SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay marriage could signal return to ‘centuries of persecution’, - say 1,000 Catholic priests

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

@DEADn Dear brother, it is not God's lack of using His power to deliver homosexuals from their sin, it is either the lack of their willingness to turn from it or the church's lack of proper evangelism. Here is proof: David Upton, a homosexual for 27 years, was completely delivered from homosexuality once he was saved. Here is his testimonial video by illbehonest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqdQ6_MAH2A It is an amazing example of the power of God. He is ready to completely deliver homosexuals if they are willing to repent.

I think this answer is way too easy in context of the 'testimonies' I have heard. Will God deliver all homosexuals who cry out for deliverance? I think the answer is no and yet I don't know why.

I have an ex friend who is homosexual. Ex because we split because of his personality issue. Control freak. Anyway, he was a worship leader at the church as a teenager and young adult. All of his music at home was praise and worship music. Integrity, Hosanna and whatever else is out there. Over 200 cd's at one time. He spent his time at home singing these songs and preaching to the angels. Meaning preaching to the air - angels are invisible remember? All the time struggling with homosexual feelings and finally he gave in to them. Last time I spoke to him he told me how brokenhearted he was that his boyfriend broke up with him. BTW, his favorite preacher, at one time, was Rod Parsely. I see people such as him and wonder why does God hold Hand back?

How often do you hear of homosexuals who have been delivered vs. homosexuals who have not been delivered? Of those who have not been delivered to you resign yourself to saying that they need to do something to be delivered from this? Maybe they are not trying hard enough?

I bring this up because the homosexual march is on and Gay marriage is gaining steam. Homosexuality is very amplified in the bible as wrong. BOth OT and NT yet the cultural clash between society and the Bible is coming to a head. Society is emotionally siding with homosexuality while warring against the Bible being ignorant of it. Yet, caught in the crossfire are people who say they want deliverance and somehow cannot find it. Somehow God has not delivered them. WHY?

I caution myself when I hear emotional pleas from those who haven't gotten deliverance because I know truth isn't bound my emotional. Truth is bound in faith because it doesn't trust in what circumstances are around a person. Yet I ask myself where is God in this picture? Are these people telling us they want deliverance but they really don't and think they do but their heart really don't? It isn't an easy answer but I know what the fundamentalist view is. It is WRONG and sin to engage in yet where is the deliverance??

Ginnyrose - yes, this is a tough question but if Christians can't stand to answer it and confront it somehow then it becomes yet another reason why there is no power in the Church because society has infiltrated and God has left. I lean on the scripture of being able to answer every man when I can.

2013/1/15 16:09Profile

Re:

"However, I don't see where legislation will make any difference. The only thing legislation will do is drive sin underground. If we could simply legislate morality then there would have been no need of a savior. We could all just try real hard."

I agree 100% hoohoou, sorry for being unclear.

“Gods only plan is through the preaching of His Gospel… Folks it’s not through politics and everyone who is running around telling me that we are going to organize and legislate holiness – you don’t know your bibles! God raises up anointed fearless prophets and preachers of His word to bring a nation or generation to its knees, or to harden their hearts before judgement comes.” – David Wilkerson

2013/1/15 19:04

Re:

"I used to think that the church would suffer for the sins of america but I've turned that around and now I say that america will suffer for the sins of the church". -Leonard Ravenhill

2013/1/15 19:08
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

@DEADn I can see why you are struggling with this issue, but you must remember God is just and has have the power to totally transform lives. You are right that not everyone who calls out for deliverance will be delivered, but do you not think God will deliver those who truly hate their sin and desire communion with God? And notice I said "truly." It is easy for people to have false motives, whether known or unknown. We sometimes see or hear people suffering because they were rejected from their homes, churches, or friends because they were homosexual and feel pity for them. Is what happened to them wrong? Often times it certainly is wrong. But when they complain or accuse God because He is not delivering them, I believe it may reveal an unrepentant heart. I am not saying they are not willing to repent of homosexuality. They could very well be unrepentant because of another sin.

The point I am trying to make is that there is no injustice with God regarding their condition. People have many problems, and God honestly does not owe us anything, but He is very merciful and gracious. The testimonials, the true testimonials, should not be rejected because they are few in number or for any other reason. They testify to a great truth about a great God. Our job as Christians is to point these people to our great God and never doubt His power to save. He Who delivered us from our sins and gave us power to overcome them is perfectly able to do the same for anyone else.

2013/1/15 20:31Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

@DEADn I can see why you are struggling with this issue, but you must remember God is just and has have the power to totally transform lives. You are right that not everyone who calls out for deliverance will be delivered, but do you not think God will deliver those who truly hate their sin and desire communion with God? And notice I said "truly." It is easy for people to have false motives, whether known or unknown. We sometimes see or hear people suffering because they were rejected from their homes, churches, or friends because they were homosexual and feel pity for them. Is what happened to them wrong? Often times it certainly is wrong. But when they complain or accuse God because He is not delivering them, I believe it may reveal an unrepentant heart. I am not saying they are not willing to repent of homosexuality. They could very well be unrepentant because of another sin.

The point I am trying to make is that there is no injustice with God regarding their condition. People have many problems, and God honestly does not owe us anything, but He is very merciful and gracious. The testimonials, the true testimonials, should not be rejected because they are few in number or for any other reason. They testify to a great truth about a great God. Our job as Christians is to point these people to our great God and never doubt His power to save. He Who delivered us from our sins and gave us power to overcome them is perfectly able to do the same for anyone else.

You used the word 'truly' and it gives me thought about something. How does truly come? Does it come by actions and not merely by words? Just like when a person comes to Christ. If the person leaves the 'altar' and goes away unchanged they did not truly become a Christian? If a person does the same thing but leaves the altar changed inside and they begin to bear fruit then they are 'truly' a Christian? If the latter happens what if, down the road, they end up becoming skeptical and end up being agnostic or atheistic. Where does 'truly' come in in this situation? I use this example because it is happening with many people.

Yet when some claim certain things the heart can be deceitful and really not want to be set free although the mouth says it wants to be. I realize this yet how much of this deception is taking place?

I realize this is a bit deep but if I , personally , want to grow this is where I need to go. I can't be satisfied just answers and maybe that is vain of me but that is where I am. I appreciate your input in this matter because what I pulled out here does have the wheels turning.

2013/1/15 21:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy