Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I struggle with gods will in my life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

I struggle with gods will in my life

Matthew 6:10 KJV
Thy kingdom come . Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

I always struggle with what is gods will in my left and the teaching always seems vague

2012/12/6 15:40Profile

Re: I struggle with gods will in my life

Welcome to the club.

We see God's will in our lives best from retrospect. Rarely forward. If we could it wouldnt be called "faith".

Krispy

2012/12/6 15:52
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Who doesn't struggle with this from time to time. I have learned a couple of things that have helped me.

We are told to delight ourselves in the Lord and He will give us the desires of our heart. If I am delighting in seeking and obeying Him, then He will put His desires in my heart. So, if I am delighting myself in the Lord, then I have learned to trust a strong desire in my heart as having been given to me by the Lord. So, I trust that my desire is His will.

I also rely on His peace. He will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him, because he trusteth in Him. When I lose my peace about something, I begin to seek God about what is wrong in that area. It has been the way that God has directed me.

Then there are the times I struggle. But I always come back to the basic premise that God does not want to hide His will from me, but rather wants to reveal it and have me walk in it. So I just keep seeking Him, and trusting that He will reveal His will to me. I usually do not have to wait a long time.

2012/12/6 16:55Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

George Mueller offers some excellent advice for seeking God's will on a particular matter in his autobiography. I find the first point to be the real stickler;

1. I seek to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in a given matter. When we are ready to do the Lord's will—whatever it may be—nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome.

2. Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If I do so, I make myself liable to great delusions.

3. I seek the will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, God's Word. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Spirit guides us, He will do it according to the Scriptures, never contrary to them.

4. Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God's will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

5. I ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me.

6. Thus, through prayer, the study of the Word and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge. If my mind is thus at peace and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. I have found this method always effective in trivial or important issues.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/12/6 18:26Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Welcome to the club.

We see God's will in our lives best from retrospect. Rarely forward. If we could it wouldnt be called "faith".

Krispy

Love the advice Krispy

and Rons advice by Muller

2012/12/8 20:47Profile

What is the struggle?

Has God come to you and told you to do a thing, or has a minister laid his hands on you and anointed you to preach the gospel, or have you received a gift from God that your struggling to obey Him?

What is the struggle?

If you mean that what you read in the bible and what you see in your life doesn't seem to match up, than your not struggling, your longing for something more.

The urge to do something about it has not yet come. The hero's of the faith we read about sought God for such a radical change that they did not want to be a regular Christian living out his life doing nothing significant. They get alone with God until they move heaven and earth, to stir God up and to literally pull God down from off His throne and to make some changes.

Have you come to that place?

If you have not, then Welcome To The Club, most of us are longing for more too. We are the place of "sighing" right now, and then after awhile we'll move up to another level. I see that happening now. I see people's faith being increased and God is moving pieces together, here a little, there a little.

Keep longing for the things of God and one of these days your going to be so sick of it all that your going to put everything aside, climb into a closet, lock the door and say, "God, I am not coming out of this closet until you change me into the man of God you want me to be".

God Bless, I hope that that day comes soon.

2012/12/8 21:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy