SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Wake Up, Wake Up Sleeping Virgins by Milton Green

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Wake Up, Wake Up Sleeping Virgins by Milton Green

"Everything God does, Satan attempts to counterfeit. For example, God has a river that flows out of his mouth. (which is the Word of God) that brings life and peace to all those who will receive it. On the other hand, Satan has a river which flows out of his mouth (which are his suggestions coming as thoughts to our flesh nature). When we receive the words of Satan and act upon them, they cause us to commit lawlessness which brings death. This is how we are carried away and destroyed by the flood of words that come from the mouth of Satan.

God's Words bring life and Satan's words bring death: "And the serpent cast out of his mouth water (words) as a flood after the woman that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood (of words). And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony [they speak the words of Jesus], and they loved not their lives unto the death" (Revelation 12:15, 11).

These are the wise virgins who act upon the Word of God. Satan can get no ground in their lives with his flood of words (temptations) because they lay down their lives and no longer love the flesh.

Jesus said, ... Every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it" (Matthew 7:26, 27).

Today is the day of the Lord. God's judgment has come upon the worldly church that is practicing lawlessness. We are now living in the beginning of this great destruction as hordes upon hordes of demons have been unleashed against Babylon, the harlot church today. The One who has restrained them is removing His hedge: "And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from My sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them" (Amos 9:3).

God is revealing to us now how the powers of darkness (who are the lawless ones) lead us into lawlessness and destruction. This is the reason the powers of darkness, who are sons of the devil, are called sons of destruction. Their whole purpose is to propagate rebellion to God's laws so they can kill, steal and destroy. For the day of the Lord "shall not come, except there come a falling away first (this has already happened) and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition (destruction). (which is the powers of darkness), who opposeth and exalteth himself [themselves] above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that HE [THEY] AS GOD SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD (which is our bodies), shewing himself [themselves] that he [they] is [are] God (by controlling our hearts and lives)" (2 Thess. 2:3, 4).

While a sleeping church waits for a physical temple to be built in Israel, they are blinded to the fact that they are a part of a spiritual falling away. The spiritual is taking place while they are waiting for the physical. The man of lawlessness, the son of destruction, has already led the Church into lawlessness and entered their temples. This is how Babylon is a dwelling place of demons. The powers of darkness are the abomination that enters the temple to make desolation in the last days. To have understanding about the mystery of lawlessness is simply to understand how the man of lawlessness (the powers of darkness) tempts and leads mankind to rebel against God's laws so he can destroy them.

The powers of darkness have used another Gospel, another Jesus, and doctrines of demons to bring about the great falling away and destruction of the church today. "O God, why hast thou cast us off forever? Why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture? Remember thy CONGREGATION, which thou has purchased of old: the rod of thine inheritance... Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy (the powers of darkness) hath done wickedly in the sanctuary. Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations (the lions roar because they have captured the meeting places); they set up their own ensigns for signs (doctrines of demons). A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees (the tree cutter, Satan, has cut down the congregation through the powers of darkness). They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled the dwelling place of thy name to the ground. THEY HAVE BURNED UP ALL THE SYNAGOGUES OF GOD IN THE LAND. We see not our signs (stumbling and staggering in spiritual darkness); there is no more any prophet; neither is there among us any that knoweth how long. O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? Shall the enemy blaspheme thy name forever?" (Psalm 74:1-5, 7-10).

The prophet Obadiah said: "For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee (blessings or curses of the law): thy reward shall return upon thine own head. But upon Mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob (the church) shall possess their possessions… and the house of Esau (the house of flesh) for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the Lord hath spoken it" (Obadiah 1:15, 17, 18).

Isaiah said "and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward His servants and HIS INDIGNATION toward His enemies. For behold, the Lord will come with fire… to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with the flames of fire. For by fire and by His sword will the Lord plead with all flesh; and the slain of the Lord shall be many" (Isaiah 66:14-16).

These Scriptures describe what the powers of darkness are doing today. This is the day of the Lord. "For the day of the Lord is at hand: for the Lord hath prepared a sacrifice, He hath bid His guests" (Zephaniah 1:7). His guests are the powers of darkness. He is lowering the hedge on a people who hate and reject His Word. The powers of darkness are executing the anger and indignation of God. These tree cutters have taken over the meeting places with doctrines of demons as they destroy worldly and backslidden congregations. Most of the sleeping church does not even know they are a dwelling place of demons. "And it hath set him on fire round about, yet be knew it not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart" (Isaiah 42:25).

In the book of Isaiah we read: "I have commanded My sanctified [set apart] ones, (and) I have also called My mighty ones (God's army of vengeance and destruction) for Mine anger" (Isaiah 13:3).

God's mighty ones are the army of darkness that God has unleashed against the false church. They execute God's wrath in vengeance for the lawlessness of the church. Just as God sent an evil spirit to Saul for transgressing His command, He is doing the same today (1 Sam. 15:22-24; 16:14, 15). Not one demon does anything without the permission of God.

Isaiah also wrote: "The noise of a multitude in the mountains… the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle. They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and THE WEAPONS OF HIS INDIGNATION, TO DESTROY THE WHOLE LAND" (Isaiah 13:4,5). This army is already surrounding Jerusalem (the church) today.

Isaiah added: "Howl ye: for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty. And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth (in birth pangs): they shall be amazed one at another (because they have been asleep); their faces shall be as flames. Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate (the powers of darkness are the abomination that makes desolate): and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible" (Isaiah 13:6, 8, 9, 11).

In the book of Matthew we find: "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world… the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just… and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath (spiritual) ears to hear, let him hear" (Matthew 13:40, 49, 41-43).

This day is upon us. The trumpet is blowing loud and clear. Those who have wise hearts will hear this warning. Those with foolish hearts will never wake up until it is too late. "Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is" (Ephesians 5:17). "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:2 1). The foolish virgins think they are doing the will of God. They don't even know the Lord. Their foundation will not stand in the day of the Lord's destruction.

The writer of Hebrews said: "See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him that speaketh from heaven: whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised, saying, YET ONCE MORE I SHAKE NOT THE EARTH ONLY, BUT ALSO HEAVEN... Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken.., that those things which cannot be shaken may remain" (Hebrews 12:25-27).

This shaking is the judgment God has promised in these last days. This judgment is the shaking of every foundation and is the (spiritual) earthquake of the last days. Everyone who is standing on a foundation that is not the Word of God will be removed and destroyed in this shaking. The powers of darkness will be able to destroy everyone whose foundation is sand, because they are transgressors of God's law. Only the wise virgins will survive the day of the Lord. They cannot be shaken because their foundation is the Word of God. They will be protected by God and shine forth as the sun.

The Word tells us: "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man (a wise virgin)" (Matt. 7:24). "And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and COULD NOT SHAKE IT, for it was founded upon the rock (Jesus)" (Luke 6:48b).

A remnant who cannot be shaken will survive this destruction. They will act upon the Word of God, not carnal doctrines. The foolish virgins who have the wrong foundation do not obey God's Word. They are asleep and walking in darkness. The trumpet is blowing but they will not receive any warning about judgment. They will only receive messages of "peace and safety" because of their false security."

2012/12/29 19:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy