SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : God's Power Is Available To His People

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

God's Power Is Available To His People

God has made his power available to his people. But, we have to learn how to tap into it. Because, just because the power is there does not mean it's going to do anything. Just like the power or electricity in your home just because it's there doesn't mean it's going to do anything. You can come in one night with the lights off and sit down in the dark and all the power you need is right there and it's up to you to access it. No one would call the power company just because the lights were off because they understand that the power is there it just has to be accessed or tapped into. And that's what I want to talk about, accessing God's power. There are at least 3 ways of accessing God's power- by faith, by authority, and by seed. By faith, there is a account of a woman in the Bible that had an issue of blood for 12 years. And one day she heard about Jesus and she said, "If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole." And one day here came Jesus(the power source) walking by and she came in the press behind and touched his clothes and power flowed out of him and into her. And Jesus said, "Daughter your faith has made you whole", she knew how to tap into that power that was on Jesus. And Jesus said it was her faith that did it.

Also by authority, Jesus said in John 14:12-14, that whatever you asked in his name he would do it. That word asked is translated as authority. So Jesus gave you his authority to use and by that authority things would be done in the earth through you by using his authority so that even though he went back to the father he could work through you. Jesus said in John 14:10, that he spoke the words and the father in him or the Holy Spirit did the works. Now let's take a look at that in Acts 3, Peter and John was going into the temple and there was a crippled man that laid at the temple gates and when Peter saw him he said to the man, "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name(or authority) of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." And he took the man by the hand and lifted him up and immediately his feet and ankles bones received strength. And the man leaped up and started walking and praising God. But, notice what and who Peter said did it, and his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong(verse 16). And again in Acts 4:10 Peter said, "Be it known unto, and to all the people of Isreal, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Notice Peter used that name(authority) and Jesus did the work through him and he can do the work through you.

And third by seed, the word of God is seed (Luke 8:11). And according to Hebrews 4:12, it is quick(alive) and powerful. But Romans 1:16 takes it even higher and says it is the power of God. God gave you his word as a seed with his power in it, now what are you going to do with it. A seed with all it's ability only produces when it is sown. So how do you sow the word, with your mouth. Romans 10:8 says, "But what saith it? the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is the word of faith, which we preach." Notice it is also the word of faith because it takes faith to access the power. So you take the word and speak it into your heart and you continue to speak it until that seed takes root and grows up in you. Because speaking the word is also watering the seed (1Corinthians 3:6). And just like a seed has to be planted it also has to be watered. And God word is the water that causes it to grow (Isaiah 55:10,11). And when it grows up in you it will come out of your mouth and work for you. That's why Jesus said, "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. And a good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things." Notice the seeds you sow and water are going to produce something. And also if you notice all 3 ways takes words of faith to operate. I hope this article has been a help to you, God Bless.

2012/12/24 22:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy