SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons :  Mother Teresa on Love begins at Home - Thirsting for God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Mother Teresa on Love begins at Home - Thirsting for God

Quote:
“Let our gratitude be our strong resolution to quench the thirst of Jesus by lives of real charity. Love for Jesus in prayer, love for Jesus in your brothers and sisters, love for Jesus in the poorest of the poor. Nothing else.”

Quote:
Our works of charity are nothing but the overflow of our love for God. Therefore, the one who is most united to God loves others the most. To understand and practice this, we need to pray, for prayer unites us with God and overflows upon others.

I agree with her focus on prayer and love as exemplified in these quotes. And she didn't just write about this, she lived it.

I wonder if those who commented so negatively in this post even bothered to read any of this. Yes we're all aware of the problems of Catholicism, but have you read this?

In Christ,

Ron

2012/12/6 22:13Profile

Re:

Jeff-

There has been a ecumenical spirit at work on the message board for some time, even by dear brothers and I am shocked too. I suppose it may be a counter-reaction to the often carnal division like the CAL/ARM debate and such. Either way your warning should be taken in all seriousness and humility as this is not a game. There is error on both sides of the highway of holiness!

Jesus help us in this day where God is pouring out His strong delusions on professing christians and the very elect will be deceived if it were possible. Ecumenicism will never bring about revival in this day marked by apostasy any only seeks to leaven those who lack discernment like the young man in proverbs 7. The worse part is it destroys any notion of true Christian unity and love that is founded in the light. The only common ground is found when catholics flee from that great whore, coming out from among it, renouncing it for all of its satanic evil, and embracing the truth that is in Christ. I have watched rome send so many people I love to hell that blood would be on my hands if I did not cry aloud against it. Of course she has many harlot daughters too.

God bless you Jeff - keep preaching even if they stone you and throw you into a well (Gods professing people do this today by claiming you are unloving or intolerant no matter how humble or full of the love of Christ you may be). They kill the prophetic spirit thinking that they do God a favor.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

2012/12/6 22:15
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

if 1% of christians were as good of "christians" as Mother Teresa and Gandhi the world would be a very different place.

2012/12/6 22:20Profile

Re:

Ron, would you say the same thing if the quotes were from Gandhi or say Joseph Smith? I mean Joseph Smith said he believed in Jesus right?

What does it matter if someone says something good on prayer, the family, or any other topic, if they believe that Jesus alone doesn't save, or they believe there are many ways to God? Why would anyone pollute the saints by promoting someone who had essential beliefs that contradicted the truth in Christ? People seemed to be so easily deceived by "good works". May God have mercy.

2012/12/6 22:35

Re:

I am shocked, but we have lost the Gospel itself. If we don't have the Gospel, we only have filthy rags. We are trying to "clean up" with these filthy rags (maxi-pads & toilet paper). I am truly speechless. If 1% of Christians were as "good" as a deceived Hindu & Catholic? Where/what is our compass anymore? It's not the Word/Spirit of God, but "each one does what is right in his own eyes". Wow. I can't even believe what I'm hearing

2012/12/6 22:57
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
if 1% of christians were as good of "christians" as Mother Teresa and Gandhi the world would be a very different place.

Saints,

There were many reasons why I posted this article. I do not agree with all that was posted and any believer who reads this would agree that the prayer to mary and other statements are wrong in the article. Yet there are statements that show some of her devotion to Christ and it is challenging as brother Ron pointed out to read some of these things and consider our walks with the Lord.

Mother Theresa is not an example for doctrine in anyway but for servitude she is a wonderful example. To say that every catholic is not saved or born-again is a misnomer for there have always been a remnant in the catholic system that were truly regenerate. Many of these would be in convents or other auxiliary arms of the catholic system. Even the charismatic catholic movement where some came to to faith in Jesus Christ, some of these groups still meet in catholic church basements but are in some ways separate from the church. To state all are damned to an eternal hell who belong to the catholic church or any of the Orthodox churches is a belief I wanted to challenge. I would say that some of those godly remnant believers throughout Church history under the Catholic system lived very godly lives and were powerful examples of Christian discipleship.

Modern evangelicals applaud henri nouwen, shane claiborne and others who champion loving the poor and servitude but in some ways their theology and believes have just as many errors that are grievous to the faith. One way to consider these things is when one emphasizes so much a calling on their life to love the poor everything revolves around this and they are not as exacting or desiring to be perfect in their doctrinal theology. Some of the harshest critics of Mother Theresa and others are those who have never helped the poor or suffered to do so and Matthew 25 seems like a scary condemnation on their lives.

The bar for godliness is very low in Christendom and the examples of even those in false religions should shame the true believer in Jesus Christ who has the Spirit of God them and can trust God to live as Christ.

I do hope this article provokes us in this way. Just as looking at the zeal of mormon missionaries should provoke us to evangelism, something godly men such as Ravenhill and others lamented at.

I am not endorsing the Roman Catholic system for as a whole it is anti-christ and apart from God's purposes for His true Church.

I am locking this thread so further misunderstandings will not prevail.

2012/12/6 23:05Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

To me: Jesus is my God.
Jesue is my spouse.
Jesus is my life.
Jesus is my only love.
Jesus is my all in all.
Jesus is my everything.

These words were written by Mother Teresa. These words and the life she lived doesn't come across as someone who is deceived. Maybe on that great day we will all see Mother Teresa called forth and we will hear the King say "Come you blessed by my Father, take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the World. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothing and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."
For the King will say " I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these, you did for me."
Then we will look to a great multitude on His left and we will hear them say." I know all the doctrines of the Bible, I never left my particular denomination for as you know Lord it is the one true denomination, and in my spare time as I had much I got on the internet and told everyone who was an apostate and who wasn't." And we will hear that great voice say," Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire pepared for the Devil and his angels."

2012/12/6 23:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy