SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Not sure what to title this post...but here is my heart this morning

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Not sure what to title this post...but here is my heart this morning

I am really struggling this year to find any peace or joy. As I read the headlines, local and world there just seems to be so much hate in the world. I know people want to blame guns, movies, games, and such and they do play there part I am sure but on some level I think it must go deeper then that. People are so angry and there just seems to be this energy of bitterness, anger, and even hate that is out there. I notice even in every day situation people seem impatient with one another, and quick to anger...I am sure this is the enemy at work. As the days seem to grow darker and there seems to be such an acceptance of sin in the world I think my real struggle comes in that I long for JESUS and more of HIM! I long to see HIM lifted up and glorified among men! I long for HIS precious love to be shared with many and for the lost to cry out in repentance!! I just keep praying that "HIS will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!!!

If you feel led and desire these things too I hope you will join me in prayer as we bring 2012 to a close that JESUS reign in the hearts of men and many will find the narrow path!

God bless
maryjane

2012/12/24 10:24Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Not sure what to title this post...but here is my heart this morning

MaryJane,

I share your struggles and your desires for Jesus Christ to have His rightful place in the hearts of men. I join you in prayer and I believe that it is important that we encourage one another towards this end.

As I read the familiar Christmas story from Luke chapter 2 last week I was reminded of the prophecy of Isaiah 9 that tells us "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given..." As we remember the precious gift we've been given let it stir our hearts to give and be given for the purposes of Christ and for the lost souls around us.

The bad news is going to continue to come, the wicked will wax worse and worse; and as these things happen the temptation towards self-preservation will be strong, but if we choose to give instead of grasp at this time I believe we will see God move like we've never seen before.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/12/24 10:40Profile

Re:

MaryJane fill your mind and heart with tbe good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Fill yourself with tbe words of Jesus. Stay away from the bad news. Get Jesus and his word into you.. Then joy and and peace will flood your heart.

I find an hour in the New Testament does more good than an hour of Fox news. Even Revelation is mire encouraging. Dear sister will pray you get peace and joy through the words of Jesus.

Bear.

2012/12/24 11:21
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I am really struggling this year to find any peace or joy. As I read the headlines, local and world there just seems to be so much hate in the world.

Sister these are hard times and will get harder for the true elect. We must not go in with the flow of the world system and its ways but hold to the true faith of Jesus Christ. And as you said we need to be ruthless to ensure we are spending time with our Lord and trying to still ourselves amongst the noise to hear His voice and sense His peace.

I highly recommend these short devotional books to help in your daily walk with the Lord:

read online for free:
http://gospelforasia-books.org/books/#.UNiRT6WrEXd

purchase:
http://www.gfa.org/store/journey-with-jesus/

2012/12/24 12:31Profile

Re: Not sure what to title this post...but here is my heart this morning

Hey sister. I am afraid part of this may be a particular burden The Lord has laid upon you. In these days when so many seem to be so blind to the spiritual state and slide of Christianity, The Lord lays upon the hearts of some oh His children the burden of the age. Out of the depths of this burden is born prayers and intercession from a depth that can only come from seeing and sensing what many cannot. Stay close to The Lord and keeping loving the world, for we know how greatly God loved the world , and we will celebrate tomorrow the results of that great love...........bro Frank

2012/12/24 13:03
brothagary

Re:

amen frank ,,this may be a burnden and brokeness he is working in you sister ,,,,jesus was a man of sorrows aquainted with grief ,,,paull was weighed down with sorrow for his country men ,,,,im going to fast and pray itemintently for the next 2 and a half weeks ,and go back to fellowship with a small christan brethern group ,

i defently feel god is leding to do this now and through the coming weeks ,,,,please pray for strenght for all of us and me as well

and for faith to beleieve that we will recieve ,what we have all been asking for for years

bless you all bretherrn

2012/12/25 7:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy