SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What to do about the law and moral codes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

John,
'Methinks thou dost protest too much." :)on the tattoo decree as written in Leviticus 19:28

Psalm 119:65-72
"Do good to your servant according to your word, O LORD.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.
Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.
You are good and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.

Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.
Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.
It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."

The Word of God to Jesus and his disciples and Paul was the Torah, the 5 books of Moses and the Prophets, Psalms and other writings. Paul said that these scriptures were "inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right."

He was filled with the Holy Spirit and was aware that it was by faith we are saved not of our works lest any man should boast. He bore brand-marks and scars on his body from scourging, as did our Lord Jesus.
Leviticus 19:28 is still in the law. Tattoos and cutting one's body has nothing to do with holiness to the Lord. If you got one before you were saved, then that is under the blood. The man you mentioned overrode a demonic tattoo with word about Jesus. That is between him and the Lord. I see many beautiful young women desecrating their bodies with tattoos and cannot see any beauty or honor to God in that practice. I am not judging them, but it saddens me as a mother of daughters.
Don't want to go on about this. It just seems to be indicative that many don't read the Bible and ask God for themselves.
Lovingly,
In Christ,
lesmanto

2013/1/6 21:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy