SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are the scriptures sufficient?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
madmatg

asia

Re:

Don't mean to butt in, but the new testament tells us that we should be encouraging, rebuking, exhorting, etc(2 Tim 4:2, Titus 2:15, Heb 3:13, etc)

So then the Word is sufficient yes, AND the word says that when fellowship is available we should seek fellowship to help us grow in Him. So if you believe the word to be sufficient then you will seek out biblical council.

That's my 2c anyways. Love you guys

2013/1/6 19:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Bear,

You wrote; """ One can not separate the two. Thus can it be said the more of his words you have in you the more of Jesus you have in you? Or am I sipping on some Arkansas shine assuming this?"""

I would say you cannot have parts and peaces of The Person of Jesus Christ in you, He is whole and He that is in us is One. I would say the more we in our soul/mind have the words and understanding of what He says and is, the more our soul/mind will agree with our Spirit which is Christ.

1 Peter 1:21-23 Who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

So it takes the Spirit of Christ in us to be able to purify our souls, by obeying the truth in compliance and and submission through the Comforter Teacher that Jesus said He would teach us all things whatsoever Jesus has said.

We have all of Christ in us, we are being conformed to that image by the Holy Spirit Teacher that reveals the truth of the Word in our soul/minds bringing us into conformity to the Mind of Christ.

So it can be said that we have all of Christ in us and the more of His Word taught us and revealed to us, are we conformed to that image, which is ordained by God.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

His likeness is what the Word accomplishes in our soul/mind, His Spirit is by rebirthing in us, which is eternal life and complete by He that is in us which is our Glory.

Ro 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

In Christ: Phillip

2013/1/6 23:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
calm down neil your staring to freak out bro take a few deep breths , i was answering a question from our brother pappa ,,,there was no rashness or malis,,,i felt i did not want pappa to think i was ignoring him

brother please don let your jewish roots casue you to misjudg my intentions regarding the pharrisees

blessings

why does your entire response ring wrong with me?

first, i was totally calm, when i wrote it, even to conclude it with "and i DO write that in humility to you", so your response to me, "your staring to freak out bro take a few deep breths" is the antithesis of humility, its assumption mixed in with more than bit of arrogance, telling me to "take a few deep breathes".

that would be the same as me telling you to do some book learning, and give this spelling business the attention it deserves.././...which i would not do.

secondly, what you term as my "jewish roots", just underlines how you dont understand. i have no "jewish roots"....i AM a Jew who follows Jesus, and please dont use the Pauline "there is no jew or gentile" out of context, as SO MANY are wont to do.

Once a Jew apprehends that Jesus is Messiah, they do NOT STOP being a Jew, and anyone who says this is a liar, and does not grasp WHY Jesus came down in His Earthly ministry, nor went to the Cross, nor shed the blood of the LAST Passover Lamb....it is because of this LIE, and 1700 years of hellish "church" history, that it is so hard to preach Christ and Him crucified to the Jews.

Thanks to this LIE, a Jew believes that to believe Jesus is the long awaited Messiah, Jews actually believe they can no longer be Jews, but must become "christians". turn their backs on Yahweh, and i can tell you in no uncertain terms, most observant Jews would rather DIE, and all too many "christians" in their inquistions and forced conversions have been all too eager to see this happen.

Rest assured, these children of darkness will have to answer before a wrathful God at the Judgement Seat....and answer they WILL.

and as it turns out, i agree with almost everything Bearmaster Blaine has spooled out in these two threads.i said nothing because i have no desire to spend time bandying words with tightly wound up religionists, who have not the courage or intimacy with God to query Him, in loving trust, but the safe and sure course to parrot mere men, which in the final analysis is idolatry. But what can one expect from romanist ground plowed up, generation after generation....its safe, it sure, and it means you'll fit right in, and be approved by other men, who dare not make waves...perfect example being Martin Luther, starting strong and annointed, taking on the roman institution, and finishing off with his sulfur stinking tretise entitled "On Jews and their Lies".

i'm not going to be in the business of handicapping somebodies chances of heaven or hell, but seeing that hitlers nazi lutheran church used "On Jews and thir lies" as a main tretise to buttress their murder of 6 million Jews, ill give Martin Luther a 50/50 chance.

Blaine, you speak out as the LORD leads, dont worry if your most popular kid in the church square. Better to have the crowd against you and the LORD with you any day of the week.

2013/1/7 2:07
jimp

Re:

hi, i received a great deal of wisdom and love by going to a messianic service every friday night for over a year. the bible was writen by jews(seed line) to jews until pauls writings. and most today do not understand or know the culture and beauty of the jewish people.i loved that time in my life.jimp

2013/1/7 10:01Profile

Re:

Brothers the gospel goes to the Jew first then to tbe Gentiles. Paul has clearly laid out In Romans 9 -11 that God has not abandoned Israel but is calling forth a remnant out of that nation as out of the nations of tbe world. Indeed he is building up that remnant of Jew and Gentile beluever into the one new man which us tbe church, his bride. But then that would be a discussion for a whole new thread.

As I have pondeted this topic and what each has brought to this thread I have wondered if perhaps we should not think more in terms of the word of God and not just the scriptures themselves. Now I believe the scriptures are the word of God. But the word of God seems to be far more encompassing. That being Jesus is the word of God. And his words are the word of God. Thus I ask again can Jesus being tbe word of God be separated from his words. They seemed to be intertwined.

In Revelation we read the saints were martyred for the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. Is this for tbe book only or him who is the word. Rich food here to chew in.

Also Phillip is bringing some fresh mana from his post. I am having to read them reflectively. Marvelous insights from God.

Bearmaster.

2013/1/7 10:25
brothagary

Re:

neil i was being light hearted a little sarcastic

there was no aragence what so ever in my heart , that would be only your usumption ,your are intitle to that

brother by all means tell me to go get a education ,but do it with the same light heartedness ,i wont take it the wrong way

brother all i ment was you are jewish ,,nothing else, you must believe that ,it was just a way of saying your are jewish , that i understand from previous posts ,,that is all tthere was to me saying that

why would i even concider to use paul statment about there is nether jew nor gentil ,it never crossed my mind ,it had absalutly nothing to do with why i said what i said ,,,brother that would be an ausumption againg

brother is no point in me talking about what you said after that ,,because i never said anything about a jew becomeing a gentile , i wasnt thinking in any way shape or form

brother are you saying im a wound up religenous,that has no itimacy with god ,,,,,,,brother if you saying that about me ,that would be yet another asumption ,,because brother in all gentelness ,,you dont know the mercy and grace the lord jesus has showen me ,,

i dont no why you would even concider me an iolarter ,would you explain how you come to this conlusion ,,

after all that is said ,,,i think the bible is verry clear that he has givern the body of christ teachers and pasters for the work of the ministery

can the foot say to the hand i have no need of you

god bless us

2013/1/7 19:17Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 3:22-29 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
Galatians 3:28

The apostle's design is to show the common right of believers, of every nation, condition, and sex, and to encourage the Gentiles, and demolish the pride, vanity, and boasting of the Jews, their men especially, who valued themselves upon these "three" very things which the apostle here makes no account of; as that they were Israelites and not Gentiles, freemen and not servants, men and not women; and in their public prayers they give thanks to God in this form,

"blessed be the Lord our God, the King of the world, that he hath made me an Israelite; blessed be the Lord, etc. who hath not made me a Gentile; blessed be the Lord, etc. who hath not made me a "servant"; blessed be the Lord, etc. who hath not made me a "woman";''

instead of which last the woman say,

"blessed be the Lord, etc. who hath made me as he pleased5:''

for ye are all one in Christ Jesus; being alike chosen in him, united to him, redeemed by his blood, justified by his righteousness, regenerated by his Spirit, the children of God by faith in him, and heirs of the same grace and glory, they make, both Jews and Gentiles, bond and free, male and female, as it were but one new man in him; one body, of which he is the head, one spiritual seed of Abraham and of Christ. end:

As man sees' I am an Oklahoman, an American, and Caucasian.

In Scripture, I am seen as a Gentile, a Heathen, or a Greek, possibly.

In the kingdom I am a son of God, a child of God, His offspring, an heir to the kingdom with Jesus Christ God's Son, I have Christ birthed in me by the Father, and I am now a seed of Abraham, "not as seeds" but the Seed, Jesus Christ the promise. I am a Christ person. I was first called a Christian in Antioch. Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

I am a Christ-one first to God and then by men all that my earthly birth contains. I read that in the dispersion there were many jews in Denmark of which my ancestors are from, I don't know if any of them were Jews or not, my last name means Peters-son or a son of Peter. But that does not matter, for now I am a Christ-one, simply a Christian.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/1/8 4:49Profile

brothagary

ok, i get ya...i understand......y'know this mode of communicating is fraught with all kinds of pitfalls.

you cant HEAR a person speak...i CANNOT LOOK into your heart.....we dont KNOW each other face to face......many many pitfalls.

the only reason i brought up Paul's, "neither Jew nor Gentile" reference is that its been zinged my way MORE than a few times, forgive my assumption, and please forgive any ill tone i might seem to use, or any accusations....because i really dont believe that about YOU...

when i start to get twiggy,is when folks tell me to "calm down"....or "why you so emotional?".....or, as you said,."take a deep breath"....ect....which i KNOW you didnt mean in offense......but these dark days, i DO get emotional, my heart is grieved on SO MANY levels, both personal, and looking at the state of the world, or at the state of the Body of Christ......

that said, i did not intend on being nasty,or insulting about ANY way you write....i understand you just fine, please forgive me for any insult or ill spoken word in that regard, as i esteem you and all men higher than myself.

walk with me for just a second, and look thru my eyes....here i am, not only born PHYSICALLY a Jew, but also as a child and young man raised in the Faith, in the synagogue, as a Jew.

Now, as i testify that Jesus is Messiah ALREADY COME, that His Blood cleanses US from all sin, and the Door to Yahweh has been opened by Jesus for Gentiles, to be considered Sons of Abraham, the man of Faith......do you realize that my own people, those of the tribe of my flesh......consider me a rip roaring apostate?....THEY dont even consider me a Jew....not that i would even CARE ONE WHIT, the opinion of fallen man, nor have any calling to GO BACK to the synagogue....even to do stealth 'evangelism"...God has not made that call on me.......nor has He called me into what can be termed a "messianic Jewish" synagogue (slash "church)......which is a half and half cultural construct in many ways, God bless the saints who worship in such an ekklesia.....i dont feel at "home" there either......so then we have the various denominations of the New Testament church.

MANY MANY denominations,each with their own particular "traditions", or "theologies"....."what we believe(s)"...etc.."some follow Calvin", "some follow Finney"....do you get me?....it's almost like a copy of a synagogue........man TRIES to institutionalize,and organize THE BODY OF CHRIST and unless you "yes and amen" the ABC's of the "what we believe(s) of the various denomonations....forget it.....either you keep your mouth shut, and "play along with", hide behind a pillar, or sit frozen in a pew....just a passive walking wallet, to drop a check into the offering plate, so some seminary trained , properly credentialed, "ordained" hireling ...i mean pastor, can give "HIS flock", a nicely prepared 3 point 27 to 45 minute long sermon to a group of passive listeners.....and i'm not even covering the once vibrant "mainline" denominations......i'll get to them in a second...i'm speaking now of what can be called "evangelicals"....those who traffic in "decisions"....."with all heads bowed, and every eye closed". etc......i do bless God for every sin laden soul that comes to Jesus....dont mistake me, but we've now got into a pro-forma, by the numbers "religion"...complete with its own vocabulary, "christianese", so that other members of the club both can identify each other, but also maintain "order" AND exclusivity........"evangelicals" also can serve "caesar" as well come election time, and they dont even NEED a 'church', when a high profile "parachurch" will do just as well....these are high profile media types, who go on constantly about "taking back America for Christ"...or "having a Biblical worldview"....to do that, they need equally loud, high profile targets.....such as the vaunted "homosexual agenda"....or the "liberal media bias".

(btw, its a dream relationship, because the "homosexual agenda" the "liberal media elite", the ACLU, love to be in the crosshairs of "dominionist christian reconstructionist" evangelical parachurches, because this "battle" ensures that both get the attention they crave, because "attention", equals publicity, equals 'coverage', which equals a constant stream of MONEY, whether it be thru donations, all tax deductible, it can be the small donor, driven to fear and angst by the constant prattle over the radio, TV or internet...or large donors, whose real motivation is commercial, business driven advantage given to those who get ACCESS to elected officials, or unelected perma-government types in the national security/ military state we live in....BIG money for the taking there, and dont think for a second these multi-media "parachurches" dont want to grab every penny they can lay their hands on, while easing their seared consciences with the delusion,they're doing it all for Jesus, because after all, we have to "take back america for Christ")

i stay as far as i possibly can get from this twisted enterprise.....just as i stay as far as i can from the once vibrant mainline protestant denominations, who believe in THEIR current delusions, that God is "okay" with ordaining homosexual clergy, "okay" with the spectacle that is called "high religion", yet is empty and devoid of the Holy Spirit.....but make sure you dress well for Sunday service, and please sign the petition out by the door calling for the denominations financial divestiture of any company that does business with Israel, because after all, the UN says "Zionism is racism".....and it is Israel that stands against any peace in the middle east.....dont we all know THAT?!?....and by the way, right next to the petition are invitations to Jim and John's upcoming "Life Commitment" ceremony, which will be led by pastor Barbara in the basement fellowship hall, with a potluck meal to follow this 'ceremony'.....ALL INVITED!!!

i'm sorry to go on like such, but as the LORD leads everything i wrote above, is true and happening now....much to my grief. oh course, in many aspects, i'm making generalizations. and not EVERY SINGLE church is either a rabid fleshly babylonian dominionist american imperial hell hole, nor a backslidden, sin soaked main line sham, but i know this, that right now in America, the church is in disarray....division.....scandal,....and for years has been regarded by outsiders as justa place where self righteous hypocrites go to hide on Sundays.

its that bad....just now as i was closing my eyes, praying what to write in conclusion, what we "can do", i had a vision of my bare back getting ready to recieve the scourge,that old roman whip, where they would imbed old pieces of metal and stone.....its what they opened Jesus' back with....it was just a 10 second vision.

Because i dont know what to say anymore, or do....EXCEPT what God Himself laid on my heart, have a 20 by 20 very simple wooden bldg put on my front pasture as a house of prayer, ask Jesus to Pastor these prayer meetings and to send other desperate, hungry followers of Messiah to be of one accord and JUST PRAY, until our desperate hunger is answered. God is not going to let this all go on much longer, the time grows short, and there are thousands of nuclear tipped missiles just waiting in their silo's, ready for release....it could all happen in the next five minutes, we've killed 40 million babies in this nation, you know their blood crys out to Him.

2013/1/8 7:45

Phillip

is this the first time you ever used Gill's commentary?

the prayer Gill chose to use, and referenced is from am ultra othrodox(haredi) siddur, siddur being a prayer book. non-canonical.

as far as i can tell, Gill was the only theologian to use this Haredi prayer to expound on that portion of Galatians.

i'm just wondering why YOU chose to use Gill's commentary complete with a prayer, i have never prayed in MY LIFE...or ever even heard of....some message you wish to convey?....as i've had Galatians 3:27-28 hurled at me many times.....do you believe i'm conferring on myself that i am above any one here, or more esteemed?

if so, you are sadly in error. but if you desire to "demolish the pride, vanity, and boasting of the Jews", as Gill wrote by quoting that obscure prayer, i have ten times the amount of degradations visited upon the Jews BY "christians" either via prayer or the "Oath More Judaico"...i'll just stick with the "Oath More Judaico", which is a LOT, and MAYBE, just maybe, you can get an idea WHY its so hard for a GENUINE Bible believing, Jesus filled Christian to witness the Gospel to a Jew:

Quote:
The Oath More Judaico or Jewish Oath was a special form of oath, accompanied by certain ceremonies and often intentionally humiliating or dangerous, that Jews were required to take in European courts of law until the 20th century. More Judaico is Latin for "on/by the Jewish custom."

There were, however, some older laws that prescribed certain practices intended to mock Jews in court. These examples illustrated the kinds of humiliating rituals that accompanied the taking of the oath:

Byzantine Empire, 10th century: the Jew would wear a girdle of thorns around his loins, stand in water, and swear by "Barase Baraa" (Bereshit Bara), so that if he spoke untruth, he would be swallowed by the earth just like Dathan and Abiram in Numbers 16:1–27.
Arles (c. 1150): a wreath of thorns would be hung on the swearer's neck, others would grovel at his knees, and a thorn branch five ells in length would be pulled "between his loins" while he swore and called down upon himself all the curses of the Torah.
Swabia (13th century): the Jew would stand on the hide of a sow or a bloody lamb.
Silesia (1422): the Jew would stand on a three-legged stool and have to pay a fine each time he fell, finally losing his case if he fell four times.
Dortmund: the Jew would be fined each time he halted in repeating the oath.
Vrbové, Hungary (1517): the Jew would stand barefooted and swear with his face turned to the east, holding the Pentateuch in his hand.
Breslau (c. 1455): the Jew would stand bareheaded and pronounce the name of Yahweh.

there's much more Philip.

2013/1/8 9:50

Re: Phillip

Brothers I think the thread has gotten off track. The original question was are tbe Scriptures sufficient for one's growth in Christ Jesus. Might I ask can one come to Bible with onky the Holy Spirit as his teacher and grow in tbe things of Christ?

Bearmaster

2013/1/8 12:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy