SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : US Pastor Jailed in Iran Tells Family of Death Threat

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 US Pastor Jailed in Iran Tells Family of Death Threat

Pastor Saeed Abedini, a U.S. citizen imprisoned for his Christian faith in his native country Iran, has told his wife in a letter that he is being tortured and might be sentenced to death by hanging.

In his letter, written from the notorious Evin Prison in Tehran and addressed to his wife Naghmeh, the 32-year-old pastor said he was uncertain about his fate.
"This is the process in my life today: one day I am told I will be freed and allowed to see my kids on Christmas (which was a lie) and the next day I am told I will hang for my faith in Jesus," Abedini wrote. "One day there are intense pains after beatings in interrogations, the next day they are nice to you and offer you candy."

However, the pastor sees God's hand in the midst of persecution. "I always wanted God to make me a godly man. I did not realize that in order to become a godly man we need to become like steel under pressure. It is a hard process of warm and cold to make steel," he said, referring to the mixed responses he is receiving in prison. "These hot and colds only make you a man of steel for moving forward in expanding His Kingdom."

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/us-pastor-jailed-in-iran-tells-family-of-death-threat-88142/

2013/1/13 7:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy