SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Egyptian Preacher Suggests Christian Women Wear Veils to Avoid Rape

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Egyptian Preacher Suggests Christian Women Wear Veils to Avoid Rape

A radical Salafist preacher who is a proponent of anti-vice police recently shocked Egyptians when he appeared on primetime television to urge women to wear headscarves to avoid being raped.

The preacher's comments have since been refuted by the country's head Islamic legal official, who regarded them as "idiotic."

"I was once asked: If I came to power, would I let Christian women remain unveiled? And I said: If they want to get raped on the streets, then they can," preacher Hisham el-Ashry, who is reportedly regarded as extreme, said on a prime-time program on Nahar TV last week, according to Reuters.

El-Ashry, a Salafist leader and founder of the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice Authority, also suggested on the television program that Egypt implement "anti-vice police," meaning authorities who tour the streets to ensure civilians are following Islamic law.

The preacher said that the introduction of anti-vice police was "not a bad thing", adding: "In order for Egypt to become fully Islamic, alcohol must be banned and all women must be covered."

Read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/egyptian-preacher-suggests-christian-women-wear-veils-to-avoid-rape-88049/

2013/1/12 8:24Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re: Egyptian Preacher Suggests Christian Women Wear Veils to Avoid Rape

….and the Arab spring continues to spiral down into a nightmare. Meanwhile Christian persecution is being ramped up. I am totally disgusted and angered to read about this tyrannical misogynist. Rape is an act of violence.

2013/1/12 15:35Profile
Coolwater

Re: Egyptian Preacher Suggests Christian Women Wear Veils to Avoid Rape

Sorry Greg: Nice post but my belief's are as such...

"All great revivals came in the midst of apostasy. Judgment is rushing on to a climax. But God’s program is also rushing to a climax—and nothing will answer the spiritual needs of this hour except the supernatural power of God. There is every evidence in God’s Word, and in His working today, that the hour is at hand for the outpouring of the Spirit and God’s consummation of the age!"

Thanks anyways.

2013/1/12 19:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy