SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Systematic Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother Narrow. Is that book tbe B.I.B.L.E. Believers Instructions Before Leaving Earth. :).

Bear.

2012/12/30 12:48
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

There is no denying that sound doctrine is essential. After all, if we are teaching error, there will certainly be consequences.

False doctrine is a two-edged sword: it leads individuals from the way of truth and, worse yet, when the faithful see doctrinal error being promoted and accepted, they tend to rally behind bellicose heresy-hunters, who historically have done far more damage than the heretics themselves.

The gnostic heresies of the Orphites and Sethians may have led to the shipwreck of many souls in the early centuries of the church, but their doctrine is forgotten now, but the angry dogmatism and mental tyranny of Irenaeus and Tertullian are with us to this day. Tertullian may have done a good job destroying Valentinius, but the root of bitterness that he introduced to the church has been at least as destructive as anything Valentinius could have come up with.

Having said that, it is true that, in a sense, we are all systematic theologians, and rightly so. As Blake said, "I must create a System or be enslav'd by another man's. I will not reason & compare; my business is to create."

2012/12/30 12:50Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Yeah! And I am sure you know my private teacher too, dear brother Bearmaster.

2012/12/30 13:22Profile

Re:

Indeed, my brother Narrow I do know him. Much blessing be on you my brother.

Bear.

2012/12/30 15:11
brothagary

Re:

i dont know bare master ,,how much have you lisstend to piper and sproll,,,,,iv been on my face weeping after listeing to piper ,,,paull washer claims to have had life changing experence wile read one of sprouls

there is much power and spirit in both ,,,

sermon index would not have arkived sermons ,or pipers sermons on the top of there page , if it was with out power

maby your geting a littele biast with your preconceptions

piper did a sermon on scripture memory video

and like keith daniels ,for over half and hour resited scripture in the spirit ,,the power will drive you down to your nees
do your self a favour and watch brother gary

2012/12/30 16:48Profile
brothagary

Re:

piper if my word abides in you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxiOzEoTFfY tell me this man does not love the word of god

2012/12/30 18:24Profile
therick2018

Re:

bearmaster said " The churches that are experiencing revival are those whose only source us the word. And that be Jesus. I speak if revival in China, Iran, Egypt, etc."

Brother, praise the Lord for every instance of genuine revival. I recently read a book by Iain Murray, titled "Revival and Revivalism". He speaks about how there was much God sent revival in the American colonies well before the so called 2nd great awakening. Many of the congregations/pastors who prayed for and experienced, God sent revival, not man made, were those who believed in the importance of knowing and studying biblical theology. The revivals did not make them want to throw away truth but rather to hold to it dearly and know even more. As time progressed in america many began to question many doctrines of the Gospel and much error and hurt came into the church. Revival then became much more centered on man and the flesh, because much truth was denied and the Holy Spirit was quenched and grieved and much of it was done in the flesh. It really is a helpful book. How can a true biblical understanding of Scripture/theology kill the Spirit when that is one of His ministries? Good theology is not putting the opinions of man above the Word of God, rather it is laboring to come to the right understanding of the Word of God. And yes we must be indwelled by the Holy Spirit to accomplish this. But God also expects us to study, to think, we are made in His image, we have minds and reason, He has appointed teachers, and instructors. Jesus taught, Paul and the Apostles taught, the prophets taught.

There are many who dislike theology but claim to be taught by the Holy Spirit, but yet even among these people they believe different things, things which are contrary to each other. Both claim to believe the Bible, both claim to be filled with the Spirit, but somethings clearly wrong,,,,

It is also true that knowledge can puff a person up with pride. I'm guilty of this; i fear the problem is not the doctrine, but my own self,,,,, . Certainly good theology is not an end in itself, but is always to point the believer to the lovely Savior Christ Himself!

2012/12/30 19:40Profile
therick2018

Re:

sorry

2012/12/30 19:50Profile
proudpapa

Systematic Theology

Right Theology and right doctrines can easily become an idol for us and can turn us from the truth as easily as any other idol.

Right theology has became the great dividing sword of Christianity

Look at history, Look at Augustine look at The Catholic inquisitors look at the Reformers look at the council of Dort look at the Boston Puritans of the late 1600s when they put their faith in their right theology and doctrines, they than felt justified to react in ways to those whom slightly differed from them that I do not find at all is justified within the New Testament.

Look at how many are filled with Pride and feel justified today in the slander of past revivles and revivle preachers such as Finney, just because they have disagreements in slight differences in doctrine and theology

Many today say Finney taught doctrines of Deviles that he was a wolf in sheeps clothing that he had a demon, not because of any bizzar sinful act that he committed but for no other reason than that his theology differed from their own.

" In the beginning, Christians understood that the essence of Christianity was an obedient love-faith relationship with Jesus Christ. This was not just any relationship, but a relationship that produced genuine kingdom fruit.

But then something happened: Theologians took over the church. Once they did, the emphasis soon changed from godly fruit to "orthodox" theology. Christianity became Doctrianity. it's time to let Jesus speak through the pages of the Gospels without filtering His teachings through denials and mental gymnastics of the theologians, their books, and their commentaries." It's time for the children of the kingdom to stand up for Jesus and the gospel that He preached - and it's time for the theologians to sit down"
http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/more-theologians.html

2012/12/30 20:20Profile
therick2018

Re: Systematic Theology

proudpapa said "Many today say Finney taught doctrines of Deviles that he was a wolf in sheeps clothing that he had a demon, not because of any bizzar sinful act that he committed but for no other reason than that his theology differed from their own."

Sir surely it is a great sin to preach wrong doctrine. Guess it's not worth it to get into an argument about Finney. Nonetheless it is not a slight thing to be a false teacher. Paul said woe is me if I do not preach the Gospel. He told Timothy to watch what he taught very closely. There are many loving warnings by God to be on guard for false prophets and teachers.

Those who may have a correct theology on paper, yet live ungodly things and walk in darkness are in the wrong. You gave some examples of this. However, where does the blame lie? It lies on the people, not the doctrine. We can't throw out the baby with the bath water. The Pharisees had the very oracles of God yet they were haters of God. But it wasn't the Word's fault, it was their fault.

Mr. Bercot, whether he likes it or not is a theologian of some sort.

2012/12/30 20:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy