SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Steve Hill: The Spiritual Avalanche That Could Kill Millions

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Steve Hill: The Spiritual Avalanche That Could Kill Millions

This is coming to you from a man who has just passed through the valley of the shadow of death. Since my close call with eternity just a short while ago ... everything has become clearer. I can hear His whisper. Unabated obedience has become my mandate. That is why I'm writing this word from the Lord.

A few days ago, after enjoying quality time with Jesus, I was surprised by an alarming vision. I saw a massive, majestic mountain covered in glistening snow. It reminded me of the Matterhorn in the Swiss Alps. Its peaks were sparkling white and I was amazed by God's attention to detail. It was so realistic I wanted to go skiing! But I sensed that there was more that the Holy Spirit was about to reveal. As I closed my eyes, I was in a winter wonderland bustling with thousands of vacationers. The ski lodge, condos, hotels and cabins were at full capacity at this popular resort.

Day quickly turned to night as the skiers, snowboarders and sports enthusiasts were settling in. Anticipation grew as the snow began to fall. Everyone headed to bed believing tomorrow would be a day of sheer enjoyment on freshly covered slopes. For an avid skier, the exhilaration of being the first one to race down a new blanket of snow is a dream come true.

Throughout the night, winter storms dropped several feet of new snow on the slopes. The night ski patrol was put on full alert. Their mission was clear. With the potential of killer avalanches they took to their posts.

I began to weep as the vision continued to unfold along with its spiritual application.

The ski patrol operated like a well-trained platoon. Some boarded helicopters manned with small bombs, others jumped on snowmobiles loaded with hand held explosive devices. What seemed to be a strategic group of sharpshooters were stationed at the base maneuvering anti-tank weapons aimed at the snow covered peaks. They fired their weapons at strategic points in the "avalanche zone" to force avalanches before the snow accumulated to a life-threatening depth. Left unchecked, the accumulation of heavy, dense snow packed on top of lighter snow could easily slide down with incredible speed and force, resulting in enormous damage and loss of life.

The Lord began to speak. I trembled. The fresh, new snow represented the false teaching that is steadily falling on the ears of the body of Christ. It has been, and is, a heavy snowfall. The skiers represented believers and non-believers, trusting the resort for a safe and memorable experience. As Christians, we have been warned to be sober and vigilant (1 Peter 5:8). However, the present, awe-inspiring teachings have lulled many into a deeper sleep.

The layers upon layers of snow have been steadily covering the solid traditional truth of Christ. The truth is that foolish teaching in these days will become so fashionable even the most dedicated believer could become deceived (Matt. 24:24). It's happening before our eyes. One spiritual leaders said the other day: "You guys are old-fashioned 'holiness,' we are modern day 'grace.' You live in bondage while we can do anything we want.

Pastors and teachers worldwide have succumbed to heretical teachings including universal reconciliation, deification of man, challenging the validity of the Word of God including His judgements, and even lifting any boundaries, claiming His amazing grace is actually "amazing freedom." You are free to live according to your own desires. Sound familiar? "They had no king and did what was right in their own eyes" (Judges 17:6). These popular self-proclaimed ministers of the gospel are covering the "slopes" and will be held accountable for the spiritual death of millions.

Just as the ski patrol did in this vision, those who are aware of what's happening must take swift and accurate action. Their weapons of warfare must be aimed at the peaks and the 'avalanche terrain' to dispel the lies. Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers must be willing to drop spiritual bombs, fire anti-heresy missiles, and even drive into the danger zones armed with explosive truth to confront this potential avalanche. The generals of this generation must leave the war room and put their years of experience on the front lines.

Friend, I humbly encourage you to heed this vision and take it before the Lord. I've written it just as it was given. My responsibility is to share with the body of Christ His words to me. The ears that hear and the hands that obey are out of my control. This is not just Steve Hill telling a story. Most of what the Lord shares with me is personal and remains in my heart. But I sincerely believe that this is a warning for this hour.

Satan is "snowing the saints" but it can be stopped. In the vision I heard explosions. I saw dedicated Christian soldiers scrambling to do anything it took to bring down this avalanche before devastation occurred. One of the most powerful weapons we possess to combat this onslaught is the tongue. Let God set yours ablaze by preaching ALL the words in RED. If we take action now the result will be a tearing down of false teaching and a remaining layer of solid, God given, biblical instruction that will save the lost, heal the sick and strengthen Christians to do the true work of the ministry.

from: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/34894-steve-hill-the-spiritual-avalanche-that-could-kill-millions

2012/12/13 7:54Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Steve Hill: The Spiritual Avalanche That Could Kill Millions

My first thought(s) on this is really what am I supposed to do with this? I have heard and read other messages similar to this but with different packaging. I often wonder if this is really a God inspired message told through a human being because I find so many of these message the same just in different packaging. It causes me to be very weary inside. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

I suppose in once sense I see messages such as this as trendy and attempt to get the AMEN corner hooting and hollering in agreement. Kind of like someone telling you that their pastor 'PREACHES THE TRUTH'.

Maybe I am messaged out heart/soul when it comes to this because it just seems as if I have heard it all before and it is usually taking place in more pentecostal type of atmosphere. When I see the link it reflect charismatic which is essentially the same thing.

Am I wrong in my thinking? Is my weariness and my tiredness of it wrong?

John

2012/12/13 8:41Profile
MaryJane

Re:

John

Greetings John

I don't think you are wrong for sharing what your feeling, but if I may, I just want to set the article aside and just encourage you to keep pressing in to JESUS. There are a lot of distractions in this world and the enemy will use what devices he can to draw us away from CHRIST. I don't know all of your back ground, I know you shared that you struggle with some things because of past hurts with those who you one time had fellowship with. I have notice that in some of your posts you seem to be really skeptical and maybe struggle with some hardness of heart. People can and do let us down all the time, even those who profess to love the LORD can fail us at times. This is why it is so important to place all of our hopes and faith in CHRIST, HE will never fail us. People are flawed but CHRIST is not, we are all on this journey together and none of us has it all together, the very best we can do is look to HIM, submit ourselves to HIM, and seek to obey what HE calls us to each day. I don't know what that will look like for you today, but I want to encourage you in your weariness to close out the world, focus on JESUS only, listen to HIM alone. HE will clear away the doubts, the skeptical heart and any other attitudes that might be lingering.

I hope I am not putting you on the spot with my reply. I just felt so moved to respond to your post as I have been praying for you and will continue to. I hope what I have said will encourage you to press in to JESUS.

God bless you John
mj

2012/12/13 9:21Profile

Re:

Quote:

No brother, both Paul and John instructs us to try everything.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

When I read things like this, (which sounds like something out of Rick Joyners book entitled "The Vision") I've stopped getting all excited. I've done that in my youth and now that I am older I wonder how foolish that youth was. None of the things that I got excited over hardly ever occurred. David Wilkerson's book entitled the "Vision" was something totally different.

I think when John tells us try the spirits to see if they are God, he may be instructing us to see if the person who is prophesying has a good track record and not too sensational, questioning to see what kind of footing they have under them.

However, in saying all that. We should not discount Steve Hill's message. This could be the genuine article and we should just read it, take note of it, pray about it and hope to God we are ready for what comes our way, IF it comes our way.

Let me say this though. We are living in a time that anyone can prophesy anything bad and it can be believable because our minds are set in that mode that everything has to get bad before anything good will come. We have to be extra careful of this because the Lord still is telling us through Paul saying; brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Believe me it's not easy.

2012/12/13 9:55

Re:

Quote:
The fresh, new snow represented the false teaching

I am having a hard time with this line. Isn't snow represented for purity?

The closest thing in the bible for a possible interpretation is in Proverbs.

Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

If we use what Steve Hill said, it could be written this way,

She is not afraid of false teaching for her household: for all her household are clothed with the Blood.

I am not putting my stamp of approval on this guys, I am doing what anyone else would do, prove.

2012/12/13 10:09
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Steve is spot on. The Lord has been speaking this to our leadership and many others as well.

DEADn stated

Quote:
My first thought(s) on this is really what am I supposed to do with this? I have heard and read other messages similar to this but with different packaging. I often wonder if this is really a God inspired message told through a human being because I find so many of these message the same just in different packaging. It causes me to be very weary inside. Am I wrong in thinking this way

Brother the reason you have heard this a number of times through various imagery and "packaging" is because The Holy Spirit is speaking this message in this hour. Many who are gifted in this particular area are hearing it. It comes through them in, "different packaging", or imagery if you will. However, as you pointed out the core message is the same. The reason The Lord keeps speaking it, and so many are hearing and sharing it, is because it's VITALLY CRITICAL that we hear, understand, and apply this message. It is because of His mercy and grace that you are hearing it again and again. He does not want us to miss His message so He is repeating it over and over. He is using a variety of imageries so that the maximum number of people will hear, understand, and respond according to His will.

I have had three couples in our church who were quiet recently born again come to me sharing the same thing. They knew very little about hearing from God... they were new christians. However, they are His sheep and although young they knew His voice and came to see if they were correct. I have been seeing the same thing prophetically and it is all confirmation of The Holy Spirit's moving. God is preparing His people for what is coming. When He is repeating the message again and again it is because it is vitally important that we not miss it.

Peace and Blessings!

2012/12/13 10:16Profile

Quote:
Pastors and teachers worldwide have succumbed to heretical teachings including universal reconciliation, deification of man, challenging the validity of the Word of God including His judgements, and even lifting any boundaries, claiming His amazing grace is actually "amazing freedom." You are free to live according to your own desires. Sound familiar? "They had no king and did what was right in their own eyes" (Judges 17:6). These popular self-proclaimed ministers of the gospel are covering the "slopes" and will be held accountable for the spiritual death of millions. Steve Hill.

Quote:
Just as the ski patrol did in this vision, those who are aware of what's happening must take swift and accurate action. Their weapons of warfare must be aimed at the peaks and the 'avalanche terrain' to dispel the lies. Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers must be willing to drop spiritual bombs, fire anti-heresy missiles, and even drive into the danger zones armed with explosive truth to confront this potential avalanche. The generals of this generation must leave the war room and put their years of experience on the front lines. Steve Hill.

This is really good. Two messages one voice even the Lord.

2012/12/13 11:35

Re:

Frankly I am just a wee bit confused. I thought the firestorm of last week was to discourage this forum from going on a witch hunt and speaking out against heresy. Now I am hearing we.need to speak out against false teaching based on the vision of Steve Hill

Would it not be simpler to preach Christ crucified and encourage the saints to be built up in his word? Then error could be avoided.
When I began my walk with Christ. I was taught that US treasury agents detect counterfeit bills by studying tbe real bill. While not knowing if this is correct. It does teach a spiritual lesson. If we focus more on the reality of Jesus. It will become apparent who the phonies are.

Bear standing down.

2012/12/13 12:14

Quote:
Frankly I am just a wee bit confused. I thought the firestorm of last week was to discourage this forum from going on a witch hunt and speaking out against hesy. Now I am hearing.we need to speak out against false teaching based on the vision of Steve Hill. Blaine.

Brother I think this word from Mr Hill is accurate enough. The injunction isn't to come on SI and rebuke false teaching etc, it is to exercise God' calling in our lives where we live and where we are called to go to and then send of a few anti-heretical missiles. Speaking personally this article witnessed to me very deeply. Neither did I go off to see who Mr Hill was before I posted. I did that straight afterwards though.

2012/12/13 12:26

Re:

Quote:
The closest thing in the bible for a possible interpretation is in Proverbs.

Proverbs 31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

If we use what Steve Hill said, it could be written this way,

She is not afraid of false teaching for her household: for all her household are clothed with the Blood.

I am not putting my stamp of approval on this guys, I am doing what anyone else would do, prove. approved.

(It will be received)

Come now, and let us reason together, saith Jehovah: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18 ASV

Snow is representative of the washing of the blood of Christ. Snow is the outcome of being washed in the blood. What happens though when someone who is washed presents false teaching of the kind Mr Hill spoke about? We see the snow and we think everything is ok because we are expecting snow. What we don't expect is the avalanche which follows. Many are gathering on the hills and the high places declaring the things of the Lord and leading many astray and profaning the Lord because what is being declared from the mountain top is not that which was preached by the prophets and the apostles but it is "new" snow.

2012/12/13 13:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy