Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Heyo

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PTywama3

Tacoma, WA

Heyo

Hello,

The server gave me a SAFE MODE feed, so I hope this isn't a duplicate.

My name is Dave, and I'm a 21-year-old loosely based out of Washington state. I just completed a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Discipleship Training School (DTS), which is a three month crash course in biblical foundations and life application, followed by a two month outreach (short terms missions trip) which in my case took me to the Gambia in West Africa. The latter part is designed to help kinda kick the first part into practical application. I'm still reeling from that one a little bit.

I plan on attending a Christian college of some sort here in the near future, primarily focusing on Religion and Engineering (an odd couple... but they can go together... I think). My interests consist of a jumbled mess of stuff like football and frisbee, writing, theological/ideological/other heavy discussions, and I'm finding my eyes more often in the Word (five months of relatively intense focus'll do that to yah.)

What lead me to this site was a search for the sermon Ten Shekels and A Shirt, which was played for us right before our outreach phase at school. It is great to find so many quality Christian resources out there not so concerned with cost. I can claim the student and missionary tags, so that can be a big one for me. ;-)

Thank you for being one of them, and I look forward to sinking a little more into this in-depth community.

2005/3/2 18:08Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Heyo

welcome to SI (SermonIndex). Yeah its probably the SQL server(which runs php-that runs the message boards) Greg is looking into it... Yeah its a great website.

2005/3/2 18:12Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Heyo

Yeah, I guess Gospel.net has been having technical difficulties lately. I say we keep this site in prayer.

Welcome Dave. From Wasshington, eh? My grandparents live in Port Orchard, WA, right on the Puget Sound, and I love going up there every summer! Seattle is awesome too!

Yes, I know some youngin's from my youth group who have done stuff with YWAM. One guy I know and his wife served with YWAM in Texas after they got married. I thought that was cool. So you've gone to Africa for missions, huh? That's cool. God took me to the Ukraine this past summer and I'm planning on going again.

Well, glad God led you here. Hope you get blessed by the resources on here and the fellowship.

2005/3/2 18:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The server gave me a SAFE MODE feed, so I hope this isn't a duplicate.

This problem has been rectified. Its great to have you at SI and thats great that you found "ten shekels and a shirt" thats such a powerful message and has been downloaded over 24,000 times on SI alone! I look forward to hearing more from you on the forums.

2005/3/3 1:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy