SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : “The nature of Christ’s salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

“The nature of Christ’s salvation

“The nature of Christ’s salvation is woefully misrepresented by the present-day evangelist. He announces a Savior from hell rather than a Savior from sin. And that is why so many are fatally deceived, for there are multitudes who wish to escape the Lake of fire who have no desire to be delivered from their carnality and worldliness.” (A.W. Pink, 1886-1952)

This is very convicting and thought provoking. There are those who love the idea of a "get out of hell" free card but very few really want to die to self and be delivered from the sin in their lives.

God bless
maryjane

2012/12/3 21:27Profile

Re: “The nature of Christ’s salvation

Mr Pink properly draws a distinction between the existence of Hell and the existence of the lake of fire. Hell is here and now beneath us and the lake of fire is in the new heavens and the new earth. If men seem so desperately keen to escape from the possibility of hell it is because they have not understood the certainty of the lake of fire. Hell is a dominion which will one day be emptied and will itself be cast into the lake of fire empty. In this sense hell is eternal. However the lake of fire does not yet exists as far as we know as to do so the new heavens and the new earth would also have to exist now. We know that they do not yet exists now. We see the present heavens and the present earth and we conceive of the reality of the present dominion of hell. If we are to defeat this foolishness of men preaching salvation from hell instead of salvation from sin they will have to learn to be taught of the Scriptures and not their imaginations. The lake of fire is the true eternal place of the rebellious man.

If you don't believe be read the Revelations.

2012/12/4 4:43
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Striking quote, and so true. Whilst we need deliverance from sin, do we want it?

We are exhorted in scripture to hate evil. It destroys and condemns us to eternity in hell.

By the way, it's Revelation, no 's'.

2012/12/4 5:44Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

A.W. Pink, "The Gospel of Satan"

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=683

2012/12/4 9:49Profile

Re: “The nature of Christ’s salvation

Wisdom sits in the gate and she observes the going out and the coming in. She sees and comprehends the young man pass through the gate in the darkness and she sees and comprehends the harlot who sits outside the gate with a lamp. Then she sees and comprehends the young man come back through the gate in the dawn light. She speaks nothing but remembers and if any man will ask of her “what is it?” She will say “I know it and I saw it and I comprehend it?” Then the one who asks will say oh wisdom how deep is your well and how sweet the waters of your produce. I will drink of it, and I will not pass out of the gate, but will sleep in my bed and rise early to greet the Lord”.

“And behold, I come quickly. Blessed is he that keepeth the words of the prophecy of this book.”

και ιδου ερχομαι τα χυ μακαριος ο τηρων τους λογους της προφητειας του βιβλιου τουτου

“And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.”

και εδωκεν η θαλασσα τους νεκρους τους εν αυτη και ο θανατος και ο αδης εδωκαν τους νεκρους τους εν αυτοις και εκριθησαν εκαστος κατα τα εργα αυτων και ο θανατος και ο αδης εβληθησαν εις την λιμνην του πυρος ουτος ο θανατος ο δευτερος εστιν η λιμνη του πυρος

“John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from him who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits that are before his throne; and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loveth us, and loosed us from our sins by his blood.”

ιωαννης ταις επτα εκκλησιαις ταις εν τη ασια χαρις υμιν και ειρηνη απο ο ων και ο ην και ο ερχομενος και απο των επτα πνευματων α ενωπιον του θρονου αυτου και απο ιησου χριστου ο μαρτυς ο πιστος ο πρωτοτοκος των νεκρων και ο αρχων των βασιλεων της γης τω αγαπωντι ημας και λυσαντι ημας εκ των αμαρτιων ημων εν τω αιματι αυτου και εποιησεν ημας βασιλειαν ιερεις τω θεω και πατρι αυτου αυτω η δοξα και το κρατος εις τους αιωνας των αιωνων αμην

Wisdom sits in the gate and she observes the going out and the coming in. She sees and comprehends the things which have been, which are and she speaks wisely of He that is to come. And if any man will ask of her “what is it?” she will say “I saw Him ascend into the heavens a lamb newly slain and I heard a new song “Worthy art thou to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou was slain, and didst purchase unto God with thy blood men of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation, and madest them to be unto our God a kingdom and priests; and they reign upon earth.” Then the one who asks will say “oh wisdom how deep is your well and how sweet the waters of your produce. I will drink of it, and I will not sleep in the darkness but will stay awake, that I might comprehend the time of His coming.”

2012/12/5 5:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy