SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Mike Huckabee Promotes Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Jan. 5 to Fight HHS Mandate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Mike Huckabee Promotes Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Jan. 5 to Fight HHS Mandate

Months after galvanizing a huge turnout at Chick-fil-A restaurants in support of the owners' stance on biblical marriage, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is at it again – this time promoting a Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day, Jan. 5, to support the Christian owners' fight against the Obama administration's HHS mandate.

On Thursday, Huckabee announced his support of the grassroots event to shop at Hobby Lobby stores on Jan. 5, 2013, on his public Facebook page and his website.

"They are having to fight in court for the most basic American rights of freedom of religion and freedom of speech," wrote Huckabee. "The Obama administration insists that companies like Hobby Lobby bow their knees to the God of government health care mandates, even when those mandates are a clear and direct contradiction to their personal beliefs of faith."

Starting this year, Hobby Lobby, a crafts retailer owned by David Green and his family, was set to incur $1.3 million in fines each day from the Obama administration for not complying with the contraception mandate, which requires the crafts retailer to pay for types of birth control that the owners feel violate their religious beliefs.

Read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/mike-huckabee-promotes-hobby-lobby-appreciation-day-jan-5-to-fight-hhs-mandate-87721/

2013/1/4 21:18Profile
Compton

Re: Mike Huckabee Promotes Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Jan. 5 to Fight HHS Mandate

My son, coming of voting age under our current federal government, recently summarized politics as "simply one group of people seeking to force their will on other people, with force and violence if necessary." What is happening to Hobby Lobby (And many others such as Dominos) seems to support his unpolished view.

2013/1/4 22:01Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

will the good people of sermonindex support this, or simply mock it like they did the chikfila day in august?

2013/1/5 5:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

My friend, the reason I posted this was to help promote this idea. This was done as well for the Chik-Fil-A idea. I think its great to support in a small one large christian businesses that take a stand for Christ.

Me and my wife and God willing going to try and visit Hobby Lobby today in the city we live in: Cumming, GA.

2013/1/5 8:51Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"My friend, the reason I posted this was to help promote this idea. This was done as well for the Chik-Fil-A idea. I think its great to support in a small one large christian businesses that take a stand for Christ."

Amen! Praise God for those business men that are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. We are not to hide our light but to let it shine before all men.

I will actively support all those that take a stand for Christ.

Mike

2013/1/5 9:09Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

i think u misunderstood, sermonindex. i am all 4 supporting businesses like chikfila and hobby lobby! but many of ur more domineering and overbearing members of this forum were very critical of any1 who showed support of chikfila back in august. go back and read sum of the conversations that happened here. those who went 2 chikfila on that day were told by sum here that they were more concerned about a chicken sandwich than about reaching the world with the gospel. i hope that duz not happen again with this support of hobby lobby.

4 those who don't know, hobby lobby is a pretty cool store. i did sum of my Christmas shopping there this yr.

2013/1/5 9:56Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Skepticguy

Your comments reveal that there is always contentions in any system and it is a real shame. It comes down to how a person views a movement. Some see it has a fight over a chicken sandwich and in that case they are grossly blind and it is those kinds of attitudes that anyone should stay away from. For, if that is the viewpoint of some then how skewed are they with other viewpoints? A scary thing.

I supported the Chic Fila deal. Never been into Hobby Lobby though.

You mentioned more domineering and overbearing members of this forum. A Great reflection, in my opinion, as to why many people have left the church and lost their faith in God because the reflection of God gets lost by some who wish to exert their own will in place of God's Will.

John

2013/1/5 10:30Profile

Re: Mike Huckabee Promotes Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Jan. 5 to Fight HHS Mandate

Thanks for posting Greg.

And perhaps more important, here is a link to an online White House petition for Hobby Lobby (and ANY business owner) whose beliefs oppose abortion, to be exempted from the HHS healthcare mandate requiring them to provide abortion-causing drugs to their employees:

http://wh.gov/Uyhf

2013/1/5 16:45
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

There was a good turnout today at the local Hobby Lobby in Lake Charles La. I read that there was much support in other areas also.

Mike

2013/1/5 20:20Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re:

I'm still more than a little perplexed and befuddled with what to think of this. There's been some fairly philosophically thought provoking comments from David Green on this ordeal. He's obviously attempting to make a stand on this business and moral issue. Morals are tied to ethics though, and businesses are judged by their ethical standards. Whom they form partnerships is a glaring example of this. Green's trumpeting the moral issue with health care, yet appears to be brazenly ignoring ethical concerns when it comes to who he sources his chinese merchandise from.

2013/1/8 21:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy