SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I will “look to it” and seek thy face.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

I will “look to it” and seek thy face.

Daniel , no doubt, had often visited the throne of grace, and been a long trader in that duty; but god reserved the fuller manifestation of his love , and the opening of some secrets to him till he did, to ordinary prayer[4am], join extraordinary fasting and prayer. Then the commandment came forth, and a messenger form heaven was dispatched to acquaint him with God’s mind and heart, dan.9:3 compared with ver. 23. W.Gernal 315

“Samuel cried unto the Lord all night.” “Samuel cried unto the lord for Israel, and the Lord heard him.” “Moreover, as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you.” These great occasions show how this notable ruler of Israel mad prayer a habit, and that this was a notable and conspicuous characteristic of his dispensation. Prayer was no stranger exercise to Samuel. He was accustomed to it. He was in the habit of praying, knew the way to God, and received answers from god. Through Samuel and his praying God’s cause was brought out of its low, depressed condition, and a grant national revival began, of which David was one of its fruits. E.M.Bounds 169

It was a heroic speech of Luther, who foresaw a black cloud of God’s judgments coming over the head of Germany, but told some of his friends, “that he would do his best to keep it from falling in his days’ --yea, he believed it should not come—‘and’ said he,
When I am gone, let them that come after me look to it.’ W.Gurnal 310

The 4am hour, how wonderful, how blessed, for there is where one sees Jesus himself. Upon ones knees, in silent solitude, with ones face toward heaven, there the savoir stops to kiss his child. O dear people, it is Christ himself which we seek. O that God would rend the heaven and step down. No ordinary prayer shall secure this. What is needed is to “join extraordinary fasting and prayer” to this 4am hour. Just before the Welch revival in 1904 Evan Roberts was awake all night reading and praying about revive. It got to the point where his landlord had to ask him to leave.

I say unto all Revival, Revival, Revival, yes! But first there needs to be the man, a man of God, a man who is in agony over the situation of this prayerless, betrayed, and cheated generation. One who cannot sit in institutional religion without weeping and groaning until they ask him to leave or they join him in his lamenting over the church. One who is resisting temptation unto the shedding of blood. One who has not only entered lion country but has gotten close enough to the adversary to actually hear him roar!

God help me, but for this generation, I will be that man or die in the effort, and I care not what any man think and will have nothing to do with this false religion in all the churches of America. For my God is a holy God and I will worship Him with my face down prostrate until God moves and speaks to me. As for my house we will seek the Lord and his blessing. I will “look to it” and seek thy face.

Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in thy holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Ps24.

Christian Merlino
March 5, 2005

2005/3/5 7:17Profile
Christian

Washington DC

Re: I will “look to it” and seek thy face.

It was a heroic speech of Luther, who foresaw a black cloud of God’s judgments coming over the head of Germany, but told some of his friends, “that he would do his best to keep it from falling in his days’ --yea, he believed it should not come—‘and’ said he,
When I am gone, let them that come after me look to it.’ W.Gurnal 310

2005/6/10 14:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Christian[/b]

It brings a joy to my heart to see you here posting again. Bless you brother and please do participate more if the Holy Spirit constrains you. How desperately we need revival! And an Gurnall quote is always something worth thinking and meditating on.

2005/6/10 16:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy