SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Medi-Share Christian Health Care Cost Sharing?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Medi-Share Christian Health Care Cost Sharing?

Saints,

I ran across this and wondered if anyone on SI uses this service or has known anyone that uses it. It states there are currently 50,000 christians in the USA using this service to help share the costs of medical bills. I found this interesting because they comment that this is the principle in the book of Acts where the early church had all things in common:

http://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/

https://medi-share.org/ms/lp/Medical-Bill-Sharing_sm_12-5.aspx

2012/12/2 22:03Profile

Re: Medi-Share Christian Health Care Cost Sharing?

Qualifications for Joining Medi-Share

Medi-Share is based on the biblical principles of caring for and sharing in one another's burdens (as outlined in Galatians 6:2). And as such, adhering to biblical principles of health and lifestyle are important requirements for membership in Medi-Share.

Each adult must:

Have a verifiable Christian testimony indicating a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and profess the Statement of Faith.

Nice!

Attend a fellowship of believers, regularly and actively support that ministry, and live under the discipline of that body.

That rules me out.

Share the conviction that believers are to bear one another’s burdens according to Galatians 6:2

Nice.

Believe the biblical doctrine that their bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and therefore are to be kept pure.

Nice.

Must not engage in sex outside of traditional Christian marriage

Nice.

Cannot use tobacco or illegal drugs in any form, or abuse legal drugs or alcohol

Nice.

Be a U.S citizen (those serving abroad as missionaries may qualify) or a permanent resident with a visa or green card and Social Security number who lives full time in the United States.

That counts me out.

2012/12/3 11:37
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Hi Greg,

Several families in our fellowship are a part of this organization. There are forms that they bring to me that I must verify that they are attending regularly, and following the guidelines that mentioned in the previous post.

So far, the families that have participated have been very satisfied with the service they have received.

makrothumia

2012/12/3 15:03Profile
mama27

Re:

We used Christian Brotherhood, which is a similar organization, for 13 years; and we were very satisfied with it. I have wondered though, what is to become of these Christian organizations once Obamacare is instated...curious if anyone knows...

2012/12/3 17:41Profile

Re:

I don't think anything would change Mama. We have Medicare here in Canada but we still have to have insurance companies to pay for services that are not covered by Medicare. For example, most cosmetic surgeries are not covered by Medicare anymore, but our insurance company will, the same goes with dental care and extended hospital care. Currently, as soon as surgery is done, people are practically out the next day, whether it's serious or not. But with the insurance we can stay in longer. So I don't see these organizations going anywhere soon after Obamacare, besides, they fuel the economy and the government is not going to upset a 650 Million dollar company like Medi-Share.

2012/12/4 0:16
jochbaptist

Re:

Quote:
That rules me out.

C'mon Approved, you should at least score 6/7. :)

Joch

2012/12/4 10:19Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:

by mama27 on 2012/12/3 14:41:00

We used Christian Brotherhood, which is a similar organization, for 13 years; and we were very satisfied with it. I have wondered though, what is to become of these Christian organizations once Obamacare is instated...curious if anyone knows...

WOW! Read from their website: http://mychristiancare.org/exemption.aspx

Obamacare actually EXEMPTS Christians in such organizations!

Interesting!

2012/12/4 13:01Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you Lorddoitagain...I had intended to look into this, but hadn't found the time....I want to say "wow", but somehow am skeptical as we see every Christian principle being attacked in our society. It would be wonderful if these ministries would find the favor of the Lord even a society that is becoming more corrupt by the day.

I am impressed to share a beautiful experience we had with Christian Brotherhood back in 1995 - my husband had lost his insurance thru his work, and so we were led to join Christian Brotherhood. We did not qualify for a C-section that I had because we were not members long enough (just a couple of months) when I became pregnant. So we were faced with the cost of a C-section out of our pocket. But our need was published on the "prayer page" even though we did not qualify to be reimbursed financially. I still have the 75 or 80 envelopes that we received from individuals all over the country who we did not even know, and most of whom sent us a small financial gift. We received enough money to pay off my obstetrician's part of the delivery. I was able to take my young children into his office with the money and pay his bill in total, showing them how God provided for us. Still brings tears to my eyes this many years later.

2012/12/4 14:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy