SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Expecting the Results of My Prayers!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Expecting the Results of My Prayers!

Yes, you heard it right....getting down to business.....I have made out a list of those I pray for....and leaving room for the date of the answer! It's time to get down to business with Prayer and show God I believe in his power and glory...may those that are left behind find and praise God when reviewing the Prayer Journals once God takes me home!

How I have found joy and comfort in the testimony of those who are before me and the answers to prayer that God has done over and over again for so many of his children....He shows his character by these answers and those unanswered!

May God be praised!!
PJ

2005/3/3 10:12
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Expecting the Results of My Prayers!

Quote:
Yes, you heard it right....getting down to business.....I have made out a list of those I pray for....and leaving room for the date of the answer! It's time to get down to business with Prayer and show God I believe in his power and glory...may those that are left behind find and praise God when reviewing the Prayer Journals once God takes me home!

Brother I thank you for this note and thread title, yes there should be a holy confidence in our prayers. We need to not just pray in general vague terms but in detailed exacting prayers expecting the Lord to hear us and move for His glory.

[b]James 5:16 (NKJV)[/b] - Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

I remember hearing a story about the saintly George Mueller that when he was on his deathbed in a hospital he had his old bible and had names written down in the columsn with dates underneath them. When he prayed a person through to God he would mark the date. And he also had many other names that didn't have dates under them. After he died people got a hold of his bible and checked the names of those who didn't have a date under them. After checking extensively a few months after it was found that every name in that bible of people recieved Christ and were converted. Oh to pray with such fervency and effectualness even on our death bed.

2005/3/3 17:46Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: What is God's will

The focus in my prayer closet these days is what is God's will? If I focus on His will and it's His will for me to pray for something specific, then He will always answer that prayer. For example, if the Holy Spirit has quickened for you to pray for someone's salvation, then God wants you to ask for that soul and He will answer your prayer accordingly. I'm finding without this quickening I can't effectively pray (meaning that God will answer my prayer).

I'm sure this sounds rather simplistic but that's a promise we can lay our lives on.

Here's the promise in the Word that I lean on heavily regarding the will of God (and there are others as well).

1 John 5:14 And this is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:

1 John 5:15 and if we know that he heareth us whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions which we have asked of him.

2005/3/3 22:51Profile

Re: Expecting the Results of My Prayers!

It was exciting reading your message PJ! I believe that your life and those around you will never be the same if you keep it up...how desperately we all need to get disciplined in our prayers!!

thanks for the encouragement. God bless you!

2005/3/4 1:04

Re: Corrie Ten Boom's purpose after her Stroke which muted her

Corrie ten Boom asked her local pastor why God muted her and laid her in that bed not able to ever leave the house again. She has tramped around the world for many years telling of God's salvation to others. She had many pictures of the people around the world that she had met up on the walls of her bedroom.

Her Pastor told her, "Corrie, I believe the Lord now wants you to take on the ministry of Praying for these people." He said that she got her twinkle in her eyes back and nodded.

Corrie ten Boom spent years praying in that bed. When we get to heaven....all will be revealed how wise God is!

Search me oh God and search my heart if there be any wickness and sin....cleanse me and make me blameless in your eyes always and forever. I shall not say no when you purify my heart of everything leaving only the desire of You in it. Take away everything....even the gifts....nothing shall be left....nothing....but You...as it should be. No affection except the Love of You and You alone shall be left in my heart when you are through purifing me. Praise you God as I can!

Many lives are in your hands when you decide to take on the business of Prayer...we must make sure that there is nothing hindering our prayers....Nothing. Revival and the salvation of lost souls are in the balance if God puts it upon your heart as he has mine.

Pray and expect an answer in accordance ONLY with scripture....it is OUR responsibility to search the scriptures to make sure we are aright in the way we should pray and the conditions we must make sure are right in our lives to get our petitions heard. To God's glory only. Do not tell God what he must do for You. To God's glory we are created and to God's glory we should focus on. Get off the slip of You....it has never been about You....we are created for God...not for us to order God around...to God's glory.

Not ONE Ego shall make it through the gates of Heaven. Egos will end up in Hell with the original Ego...Satan's.
PJ
PJ

2005/3/4 7:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy