Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A Truce in the Chore Wars

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

A Truce in the Chore Wars

"Makers of big household cleaning products are keeping close tabs on an important behavioral change inside American homes—the slow but steady reapportioning of domestic chores, as more men wash dishes, mop floors and do laundry.

Wives, in theory, should rejoice. But after generations of grumbling about doing the lion's share of housework, many find it hard to stop micromanaging."

full story: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/truce-chore-wars-233900135.html

2012/12/9 15:30Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: A Truce in the Chore Wars, a savage attack in the war against God

"Gender roles fall away when they no longer make sense."

Make sense, to who?

Maybe what they mean is gender roles don't make dollar sense anymore? Dollars and cents.

I was listening to one of the pundits talk this morning about the Supreme court taking up the case of same-sex marriage in California and, while he wasn't sure how the current court would rule, he was certain that future courts would overturn any ban in place and make it the law of the land.

His reason?

The youth. He was certain that the young people going to school today that would be the future lawyers and judges and Supreme court justices of America would have no part in what he and the other commentators called 'marriage inequality', an appearntly newly crafted media buzzword loaded with bias and meant to prejudice viewers against opposing gay marriage by painting opposition to it as bigotry and those who oppose it as bigots.

The humanist social engineers seem to be working overtime to make their dream world come true and to radically reshape society into their ideal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the media seems to be more and more awash in heroic images of women. The same 30 minutes of political gossip that I mentioned earlier ran a short segment on Hilary Clinton in connection with the possiblity of her running for President in 2016, which, except for lacking a 100 voice orchestra and choir could have been characterised as praise & worship song, dedicated to the Secretary of State.

Really, is she all that special?

Of course she isn't. No one is. But it perpetuated that low onerous droning sound thats been emminating from the media like the constant ohm in a tibetan monastery for several years now. One that seems to be having an 'enlightening effect' on the minds of alot of people.

In today's society, women can do all sorts of things: including punch you in the face. UFC president Dana White was recently quoted in an online article for yahoo sports about the addition of the female fighter Ronda Rousey to the UFC. He said of the fighter

"regardless of what you think of her personality or what you think about her, she's a mean, nasty fighter, she likes to finish people, and that's what I look for, and that's what I care about."

Of course there is nothig wrong with women achieving things. I'm not the least bit intimidated that a woman can jump a hurdle higher than me. Can run a mile faster than me. Or can even run a buisness better than me.

So what?

But what does any of that have to do with what is best? Pragmatisim has never been the wellspring for the ideal.
But that's America's problem now: we have no source for our ideals but a notion of freedom entirely seprated from the reality of the existence of God. and our responsiblity to Him first and foremost.

And yet, the humanist social engineers seem to want everyone to believe that its good if it works, or more to the point, its good, if it works FOR YOU.

So lets take them at their game. How's the obliteration of all the old social norms and centuries old accepted roles for men and women in American society, hows that working, for YOU?

According to a 2004 CDC health survey, 25% of Americans reported having a mental illness in the year prior. And according to a WebMD article from the same year, a WHO study found that the US had the highest rates of mental illness in the World, at 27%.

Are we so happy?

Well now maybe it isn't fair to imply that social norms about the roles of men and women in family life have a direct impact on mental health, how about the enducation of children?

In 2009 international standardized testing, students from the US ranked 17th on the PSIA overall reading scale. They ranked in the 'statistically significantly below average' column on the mathematics scale, trailing countries like Estonia, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Hungary, & the Czech Republic. On the science scale the US was again bested by counties like Hungary, Liechtenstein, & Slovenia.

Are we so well educated?

Well now who's to say that single parent homes, or homes with two fathers instead of one mother or homes where Dad does the laundry and Mom pays the bills have anything to do with the education of children one way or the other. What about their sex-life?

Consider the following CDC statistic:

In 2010, a total of 1,307,893 cases of sexually
transmitted Chlamydia trachomatis infection were
reported to the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) (Table 1). This is the largest number
of cases ever reported to CDC for any condition. This
case count corresponds to a rate of 426.0 cases per
100,000 population, an increase of 5.1% compared with
the rate in 2009. Rates of reported chlamydial infections
among women have been increasing annually since the
late 1980s, when public programs for screening and
treatment of women were first established to avert pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and related complications.

What was the age group with the highest reported cases?

20-24 with 2270 reported cases per 100,000

What was the second highest?

15-19 with 2049 cases per 100,000

yes, that's about 1 out 50 young people who have the sexually transmitted disease, 1 in 25 if you take the two age groups together, and that's just one disease.

Are we that pure?

Well again, maybe it isn't fair to associate the roles of men and women in society and in raising children with the values that children have, but what about crime and adults?

According the FBI'S Uniform Crime Statistics, there were:

34+ million assaults
21+ million robberies
3+ million rapes
800,000+ murders
60+ million violent crimes

committed in the United States since 1960.

I guess its just not fair really to think about the roles of men and women in society at all.

Afterall, we're so much more free now in America aren't we? So much more happy now that women are out competing with men for jobs, so much more educated now that both men and women are absent from the home for 8-12 hours of the day, so much more purer now that women can be just as promiscuous as men and have no shame about saying so publicly, so much more safer now that women can fight, in a cage, and be proud of it, just like men.

Surely we're better off, now that women can be treated, just like men. In fact, why continue to make the distinction at all? Afterall, it must be good, if works. Especially if it works for you.

So says the humanist and their ongoing social agenda.

According to the article, a truce has been called in that age old war about chores. That's nice.

But there's a savage revival...

in the long war against God.

2012/12/9 18:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy