SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sitting At The Table by Count Zinzendorf

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Sitting At The Table by Count Zinzendorf

It is no different in the world. Whoever has exalted himself and yet has so much love for his soul that he does not want to continue this drama into eternity, whoever does not want to be openly shamed in eternity, must allow himself to be brought down from his heights in the world. He must allow people to say, "The poor sinners are more honest than you are; let them move up to the head of the table. You sit down at the foot."

Whoever loves his soul must be satisfied with the disgrace that for twenty, thirty years he dreamed a false Christianity for himself, made a religion that had no basis. He would have been saved if he had remained with the simple foundations he learned from the catechism from his youth on. He will be lost because he fooled himself, studied all the theosophists, and in the process lost his way and his faith.
If a man can admit, and does not allow himself to regret saying, "The beetles have eaten the past years; I want to turn to the Lamb. I will change and become a child. He may replace my years out of grace and do what he pleases with me," this is what it means then to sit at the foot of the table.

In this way a person can be helped. And this is a blessing a person must manage in the world, because if he waits until eternity then he will be sent away with disgrace and insult. And if a person knew what to say in the world, had plenty of responses, always had to have the last word, then he has to remain silent in eternity.

2012/12/4 13:38Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: Sitting At The Table by Count Zinzendorf

He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.
John 12:25

What can a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mark 8:37

2012/12/4 13:56Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy