SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The light of the body is the eye

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The light of the body is the eye

My husband and I operate a business - a mom and pop operation. In the course of our work, we meet the public. This is the fun part of our work. We love to meet new people, interact with them. I am always looking for ways to connect on a deeper lever rather then a superficial one knowing this is not possible most of the time, but have had wonderful discussions along the way with customers.

As people come through the door, we look at their faces to identify the person. In addition to it, we usually see something else. Sometimes we see frustration, anger, unhappiness, joy, delight, pleasure, but most of the time just people who are about their business.

I am reminded of Jesus' words when he said "let your light shine so man can see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." And in Mat.6:22,23 Jesus tells us "The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"

And sometimes we see darkness in the eyes. Even in people that consider themselves godly. There is no light there...am wondering what my responsibility is in such cases...

And then there are those who will mask a hardness in their hearts by pasting smiles on their faces...

The point of this post is to help you be aware that there are those who meet the public, see many people in the course of a day and they are reading you like a book and you may not know it. But what are you telling them?

2013/1/17 8:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy