SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A farewell and a warning for those hear on SI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Um....am I having Deja vu? I haven't had my morning coffee yet so that could be it, but wasn't this thread locked yesterday because I see the same responses?

2012/12/8 9:01

Re:

What is wrong with quoting from the Pope or Mother Teresa?

Sometimes the world says things that are remarkable, and can't God speak through any of these people? If He can speak through an Ass to correct people, why can't God speak through people that are not of His flock?

Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Sometimes that daily bread that He sends us may be at the mouth of a Raven, or an Ass, or a sinner even as we read of the man who was born blind and standing there rebuking the Pharisees. Yet, his words were profound.

We should not discount any word that changes our mind for the better. Stop looking at the source and how they are living or what they believe. That is why the Jews stumbled at Jesus Christ and why they had a hard time believing Him, they looked at His surroundings and where He came from and who He hung out with, and yet the very words He spoke they couldn't hear Him. All they were looking at were His credentials and in their eyes He failed.

We are doing the same thing with anyone else that comes along that speaks something profound. We are looking at what the person who said it believes and who they are associated with, but God could be speaking through them.

Just for the record, I am not Catholic, nor am I a Catholic sympathizer.

2012/12/8 9:19

Re:

Let me add this. Admin Greg is NOT Catholic, we all know that, or at least we should know that. I like to think from reading his posts that I have somewhat of a knowledge of the brother and his zeal for truth that he is not in league with the Catholic Church. We should be careful brethren because the same measure we judge the same will be meted out to us.

Let me explain that. When we judge or condemn a man's actions we must first make sure that the words we are judging this man is accurately coming from the Spirit of God. If our judgement is coming from the Spirit of God than we have safety. However, if we are speaking not from the Spirit of God, the same measure that we have judged will be doled back out. That simply means this that what we accuse one brother of doing, be sure that we will be doing the same thing in the future. We will find ourselves quoting from someone that other brethren will not like, and we are going to feel corned, just like brother Greg is finding in these forums.

Been down the road with this one guys, I know what I am talking about. I prefer to humble myself, but I hate to be humbled. ugh!

2012/12/8 9:34

Speak the Truth in Love, and let God do the rest.

Krisp! It's good to see you back and in fine form I might add. I thought there was a lot of salt in your post:

"Like I said several times yesterday... I actually agree with the premise of what jeff was saying. There was truth in his words, and I too have been disturbed by the positive light in which the roman church has been portrayed as of late on this forum by the leadership."

"And another thing that needs to stop is we need to cease acting like a martyr when someone doesn't agree with us."

I think that possibly Jeffmar is looking at SI forums like someone would look at a real church. This is NOT a functioning Church, it is a religious wheel of ideas, where we are allowed to express ourselves with our opinions, and that is all.

Sometimes, I suppose, it becomes a pulpit where we can preach too, but it is not a Church. In a functioning, Elders led Church, Heresies , like the Papal evil, or Mormon lying doctrines, would be purged along with their perpetrators immediately.[ hopefully .] [ 3 John ]

Here, we must learn more tolerance, and realize that we cannot convert someone, or bring down fire on those we think are in error. I think there are some here who have never been born again, but adapted a religious spirit, but I cannot change that.

Only the Holy Spirit can convict to Truth & Repentance. So, we must learn to lay out our Truth, & let Her do her work & don't let it become personal; God will do that.

This is the issue as I see it, and to become so frustrated, & angry that you must leave, defeats the purpose of ministry..

Otherwise, I do not have to defend the Truth, but I do not have to contend for it. IT IS NOT PERSONAL. God will do His work & men will either receive it or reject it; & we cannot control that or them!

I, personally, know that many here will not receive me; I expect that, & I also know that some here are in levels of error, but the Truth has a way of shining through, and dividing; just like the tare and the wheat stalk. Many have seen that, and have discovered where people really stand. God uses things like this.

"For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you." People see what others really believe eventually.

I personally would ask Jeff to consider what I've said, and that he is not alone in his discernment, but maybe got overwhelmed about his "righteousness", and angry. Consider apologizing for this attitude, and return with more tolerance; he does have a lot to offer in many arenas.

All Isaiah & Jeremiah had to do was cry out!. After having done that, it was all in God's hands, and men mostly ignored them. That is most of the prophetic call.

"And He said, “Go, and tell this people:

‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’

“Make the heart of this people dull,
And their ears heavy,
And shut their eyes;
Lest they see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart,
And return and be healed.”

He could not [angrily] take his marbles and go home

2012/12/8 9:52