SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Having a wrong Understanding of the Gospel & thinking we have a right spirit somehow in it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Brother,
In one stanza you say "it's all been said and done" & act as if everyone knows Rome is a cult, & in the next you defend those who defend Mr Theresa and say those who don't allow the undiscerning to drink it in like water are unloving and won't be used by God. You are more confusing and your agenda is not even clear to others (& maybe yourself?).

I am finished with this matter and am "shaking off the dust from my feet" of this website and those who are more focused on whether I, and others, have "their kind of love" than whether the purity of the Gospel is defamed and made impotent. There really isn't much more to say..

May the Lord grant grace and open blind eyes and expose adulterous hearts in His timing and in His manner. I have only sought to lovingly share as I feel led. I don't really know many of you REALLY, Nor what manner of life you live, what your prayer life is like, what you do when no one is looking, what ministry you have/haven't been called to, etc. This I do know, a lack of discernment isn't an accident that catches God by surprise. When we have mixture and allow a little leaven to leaven the whole lump, it shows what is really in our hearts, regardless of the straw men and banana peels we create to provide "cover" for our actions as we attack those who speak the truth in love.

Believe not every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they be of God. Many will come in my name and deceive many. Believe them not. Have nothing to do with the fruitless works of darkness, but rather expose them.

My Feet are dusted off, my heart is pure, my conscience is clear. I have done faithfully as I have felt led, so one side of this is deceived. It is either you or me. Your compass is how you feel, what someone once said, how you perceive HOW i shared the Word, etc. Mine is the Word of God. All of it, not just bits and pieces pulled out of their overall context.
God Bless,
Jeff Marshall

2012/12/7 13:37
David01-72

Texas

Re:

Lets see if we can resolve this issue. I think we should look at this with this question, Does the Roman Catholic Church hold the right doctrine and as a church do they put their faith in Christ Alone?

Brother Greg you quoted "This is not to promote the catholic church, just as much as having a few reformed speakers on the website does not make this a 5 point reformed website. Or having a few pentecostal teachers does not make this a pentecostal website.". So, what you are saying(correct me if im wrong) is that the RCC is part of the Christian denominations which is Pentecostal, Reformed, Baptist, Methodist, ect.

If so brother, then i disagree. To me the difference between the RCC and these Christian denominations is that the RCC depends on the pope more then Jesus our High Preist. This causes the RCC to practice whatever the pope tells them even if its against scripture. If they are true Christians from the RCC, they would not stay in that church but they would seek for a "Christ alone" church. Quoting Mother Theresa is not right because it would cause confusion to the Body of Christ and would decieve some, especially to the babes in Christ.

I didnt want to post because i only have a year in the walk with Christ and felt that i lack knowledge, but my heart says to post it. Im sorry if you feel offended brother.

With Love in Christ
DavidC

2012/12/7 14:04Profile

Re:

David,
You may have only walked with the Lord for a year, but there is pure, sincere, truth in what you said not jaded by time or influence apart from God's Word/Spirit. May God bless you for standing for His kingdom.

"out of the mouths of babes and infants....."

2012/12/7 14:37

Re:

"Quoting Mother Theresa is not right because it would cause confusion to the Body of Christ and would decieve some, especially to the babes in Christ."

This is very good brother, my heart is so tender over this after seeing people I love die and go to hell trusting in that system and their false jesus. Be warned that type of burden may get you stoned when the prevailing spirit of the day is one of false unity. This may be in response to the opposite error of separating over the L in TULIP or how long a beard should be but there is error enough on both sides of the highway of holiness. The Bible instructs us:

1Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

But we live in a day when men do what is right in their own eyes and what feels the most loving to the flesh. Paul says not even to eat with a professing believer that is an open unrepentant idolater (bowing down to statues and praying to mary is one example). I don't think Paul was being an angry watchman. Of course these instructions can be taken and used by us with a wrong spirit - but they are the living and powerful word of God that trumps the opinion of even the greatest brothers among us. Selah.

2012/12/7 16:18

Re:

Man Jim,
Lord bless you brother! What love on that day will be shown as compromise & what anger revealed as Prophetic Burden straight from the Lord. Thank God We stand or fall from the opinion of one - Him. He whose eyes are like burning fire that see through us entirely. I am encouraged by your heart. I tried the gentle, private, and careful approach and it was all shunned. In fact I warned privately through trembling and yet there was/is an agenda to defend this Apostacy and call the prophetic voice angry, mean, and unloving. And yet, I am painted as "wanting be contentious and fight in the flesh". I do have to be honest that I wonder what kind of prayer life and Word life such men really have? I say that not to judge unrighteously, but why is discernment shunned as if it were an unholy thing?

2012/12/7 16:27

Re:

". In this Rome is key to the filling up of the wickedness of men and all the nations which have drunk of her fornications. In the end she will be destroyed in one hour. The judgement of God will suddenly overcome her and she will be brought down to ruin and destruction. Today if you are truly in a prophetic spirit then ask the Father this very thing. He will not lie to you and you will be astonished at His compassion and mercy. He will raise up the prophetic man one here and one there and the word and the cry "come out of her my people" will be heard from the four ends of the earth. Only then will the destruction come. "

Amen! Sad when those who cry out 'come out of her' are accused of calling fire down on the true saints in there. Even sadder when the accusers cry out 'stay in her' and promote her, crying peace-peace when there is no peace. It takes a really prideful heart that has opened itself to a lie to do that. -Jim

2012/12/7 20:11
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I think it is wise to close this thread at this point.

This thread is locked.

2012/12/7 20:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy