SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : JUST CURIOUS … How many lives have been changed by SI discussions? Any testimonies?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
timg

Re: JUST CURIOUS … How many lives have been changed by SI discussions? Any testimoni

It is hard to say for me if my life has been changed. Mainly because I think the changes are small and gradually. I use this forum to challenge my own thinking and clarify in my own mind what I believe.
Almost everything that we believe has been debated and discussed for centuries by brilliant men who loved God.

Listening to others when done in humility can only help our pursuit of truth.

Frankly, when we endure persecution someday many of these things will resolve themselves I believe.

Until then, let us pursue righteousness and purity and love.

In Him,
Tim

2012/12/8 12:19Profile
timg

Re: JUST CURIOUS … How many lives have been changed by SI discussions? Any testimoni

It is hard to say for me if my life has been changed. Mainly because I think the changes are small and gradually. I use this forum to challenge my own thinking and clarify in my own mind what I believe.
Almost everything that we believe has been debated and discussed for centuries by brilliant men who loved God.

Listening to others when done in humility can only help our pursuit of truth.

Frankly, when we endure persecution someday many of these things will resolve themselves I believe.

Until then, let us pursue righteousness and purity and love.

In Him,
Tim

2012/12/8 12:20Profile

Re:

I have had both good and bad experiences from discussions here. When I first arrived I was agnostic.

There was a discussion on Pharaoh if I recall rightly. I had been studying the Bible, reading all about Christianity, listening to preachers such as Paul Washer for quite some time in my quest for truth, but somehow I never heard about Calvinism. When I did learn about it during the course of the discussion here it totally shattered my understanding of God as I had come to understand Him. One of the posters here tried to explain that not everyone believed in it, but I ended up leaving for quite a while then.

I then had a conversion experience sometime later after a lot more seeking and the prayers for me of someone here, and joined under this user name. I appreciated the sermons and the discussions, because I was trying to understand the Bible and work out how to find a local group of belivers. So it was good and I eventually attended a local Baptist Church.

Then it happened that one day as I was studying John 17 which talks about the unity of his belivers, I felt a real conviction. This lead to the study of Church history and doctrine and eventually to the acceptance that I had to become Catholic.

This led to being told I was no longer a Christian by the others here, which was quite upsetting for me, and not something I understood at the time. I had seen the Catholic Church as kind of formal because I had no understanding of liturgy. And the Catholics I knew were kind of lukewarm. But this was something more and I did not understand it.

And since that time I have studied anti Catholism to try and understand where this has all come from. And I do understand now, I know about the books and tracts you guys have been fed.

I would encourage you to challenge your own anti Catholic beliefs. You don't even need to rely on Catholic scholarship, just any scholarship. I have come back to perhaps offer a different perpective at times, but to be honest I find it quite difficult still.

2012/12/8 13:51
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I know for me I am picky when it comes to sermons because I find alot of sermons bore me terribly. The one sermon that caused me to itch a bit inside was one from Paris Reidhead. When I say itch I really mean squirm.

When it comes to the discussion board I use it to bounce thoughts off of others to find what should be true, false or indifferent. This is because I frequent other forums/boards in which there are atheists and agnostics in which have grown up in the church and walked away from it for various reasons.

2012/12/8 15:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Deleted - my submit posted three times! Must have the hiccups!

2012/12/8 15:20Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Deleted - my submit posted three times! Must have the hiccups!

ginnyrose

Mississippi

I cannot say whether this site has changed me or not - I would guess other people can discern this better then me. I always consider myself a work in process - never done but always pressing upward.

I can say though that this site has been a great encouragement to me. It is too easy to sit here in our small, rural town and become ingrown and believe the whole world is going to hell in a basket and we alone are left. But what this forum does is inform us that there are Believers in other places who are sincere in their walk with the LORD. This alone is very encouraging. True, there have been lots of disputes over time, but people have survived and they will survive the current one raging on this forum. Disagreements will always be with us - like it or not - it is how we handle them that demonstrates to us where our weaknesses are. We are all changing - and I could name you well-known posters here who have changed in the years since they started posting, but I will let them tell you that.

Yes, if you stay on here long enough you will be blessed.

ginnyrose

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy