SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do we know what is gods judgement and what is not ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How do we know what is gods judgement and what is not ?

With judgement as I know in scripture with earthquakes or any earth disaster as global warming or climate change or massacre which is then used to push a toltalitarian state.
I just struggle as to what is gods judgement and what is not from a scriptural basis ?
If anyone answers this they would have to propose case with scriptural evidence to back up what they say

2012/12/31 17:54Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: How do we know what is gods judgement and what is not ?

Hi Delta. Deut 28: 1-14 speaks of Gods blessing on an obedient people. Then verse 15 on out speaks of curses and judgement for a disobedient people. Some of the signs of judgement in our nation have been evident for a long time.One example is verse 43-44."The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low. 44 He shall lend to thee and thou shalt not lend to him. He shall be the head and thou shalt be the tail.

I personally am not a 'judgement' cheerleader. I am not excited about it. I get more excited to see Gods blessings and favor on us instead.

Huge subject- small thought

Ruf

2012/12/31 18:55Profile

Re:

Hello Ruf,

I've been in I Kings 8 and 9 where Solomon has been building the temple. When finished, he stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation, and prayed to God. It is a powerful prayer and he asks for good things for the people and the nation. Then the Lord says to him (I Kings 9:3-9)that he will honor his prayers IF Solomon and the people obey his commands and statutes and judgments....

"But if you shall at all turn from following me, you or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them: Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all the people:
And at this house, which is high, every one that passes by it shall be astonished and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land and to this house? And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshiped them, and served them:
therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil."

I don't see where we can get away with anything Israel could not get away with. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. His Word is true. We reap what we sow. That is why as the church in this nation we must repent. There is a revival call tonight at 7:00 pm where many from sermonindex call to pray for repentance and revival in this nation. Join us if you can. Call is free if you have free long distance.
209-255-1000 code is: 109083#

2012/12/31 19:33

Re:

Hello Ruf,

I've been in I Kings 8 and 9 where Solomon has been building the temple. When finished, he stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation, and prayed to God. It is a powerful prayer and he asks for good things for the people and the nation. Then the Lord says to him (I Kings 9:3-9)that he will honor his prayers IF Solomon and the people obey his commands and statutes and judgments....

"But if you shall at all turn from following me, you or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them: Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all the people:
And at this house, which is high, every one that passes by it shall be astonished and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the Lord done thus unto this land and to this house? And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshiped them, and served them:
therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil."

I don't see where we can get away with anything Israel could not get away with. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. His Word is true. We reap what we sow. That is why as the church in this nation we must repent. There is a revival call tonight at 7:00 pm where many from sermonindex call to pray for repentance and revival in this nation. Join us if you can. Call is free if you have free long distance.
209-255-1000 code is: 109083#

2012/12/31 19:33

hi deltatom,
meant to address you and Ruf. Sorry about double post. Don't know how I did that!
Sister Leslie

2012/12/31 19:39
Matthew2323

Colorado

From a scriptural standpoint we know that not all natural disasters or clamaties come from the hand of God. We also see in the Bible that when God does exact judgment on an entity He communicates this in some fashion.

If you are in an area that you fear may be under God's judgment, I'd encourage you to gather some other believers and ask for God's confirmation and what He would want you do to next.

If you are simply curious about another region or entity that may be under divine judgment I suggest praying for them. Ask the Spirit to show you what and how to pray. While it may be entertaining to speculate what God is doing in someone else's life it's probably not the wisest use of your time especially if you are not intimately acquanited with the situation.

Grace and peace,
Matthew

2013/1/1 12:51Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!
Matthew 11:22 NKJV
But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.
Matthew 11:24 NKJV
But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you."
Matthew 12:36 NKJV
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
Matthew 12:41 NKJV
The men of Nineveh will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here.
Matthew 12:42 NKJV
The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.

Amos 4
1 Hear this word, you cows of Bashan, who are on the mountain of Samaria, Who oppress the poor, Who crush the needy, Who say to your husbands, "Bring wine, let us drink!" 2 The Lord God has sworn by His holiness: "Behold, the days shall come upon you When He will take you away with fishhooks, And your posterity with fishhooks. 3 You will go out through broken walls, Each one straight ahead of her, And you will be cast into Harmon," Says the Lord. 4 "Come to Bethel and transgress, At Gilgal multiply transgression; Bring your sacrifices every morning, Your tithes every three days. 5 Offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, Proclaim and announce the freewill offerings; For this you love, You children of Israel!" Says the Lord God. 6 "Also I gave you cleanness of teeth in all your cities. And lack of bread in all your places; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. 7 "I also withheld rain from you, When there were still three months to the harvest. I made it rain on one city, I withheld rain from another city. One part was rained upon, And where it did not rain the part withered. 8 So two or three cities wandered to another city to drink water, But they were not satisfied; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. 9 "I blasted you with blight and mildew. When your gardens increased, Your vineyards, Your fig trees, And your olive trees, The locust devoured them; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. 10 "I sent among you a plague after the manner of Egypt; Your young men I killed with a sword, Along with your captive horses; I made the stench of your camps come up into your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. 11 "I overthrew some of you, As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand plucked from the burning; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. 12 "Therefore thus will I do to you, O Israel; Because I will do this to you, Prepare to meet your God, O Israel!" 13 For behold, He who forms mountains, And creates the wind, Who declares to man what his thought is, And makes the morning darkness, Who treads the high places of the earth-- The Lord God of hosts is His name.
What I mean Is as a society we are so used to dismiss miracles , dismiss judgement
Such as passages we are so used to worldly definitions or to dismiss things
I struggle with it , we would dismiss miracles if we saw them because of theology, do we dismiss judgement and just state it is another disaster ,
If you read history books we see churches that were called to prayer even when plagues of locusts hit, the church got to its knees
I find it hard because we sometimes seem to hear from the newsroom and not the throne of god like Micah who prophesied ahabs death every other prophet was saying false things
We are so used to using worldly vocabulary such as divorce as adultery, if we say things are judgement
Would we even be so false to say when the witnesses in revelation or god himself is doing judgement on the earth we could dismiss it by the news we listen to
One thing I am not saying Is that god does not dismiss the agony of those going through suffering
If we can dismiss judgement can we dismiss miracles or any work that he does in this world as we are not deists we do not believe that he has wound the universe up like a watch and left it
Are we blind to see gods presence in this world

We are so used to dismissing things as we would have any other explanation rather than god as Christians
Would we dismiss a revival due to this type of reasoning

2013/1/1 23:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy