SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Prayer that Killed the Prayer Meeting! by David Smithers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Deadn, I believe it is more of a reflection of people's walk and intimacy with the Lord. Whenever there is a lack of intimacy, it has to be replaced with some thing. So if you take away intimacy from the equation then you are left with ego and pride, none of which can exist before the throne.

Brother David Ford one time, prior to speaking and instead of praying, got down on the floor of the platform, on his face, fully stretched out and just lay there for what, for many, was an uncomfortably long time. Even the fact that he was on the floor made many uncomfortable.

Many on SI know the accounts of revival from the past. If you study them to any degree you are going to hear the phrase " awareness of God," or similar phrases. And in my opinion, some men and women, when they pray are actually standing before the throne speaking to God while others are simply speaking. And why would that be? Well, it takes humility to approach the throne. We know that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. This grace represents His presence.

Now grace means unmerited favor, and in truth and in reality we would have no business coming before the throne, yet the Lord Jesus has made a way for us to come into that place. The greatest tragedy of a professing Christian is to not come before that throne and speak to God the Father, God Almighty Himself. It's in that place, in His presence, that we are changed, we are anointed, we are forgiven, we are encouraged, we are empowered, we are captivated, we fully realize our need, we experience the fullness of God, we experience the abundant life, we know joy inexplicable, we are envisioned, we are sent and finally, we are ruined for this life and all that it has to offer.

There is something unique about the corporate presence of God, the shekinah glory of the living God coming down. We are made in such a fashion as to operate as a Body and when we experience His presence as a Body then collectively our heart burns. Notice the singular, there is one heart of Christ and we are part of that. When we come together and stand as one, in unity, then we experience something unique if God so blesses us with His presence. We desperately need this today, this missing element is the crisis of the Christian age............bro Frank

2013/1/14 11:04

Re:

Amen brother Frank.

In Romans it says "in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

I recently listened to a sermon by Katz on "Attaining to Sonship", which was spoken during the later days of his life to, I believe, the group where he ministered in Minnesota. In the beginning of the sermon he exhorted the saints that if they believed and yielded to the reality of this message that it would be their last call. "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing" (John 16:23).

"Though God has many children, He has few "sons" in the Hebraic understanding of that word. And He waits for a certain consecration for that crisis "crossing over" before He can say over us, "This day, I have begotten thee.""

"For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God."

This sermon has taken me to a whole 'nother level, if I may say this in a biblical sense, of my understanding of maturity and completeness in Christ. Not only am I coming to believe and understand that this is attainable for me today, but for each of us.

OH dear saints may we gather together no more like children "tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love."

Dear Lord and Captain of this great salvation, do it again Lord. Do it AGAIN!

KM

2013/1/14 12:44
iceman9

New York

Re: The Prayer that Killed the Prayer Meeting! by David Smithers

Good post - thanks soldout2him.

2013/1/14 18:44Profile

Re: The Prayer that Killed the Prayer Meeting! by David Smithers

*bump*

2014/1/23 14:47
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

by appolus on 2013/1/13 5:41:44

One of the most profound prayer meetings I led was in Wales at the revival conference, in Moriah chapel of all places where the Wesh revival began. I felt so strongly impressed by the Spirit in the in the middle of the night, that I awoke one of the speakers, we were sharing a room, and asked him to join me in prayer, which he gladly did. The next morning i folowed the instructions of the Lord and told the people that the only prayers to be prayed that morning was for those who had been touched by the glory of God to stand up and give Him glory for it, or by those who had not been touched by His glory and stand up and call on it, or by those who had but had lost their first love. People stood up all over the hall and prayed to God, the vast majority with much tears and passion. It lasted an hour and a half with people still standing at the end to pray.

I am always amazed at " teaching prayers." The vital aspect of prayer, in the prayer meeting, is to remember what prayer is. If God is not a living reality in your life then He will not be a living reality in your prayers. One can send prayers into the atmosphere, as men would launch rockets into space, or one can boldly come before the throne of grace ( the bold part is in the coming there at all) and speak to God. If one is truly before the throne, there is no likliehood of preaching or teaching, rather trembling, tears and awe. If it is dignity your after, then the throne-room is not the place to be as one is more likely to be on their faces. Revival happens when the reality of the throne-room opens up to the people, when God " rends the heavens and comes down." ..........bro Frank

Dear Frank,
I think it is time to set a record straight. When it comes to this particular prayer meeting, actually, by your own admission you practised "teaching prayers" there and then. You grabbed the microphone from the moderator, took control of the meeting and commanded people what to pray and what not. A number of people observed the same and felt a grieving of the spirit. One intercessor went out of the meeting and interceded for the situation and it was alright in the end.

Philip

2014/1/25 17:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy