SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where is tbe outcry?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Where is tbe outcry?

So strange. When the Second Amendment is under attack. This forum howls. But when an American citizen, a brother in Christ is imorisoned in Iran for his faith in Jesus. This forum is strangely silent.

One wonders where tbe outcry is?

Bearmaster.

2013/1/14 7:01
SkepticGuy

Re: Where is tbe outcry?

i have not commented on either issue. i suspect 4 many the understanding is that persecution will come. praise god for persecution becuz it means we are doing sumthing right. whoa 2 those christians who the world luvs.

people respond more to 2nd amendment discussions becuz its tangible and sumthing that people feel like they can do sumthing about. it isn't that people don't care about this gentleman in iran. i think that is a harsh judgement to make, but not surprised at all 2 see u make it.

i have not noticed the forums 'howling' over the 2nd amendment. i think at best there were 2 discussions. ive seen more over less important topics, and watched people get tossed off sermonindex over less important things.

2013/1/14 7:27Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

What kind of outcry should this forum have? It is one thing to have our own opinion and voice it but what does that do? Nothing in the end.

Faith without works is dead and so is a voice without feet.
So, if someone decides to speak out against something and those words simply stay in the forum because that is where they usually stay, is there something wrong with that?

John

2013/1/14 8:06Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

good thought! writing on this forum duz little good. i have witnessed it do much bad, actually. much jusgementalism and hurt feelings result becuz of this forum. thats why i only pop in once in a great while. i dont want 2 get sucked in2 the muck and mire of this forum. in many ways its worse than facebook.

2013/1/14 8:38Profile

Quote:
I urge Euodia and I urge Syntyche to live in harmony in the Lord. Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life. Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

(Php 4:2–8)

2013/1/14 9:14
MaryJane

by bearmaster on 2013/1/14 1:01:38

So strange. When the Second Amendment is under attack. This forum howls. But when an American citizen, a brother in Christ is imorisoned in Iran for his faith in Jesus. This forum is strangely silent.

One wonders where tbe outcry is?

Bearmaster.

I did see this story in the news several days ago and committed then to pray for this man as the LORD has given me leading. Thank you for posting about this so that others might be informed and if lead can pray also.

I think you already know the answer to your own question though you have asked in this thread. Many who come to the forum choose the topics that are of interest to them and yes that does sometimes mean that devotional topics, teaching topics, or prayer threads do get passed over. I have come to believe though that those who do see them are exactly the ones GOD has chosen to see them!

Something I have learned over the years is there are many different people, from different backgrounds and faiths that come here to the forum. They are all in different places of maturity in their walks and that does play apart to how the forum goes, what topics or threads get the most attention. I think sometimes we have a habit of thinking the forum to be like "church" when in fact it is not. The moderators do their best to keep things in line with what the LORD is showing them but since this is not "church" and there are so many differing levels of maturity it is best to understand and view this forum as it is a place for people to come and share with one another to connect with each other to encourage one another in the LORD. However I do not think there should be an expectation of finding "church" here in the same way that you would when meeting with a body of believers in your area in real life. This is something I am realizing and I do believe it is something that the moderators have tried to say on many occasions.

Loving someone in CHRIST means loving them even if they do not see the same things I am seeing in the exact same way that I see them...at least that is what I am learning. Yes there are core beliefs we all have and hold to but GOD may give you a heart for the persecuted while HE has given me a heart for the lost, while HE is teaching and growing another in understanding about the second amendment :)

Be blessed bear and continue to pray for those things that the LORD gives you leading on and trust that HE will bring in the intercessors according to HIS good will in HIS timing!

God bless
mj

2013/1/14 9:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy