SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Fear of the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: John's gospel and the Fear of the Lord

Simple definition of the fear of the Lord."To hate sin and every false way and to reverence God in all things". Application: Jn7:16-17 here we have the promise from the mouth of none less than Jesus Christ (GOD) himself claiming that if we DO his teaching in our daily lives there would be a knowing(witness) as to his doctrine being from God (the Father). Now what does that mean? God himself will prove His Word in our daily experience.If the full realization that God is really watching over our lives let alone His Word to preform it ever settles in to a persons heart it will cause a proper "fear of God", that "reverential awe" , to manifest in our hearts. To think that The God who created the Heavens and the Earth is in the most literal sense watching over me on a personal basis---as well as His Word to do it. WOW! What a wonderful treasure for Jesus to give us.He even proves He's God!

2005/3/3 15:45Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Thanks Dohzman and Dave,

I think the pieces are beginning to fall into place. The fear of the Lord is a holy reverance that results in a change of behavior.

Here's a couple of additional verses from the NASB.

Jeremiah 32:40"I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me.

Isaiah 8:13, 14 13"It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, And He shall be your dread. "Then He shall become a sanctuary; But to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over, And a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

2005/3/3 17:29Profile
dohzman

Re: speaking for me

I'll speak for me here. I have this passion, burning desire to do that which pleases God.I know its not from my flesh because the flesh wars against the spirit and Jesus said his words(teachings) were spirit and they are life. I also know the devil doesn't want me to do God's word at all. So for me as a process of elimination I've rested in a simple doing of His word believing it to be walking in the Spirit.Now I know there is a supernatural or extra special move we do at times move into but much like needing a miracle you can't live in this mode 24/7 or you'll end up burned out for good much like what I believe Evan Roberts had happen to him. You don't need a miracle everyday (unless your life is a real mess---been there done that!)but when u do , praise God he's all powerful.I have seasons where there are certain outward manifestations of fear and trenbling or great humility or deep conviction of how Holy God is and how unholy I am but to be in these states constantly I believe would be unhealthy and unproductive. For me anyhow. God Bless---Daryl

2005/3/4 0:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy