SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting a Result of God Allowing Judgment to Fall on America

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

TMK! I beg to differ. A legislation would over time, change peoples attitude towards guns. Begin with making it illegal to own a gun without license.Then you should make it illegal as well for a regular citizen who has a license to own military-like-weapon (one might wonder what use a regular citizen have of a machine gun; is it war in the neighbourhood??) .

I saw on the news recently that all you needed to in US if you were interested in guns was to walk into a gun store and buy dozens of weapons (all according to taste).

Even if legislation would not remove all guns from the households and the communities (which I do agree is impossible given the history of US) it would surely show some people what is righteous on this matter. As Christians a prohibition would not be a problem since our Lord and saviour was himself no man of violence and without doubt would not look kindly on so called brothers who is preoccupied with defending the right for citizens to carry weapons.

In perspective in Sweden it is illegal even to carry a pocket knife on public places let alone any gun.

Sincerely Magnus

2012/12/20 11:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hi Mangan--

I refer you to this thread:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=47786&forum=48&2

2012/12/20 13:17Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Without wanting to trivialise this issue I want to share something that happened today.

I was in a store with my wife buying some things for Christmas, one of which was a box of Christmas crackers. (Not sure if you have these in the USA, but the paper and card tubes with a little strip of card that when you pull them it gives a small 'crack'). Well at the self service till when we scanned the item through, an alarm flagged up the need for an assistant to come and check as it was a restricted item. They needed to check we were old enough to buy these crackers.. you have to be older than 16 (years, not months) to purchase crackers it seems. Being in our 50s we passed the test!

I was amazed and could not get over the irony that here there was a restriction on purchasing a harmless item such as a Cristmas cracker, while in the USA they are debating if you can restrict the purchase of semi-automatic assult weapons! It's a crazy mixed up world!

2012/12/20 14:23Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: James Dobson: Connecticut Shooting a Result of God Allowing Judgment to Fall on A

No wonder the world is turned off to God when men in leadership make stupid statements like this in the public forum.

Ruf

2012/12/21 8:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
rufnrust....No wonder the world is turned off to God when men in leadership make stupid statements like this in the public forum.
Ruf

The reason "some" Pastors and Christians alike make statements like this is, they can't be God and cause the wrath to happen they wish, so they push an opinion, to satisfy the minds of their followers, and their own sick minds. Life and death are in the power of the tongue,God did not cause the Connecticut Shooting, it was the evil one.

1 Pet 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

2012/12/21 9:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy