Lord that He please never, ever, ever let me get to such a place, because let's face it folks, we're all capable of getting too big for our britches under the right circumstances ... We all owe it to one another, out of love, to truthfully pull our coat tails when we're wrong ... i'd rather for my brethren to do it, than for God to do so directly.

2005/3/7 13:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
I dunno...but it seems to me like Biblical demonstrations of Christianity call a spade a spade and cry out against the wicked ways of other men...

In fact, I can't find anywhere in my Bible where Biblical Christians (or "good" Christians, if you will) sit down and shut up in the face of evil. From Moses to the Prophets to John the Baptist and Paul. When they saw someone practicing a wicked way, they were loud, vocal and outspoken against it.

And when that happens you get called "insensitive", "biggoted" and other assorted names. I wonder how John the Baptist would be accepted today? Or how about Paul? In fact, I wonder how Jesus would be accepted by most people who call themselves Christians?

Being a Christian means not being politically correct. It means being abrasive. By abbrasive I dont mean rude or mean... but taking a no compromise stand for holiness and righteousness... two things that are missing most in modern day Christianity.

But nobody wants to hear [i]that[/i].

Krispy

2005/3/7 14:15
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Angyl wrote:
...it seems to me like Biblical demonstrations of Christianity call a spade a spade and cry out against the wicked ways of other men...

Very true, let me tell you what I mean. How can I say this gracefully, maybe I'll just have use a spade and not digging impliment normaly made out metal, with a flat piece in the front.

We are in a church meeting and someone stands up and proclaims 'That Hinn fellow, there is a whole lot wrong with him...' most of the church agrees. A few months later someone else stands up and says the same thing, the church now really thinks be careful of the Hinn guy. A few months later someone else stands up and says the same thing again. By now the church is starting to wonder what is so important about this Hinn guy, people seem to be obsessed with wanting to expose him, he is getting more airtime that Jesus. Do you get my point.

If you do a search on the forums about a certain mister Hinn, you will find that we have sliced, diced, grated, rolled, and pounded everything about him. I may get slammed for this, but move on, he is so tiny compared to our awesome God.

p.s. Are you saying that Hinn is a Pharisee? 8-)

2005/3/7 14:19Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Quote:
...By abbrasive I dont mean rude or mean... but taking a no compromise stand for holiness and righteousness...

If by "abbrasive" you mean that a Christian should speak evil of no one, be peaceable and gentle, should show all humility to all men, should not quarrel, should be kind to everyone, able to teach, and not be resentful - if that is what you mean by abrasive - then I agree. :-)

I agree with you however; scripture instructs us to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."

Our society is being programmed to believe that tolerance is a virtue, and that morality is both subjective and open to personal interpretation. Speaking truth into this moral vacuum is a one way ticket to infamy.

Praise the Lord for that. It has never been so easy to search our own hearts and know whether we are compromisers or not! ;-)

Dan

2005/3/7 15:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
If by "abbrasive" you mean that a Christian should speak evil of no one, be peaceable and gentle, should show all humility to all men, should not quarrel, should be kind to everyone, able to teach, and not be resentful - if that is what you mean by abrasive - then I agree.

Absolutely we should be all those things, and more! Amen. What I was trying to say is that if you take a strong stand for holiness and righteousness today... even among Christians... you are considered abrasive.

There is much love in giving warning about false gospels and false teachers. NOT warning of them is to hate your fellow man. Just like not disciplining your children is a form of hatred toward them. If you love your children, you discipline them... thats all over in the book of Proverbs. The Bible says if a man does not discipline his child, he hates his child.

Love is not a mushy emotional fluffy feeling.

Altho my beautiful wife does bring out the mushy emotional fluffy side of me. :-)

Krispy

2005/3/7 15:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy