SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Peace, but at what price?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Elias said " Still quite shameful though to see many of you all at your age still fighting over silly things."

As my mom laid dying in her hospital bed and the priest was called to her side my wife and I went out into the hallway and prayed that God would kill the priest on the way to the hospital to avoid his name being blasphemed. I was in utter anguish over the death of my beloved mother and the Lord name being blasphemed by some demonic priest. The spirit of the Lord came upon me and gave me grace and we prayed instead that he would just get a flat tire or not be able to make it to do last rites.

Meanwhile, I had not had 5 minutes alone with my mom when all of the sudden the room clears besides a nurse. I ran to her side, grabbed her hand and said something along these lines through my tears "Mom - dont worry about those foolish last rights, you know what Christ did in my life, you can't deny it. (I was a terrible druggy before Jesus saved me) Jesus Christ died to save sinners who come to him for salvation. You can call upon his name from your heart in truth like the thief on the cross and be saved.". She was half unconscious but squeezed my hand as a tear ran down the corner of her eye between all the equipment". I do not know what happened, only the Lord knows, that was the last time I ever spoke to her. I told the Lord I would love Him if He saved her and I would love Him if He sent her to hell.

So Elias - please take your silly comment and go get a shot from heaven, purchase eye salve from Christ that you may see and not be another lying voice on this forum. That is my sincerest prayer for you friend. -Jim

PS - the priest never made it for last rites and the nurse who was in the room when I started talking to my mom fled like lot from sodom. I will never forget that site.

2012/12/8 12:50
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

lol. Jim, your post was completely irrelevant to anything i said, but if you want to take it that way then by all means go ahead. Im not going to argue with you. All i said is that many are mature in both their earthly age and their spiritual age (the number of years they have been saved) and yet to speak with such malice is quite immature.

But if you wish to shoot me down as you did, then my Master says not to resist you. But to love you and pray for you. That is what a true believer should do.

Blessings to you.

2012/12/8 12:59Profile

Re:

elias said "lol. Jim, your post was completely irrelevant to anything i said"

No it wasn't, you said that the conversation over roman catholcism was a silly debate. For those who are burdened for souls it is not silly at all. For those who sat in awe as the VOM fell to the plagues of rome there is no silliness in it at all. May your lol's be turned into a deeper burden for your masters bride as your precious quote by David Wilkerson says. You can have the last word if needed, but I wish you nothing but the best in Christ Jesus either way friend.

-Jim

2012/12/8 13:19
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

Jim,

You are quite mistaken. I never explicitly mentioned the conversation on roman catholicism as the main argument in my post. I didn't mention any conversation as the main argument in my post. All I was referring to was the bad spirit that we have been going about this debate. that is what i refer to as "silly". My main point was the immaturity of the believers when they are both advanced in age and in spiritual age.

But of course there are no hard feelings between us, sir jim. Blessings to you and your loved ones.

2012/12/8 13:32Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have seen hundreds of roman catholics come to a saving knowlege of Jesus.the many faults that lie in the doctrines of this church only makes me grieve more for those who are under its spell.the love of Jesus burns within me to see these people saved.the attitudes against this very heretical church usually would make it very difficult to witness to those who have spent their lives being influenced by its teachings without rancor.i found it quite easy to witness and minister to catholics before i also came down with this condemning attitude in my life.since i have repented of this attitude i have been able to help some.jimp

2012/12/8 13:53Profile

Re:

I would be curious as to how many ex-Catholics there are who are commenting? I know Maryjane is an ex as am I. To people like Maryjane and myself this is no mere academic exercise. We came out of this organisation that has held sway for 1700 years. If i were on this forum and had not came out of Catholicism I would pay careful attention to the words and the wisdom of those who have. I always find Maryjane to be thoughtful and kind and loving, slow to answer and quick to want to understand. I think yo will find that genuine born-again Christians who have come out of the Catholic church will have the maximum amount of love for Catholics and have the minimum amount of tolerance for false teaching and know better than anyone, the oft-time subtleties of the Catholic apologist............. bro Frank

2012/12/8 14:42
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
2005-6 I would send any believers I met here, now I wouldn't dare (speaking of the forum - the other resources are a spiritual gold mine). Sure there are some precious brethren here still and the Lord is moving, but their are many wolves, and much compromise even among the true saints here. There was a shift, if you will, that took place sometime, an underlying spirit. Maybe it started innocent in response to carnal divisions of cal/arm or pre trib/post trib or some other thing. It swung to the other side though and their is a lying spirit of false unity at work for sure that I would never expose a weak believer to.

Brother, if you are going to say these things publicly and believe this then I would recommend that you consider stop participating in the forums yourself if you feel that the agenda that myself and others are promoting here is evil or wrong.

2012/12/8 14:56Profile

Re:

"So Elias - please take your silly comment and go get a shot from heaven, purchase eye salve from Christ that you may see and not be another lying voice on this forum"

Elias, I wanted to come back and apologize for the way I said this to you. I definitely don't think that this forum needs any more comments that contribute to the validation of catholicism being just another denomination, but the way I said this was uncalled for and I sincerely apologize.

-Jim

2012/12/8 15:51

Re:

"Brother, if you are going to say these things publicly and believe this then I would recommend that you consider stop participating in the forums yourself if you feel that the agenda that myself and others are promoting here is evil or wrong."

Greg-

That is up to you, I will always try and say such things peaceably with the knowledge of my own shortcomings hand in hand but where relevant I will say them. If you feel that is not ok for the forum, or that i have to be a spiritual "yes" man, I can not dishonor Christ like that who paid such a high price for His bride. I prayerfully took a seven month break until a couple of days ago when I saw your quotes that started this but don't really feel the need to withdraw again at this time. If you feel otherwise that is another thing.

So we are perfectly clear I consider you a dear brother who I hope is not above correction because you have the "big name" ministry and rub shoulders with the "big name" preachers. You have been given much and are responsible for much. I would admonish you the same way if you were sitting in my living room and we were looking each other in the eye.

In Christ -Jim

2012/12/8 16:10
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg-

That is up to you, I will always try and say such things peaceably with the knowledge of my own shortcomings hand in hand but where relevant I will say them. If you feel that is not ok for the forum, or that i have to be a spiritual "yes" man, I can not dishonor Christ like that who paid such a high price for His bride. I prayerfully took a seven month break until a couple of days ago when I saw your quotes that started this but don't really feel the need to withdraw again at this time. If you feel otherwise that is another thing.

So we are perfectly clear I consider you a dear brother who I hope is not above correction because you have the "big name" ministry and rub shoulders with the "big name" preachers. You have been given much and are responsible for much. I would admonish you the same way if you were sitting in my living room and we were looking each other in the eye.

Brother,

This is not a private conversation but public for the entire world to see and read. I really feel if you had a genuine godly concern you would pray and also even privately approach and share these things with the moderators.

I believe what you are sharing is not truthful for I do not have a hidden agenda in anyway to protect or promote the Roman Catholic church system. To think that these forums are a bad place to send believers should also be enough of a concern for you to leave participating in them.

If you feel you have a responsibility to preach the truth in the forums that you feel is doing damage to christianity then that type of ministry is not welcome in the forums. There are 4 other godly brothers who are moderators who I believe know the truth of christ and have a great love for the body of Christ and are able to do this role.

2012/12/8 16:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy