SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Goodbye SermonIndex.....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi,jws,mormons romans,moslems,are all sharing"truths".let us understand that it is the love of God that makes us a body. the church is an organism,not an organization. i disagree with a whole lot of things and it does not make me correct.if you leave, go with God.jimp

2012/12/7 16:56Profile

Re:

I hope you saints are happy. For you have just run off a man who was standing for gospel truth. Unity will be preserved. But at what cost? One must wonder?

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/12/7 17:17

Re:

Quote:
I hope you saints are happy.

oh just delighted bear! its been a wonderful day here, great witness. thanks for popping in, you're a real bit of balm in gilead.

2012/12/7 17:34

Re:

Hate to be all scriptural again, but the "balm in Gilead" wasn't a good thing. Look it up. God was asking Israel if "there was a balm in Gilead" in typical OT rhetorical fashion. God was saying will anything else you have been trusting in besides Him (idolatry) be able to truly bring healing & save you? Not trying to be "contentious", but we can look at scripture and it's contextual meaning still without it being taken wrong, right?

2012/12/7 17:48

Re:

"I hope you saints are happy. For you have just run off a man who was standing for gospel truth"

Brother I have often wondered what the people of Israel felt after cursing Jeremiah and saying his word was but wind. I picture him standing outside of the temple (Jeremiah 7) bringing forth the word of the living God and the people are so proud and hard of hearing. They twist his words and say he is the one in sin. They start an immediate character attack to try and ruin his credibility before he ruins there good time of drifting with the spirit of the age. They call him an angry watchman, and yell things like by what authority do you speak. They claim that no real prophet would defile the temple by standing outside and preaching such a hate filled and bitter message. They do not see the tears he weeps for them in private. They have it all wrong, they call light darkness and darkness light because he preaches against something that has taken root in their hearts.

He preaches against evil practices, and there is something in their hearts that causes them to then preach against him. He has struck an idol, a lie in their hearts, and who is he to say such things as this. By what authority does he speak? Doesn't he know he is turning off all of the gentiles who are in town to visit the temple this weekend. We must do something about this man, he will bow to our religious authority or we will deal with him accordingly.

In Christ -jim

2012/12/7 17:59

Re:

There has been a lot of talk of love on this subject, I have not seen much expressed to jeffmar. I have been around the block enough time to at least know this, sarcasm is never of the Lord. If one is going to express love to Catholics, they may want to begin with expressing love to one another.

The truth, expressed in love is one of the most missing ingredients in modern day Christianity. It is assumed that if one expresses a hard truth then it must be minus love. I reject this as not true. Certainly one can be dogmatic and without love in their expression of a hard truth but it does not follow, it is not automatic, it can never be assumed but must measured. Also, one can suffer from severe timidity and try and pass it of as Spirituality when in fact all it is is cowardice.

The days are coming brothers and sisters and indeed are upon us when there is an all out assault on truth. My advice is to stay very close to the Lord, stay very close to His word, never compromise on what has been revealed to you and be soaked in love. I see spiritual warfare in these threads and my advice to all concerned is to take a step back, for at least a few days and pray on it. Make sure your heart condition is correct and ask the Lord to show you and reveal to you His truth in these matters.................bro Frank

ps my opinion on Mother Theresa is too well know as to warrant any adding to this debate.

2012/12/7 18:11

Re:

Neil said:

"(later add: NO! hey, you're still here, maybe you have time for a night performance, and we can make this a wonderful 12 plus hour cyber scrum.....now THAT is a really great witness!)"

Neil, I love and care for you as a brother in Christ (as do I Jeff). You mentioned to bear about bringing healing balm and in the same breath let this out? Can fresh and polluted waters flow from the same stream brother? It would not be out of line to mention that you and I have both gotten emotional on here in the past when something was burning in our hearts. If there is something not right here as you suggested, you should start by looking at your own comments.

If you ever make it out of the woods and head to the jungle of detroit my home is open to you despite your mocking of brother Jeff.

In Christ-Jim

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.

2012/12/7 18:21

Re:

Appolus,
I don't know your thoughts on Mr Theresa, but agree whole-heartedly with what you have said here. Spiritual warfare is exactly what it is. Not imagined or self imposed martyrdom drama either, but real and the stakes are high. The sheep, the truth, the Gospel, & most of all the Glory of God.
Jeff

2012/12/7 18:27

Re:

Quote:
Brother I have often wondered what the people of Israel felt after cursing Jeremiah and saying his word was but wind. I picture him standing outside of the temple (Jeremiah 7) bringing forth the word of the living God and the people are so proud and hard of hearing. They twist his words and say he is the one in sin. They start an immediate character attack to try and ruin his credibility before he ruins there good time of drifting with the spirit of the age. They call him an angry watchman, and yell things like by what authority do you speak. They claim that no real prophet would defile the temple by standing outside and preaching such a hate filled and bitter message. They do not see the tears he weeps for them in private. They have it all wrong, they call light darkness and darkness light because he preaches against something that has taken root in their hearts.

He preaches against evil practices, and there is something in their hearts that causes them to then preach against him. He has struck an idol, a lie in their hearts, and who is he to say such things as this. By what authority does he speak? Doesn't he know he is turning off all of the gentiles who are in town to visit the temple this weekend. We must do something about this man, he will bow to our religious authority or we will deal with him accordingly. jim

Well brother this will answer both your comments this one and the one you made to me directly. Then there will be no misunderstanding as to what I am about and why.

You speak of Jeff as though he were a prophet. Not a man who has an ability to comprehend sound doctrine and therefore by reason error. All who call themselves prophets or else allude to the meaning of that name ought to be able to speak according to the day in which they live. We do not live in the time of Jeremiah or the time of Paul or Peter we live today. We do not live in the year 1959 when Mr Ravenhill made his observations regarding the Roman Church. It is complete foolishness to contend for sound doctrine by alienating the very people you are seeking to reach with the Gospel of Grace. Whether Jeremiah wept in privacy or in public is a pedantic observation he is simply said to have wept. If you insist on presenting other men or else defending them as prophets then expect to be resisted. Let me say it plainly brother. I am against the prophets who have no actual discernment as to what God intends in the day they live in. What good is so-called prophetic utterance which in truth amounts to no more than repeating what countless others, who make no such claim are able to espouse perfectly clearly. This is not prophetic it is not even the gift of prophecy it is merely understanding. It may be from books and it may be from the heart of Christ to a man who himself has a love of the Truth. But it is not prophetic.

How quickly the "prophets" gather to rush to the door of their favoured man and thereby prevent the aggressor from entering in. Yet if those who were doing the rushing were indeed prophets they could not but succeed or else they are not prophets at all but mere men as are others mere men.

Here is a link to a thread which spells it out clearly brother. Whether you read it or not is a matter for you.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45991&forum=34&0

As to whether I have slandered anyone as you have said would be something better said by the man himself. All the rest would be fruitless to address.

2012/12/7 18:41

Re:

"You speak of Jeff as though he were a prophet."

Just a brother with a burden, if he has the five fold gift of being a prophet I don't know. I realize I use the term in an over general sense I think that may have offended your theology. Sorry if that is the case, I meant no harm by it. I am more interested in the heart of God for His people in the last days then in debating words or theology.

"All the rest would be fruitless to address."

Agreed, you can have a last word if needed but I will not add any more as it would be fruitless contention. -Jim

[edit - I stand by my thoughts on jeremiah, all scripture is profitable even if it was for jeremiahs day].

2012/12/7 18:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy