SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Books...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JoshG

Re: Books...

Ever Increasing Faith by Smith Wigglesworth... Don't agree that tongues is the sign of being spirit filled but yet, what an example! Wigglesworth was Apostolic (without the inerrancy)

Any book by James A. Stewart who was an evangelist/revivalist and good friends with Duncan Campbell and William Booth's daughter. revivallit.org contains some wonderful books.

Hannah Whitall Smith books ('God of All Comfort' is wonderful and dramatically changed my life)

JC Ryle wrote some mindblowingly good things

Deeper experiences of Famous Christians by j gilchrist lawson (1911) had the biggest effect on my life. Its short biographies of some of the big name revivalists of the last 500 years. Focus: What were they like before conversion, how were they converted, what changed them from 'normal' christianity to become 'super' christians (bad wording). A number of them saw 50,000 to 500,000 people come to Christ as a result of their preaching. So powerful and profound. DONT READ THE TINY ABRIDGED VERSION! Anything with less than 250 pages is rubbish. They take out a lot of good stuff. Here is a link to one of the better coppies, http://openlibrary.org/books/OL359194M/Deeper_experiences_of_famous_Christians

2012/12/5 22:30Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

all things for good by thomas watson! a wonderful exposition of romans 8:28 that has been a tremendous blessing in my personal life and walk with the Lord =)

2012/12/6 0:41Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

The Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Crazy Love - Frances Chan

Anything by F.B.Meyers

2012/12/6 1:03Profile
savannah

Re: books

"Trusting God" - even when life hurts - by Jerry Bridges

2012/12/6 6:18Profile
jstrang

Marshfield, Wisconsin

Re:

I am giving these E-books away for FREE through the new year!

http://time2standblog.com/2012/11/24/three-free-christian-e-bookspdfs-through-dec-31-2012/

Jeremy
www.time2stand.com

2012/12/6 9:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Mary Jane,

"Exodus to a Hidden Valley" (copyrighted 1974) by Eugene Morse is a book I have read many times. It is a true story of endurance, faith, surviving in the midst of incredible odds. Given the times we are living in and with the future looking bleak, this book details how some people survived without...

I suggest you google the title for more information. Ebay has it listed for sale.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/12/6 22:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mary Jane, do you enjoy reading a book for its own pleasure? Something relaxing but fun? If so, I have one that I have read many times. It is not what I would call a religious book at all but it does a powerful job in teaching how a family can relate to each other after becoming adults.

The title is "Home for Christmas" by Lloyd C. Douglas - the same one who penned "The Robe". It is a work of fiction. I suggest one read it slowly, savoring all the adjectives, adverbs, visualizing the story as it unfolds. The drama as detailed in the book is not unrealistic - I can well imagine my mother's family doing the same except that they are now all deceased except for her.

This book is out of print but can be found on eBay. Read and have fun. (I am reading it again.)

2012/12/7 4:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy