SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Quiz: Many Christians 'not very Christian'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Quiz: Many Christians 'not very Christian'

An online quiz designed to score how well Christians live the teachings of Jesus has found that more than one in four believers admit they’re not very Christian.

The poll, made up of ten questions, was conducted by the Texas-based non-profit group Changing the Face of Christianity Inc.

“The results are disturbing, as one in four self-proclaimed Christians admit they rarely live the teachings of Jesus Christ,” said R. Brad White, the group’s founder.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/quiz-many-christians-not-very-christian/#zOOUdbibUipkpiI8.99

2012/12/27 0:09Profile

Re: Quiz: Many Christians 'not very Christian'

interesting.

2012/12/27 4:16
turn

USA

Not surprising...

In Matthew 13:49: So shall it be at the end of the age: the angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the righteous.

In the parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25), the church is described as 10 waiting for the bridegroom but only 5 have an enduring supply of oil in their lamps. Later, after the bridegroom has come, he says to the others: I know you not.

In Revelation 2-3, messages are sent for seven churches. In these churches, only some have an ear and only some will overcome.

Please consider also Matthew 7:22-23 from the Sermon on the Mount.

2012/12/27 8:35Profile
mguldner

Kansas

No offense but I took that test and its incredibly faulty. I didn't score bad or anything like that but it would be really easy to manipulate the results the "Christian" answer or what a "Good" christian would do is blantantly obvious. Not to mention this is a dangerous thing because if one does score well it take the focus off of God and on the individual thus making them incredibly prone to pride in their hearts.

I mean really only God can tell me "Good and faithful servant" no quiz is proof of that. Not to mention the quiz focuses on a works basiss things like how often do you pray, or how often do you read your bible, etc etc. God isn't going to look at that in the end.

You also have people on the fence about their Christian faith and feeling conviction to change something and then they could take this test and appease that conviction a bit longer with a "Good Christian" or "Spiritually Mature" grade on a 10 questions quiz.

2012/12/27 10:00Profile
Sree

I don't believe that Godliness can be tested by quiz. According to me Christlikenss in a person can be rated only by those who are close to the person like Spouse and Children. Spouse is the best person to answer. If a Christian has no respect for his Godliness from his/her spouse then his life is a lie, useless to God. It is not what we do in public make us Christian but what we do in our private life make us one. If Public life is only important then the Pharasees where the most Godly people compared to Jesus.

Also I do not believe that 3 out 4 lived by the words of Jesus. This is a huge number.

2012/12/27 10:20Profile
turn

USA

Please consider also Matthew 7:22-23 from the Sermon on the Mount.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:22-23)

"...The Lord knows those that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Timothy 2:19)

2012/12/27 10:31Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

So I took this test and like another mentioned I felt that it could easily be manipulated if one choose to. However when I took the test I decided that the first part of the quiz must be to begin by being honest. So I kept that in mind as I answered each question, knowing that what I choose must be with CHRIST in mind and not "sugar coat" my answers because it is what "I" think a good christian would say. By the end of the test when I read over my results I knew the test was flawed. I know the results it showed about me based on my personal answers were not accurate...I agree with another, no internet test is going to show me truth about my walk with HIM only HE can do that.

God bless
maryjane

2012/12/27 14:21Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I took the test. As MaryJane stated, I knew what to answer, but decided to answer honestly.

Looks like I scored pretty low. I am a "worldly Christian" based on this test.

Now that I got that over with, I am going to go get gas for my snowblower...

2012/12/27 15:12Profile

Re:

This test is as christian as the prosperity gospel.

It's all preformance based. That's not christianity.

Even Jesus would have failed that test.

Christianity is not about how great you are. It's about how we are totally helpless without God.

2012/12/27 16:18
jimp

Re:

dear codek, you are correct if you are a baby christian with little demonstration of the Lordship of Jesus in your life.as we walk in the spirit it is supposed to bring forth great love and good works.this is what faith is all about.we are the problem in the church if we are not showing humility and kindness andjoy and love .this is what we say ;but not what we do.we are in the minds of those in the world as phonies that are all talk and no walk.jimp

2012/12/27 16:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy