SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UN vote recognizes state of Palestine; US objects

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 UN vote recognizes state of Palestine; US objects

The United Nations voted overwhelmingly Thursday to recognize a Palestinian state, a victory decades in the making for the Palestinians after years of occupation and war. It was a sharp rebuke for Israel and the United States.
A Palestinian flag was quickly unfurled on the floor of the General Assembly, behind the Palestinian delegation, as the final vote was cast.

In an extraordinary lineup of international support, more than two-thirds of the world body's 193 member states approved the resolution upgrading the Palestinians to a nonmember observer state. It passed 138-9, with 41 abstentions. ...

read more: http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/palestinians-certain-to-win-recognition-as-a-state/nTH5K/

2012/11/30 10:00Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: UN vote recognizes state of Palestine; US objects

It would appear the UN is flexing its muscles again. It is a good thing was as believers live under a different government. Of His kingdom there shall be no end. We need to step up our prayers for Israel, and for all the surrounding peoples as well. What they need is a great awakening.

2012/11/30 11:40Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: UN vote recognizes state of Palestine; US objects

I find myself a bit conflicted these days regarding Israel and Palestine. On the one hand, Israel belongs to the Jewish people, but on the other, many Palestinians are suffering and human rights are being violated from BOTH ends. Biblically, I know that God gave Israel to the Jewish people but also hates tyranny and injustice. Because of these conflicting issues, I am not sure where I should lean in regards to the Israel/Palestine issue. By giving a full and complete support of Israel would in essence be turning a blind eye to the suffering of the Palestinian people, who are at the end of the day still human beings. And the flipside would obviously be unscriptural and also be violating the basic rights of the Jewish people as well. Now, I know in the old testament, Israel was justified in the slaughter of the inhabitants of Canaan, which was in essence God's judgment being poured out on the inhabitants of the land. But I also see how they were hindered from fully accomplishing this due to many reasons, of which some were covenant relationships (like the gibeonites from joshua 9) who would therefore be unlawful to kill due to the covenant that was made between them. But aside from the covenant relationships, wouldn't one be correct to assume that the Israelites no longer have this type of "authority", as in to take their land back by killing as an act of God's judgment upon the people because of the better covenant that was shown through Christ and the cross and salvation being made available to the gentiles and well as the Jews? I also see from scripture how God would intentionally allow Israel to be occupied by other nations due to their unfaithfulness to Him, of which Israel is not much different from biblical times in this regard (not trying to justify the occupying nations though). So based on these things, and aside from the obviousness of prayer, what sort of stance should I take and encourage others to take on this matter? What is on God's heart and mind? I would love everyone's thoughts and input to help me sort these things through =)

thanks and God bless!

2012/11/30 16:33Profile

Re:

I believe as a Christian having favoritism for one ethnic group above another is wrong. I do not see Israel as being better or special before God. Christ is the Special One and those that are in Him are special before God whether they be Jew or Gentile.

It's better that you take a neutral stance for this one reason and that is both Jews and Palestinians are sinners and they need salvation.

2012/11/30 17:05
staff

Re:

Hi tbsounde2,
Israel and Palestine are not Christian except for a small percentage.So I do not expect either peoples to behave in a Christian way.However a couple of things are clear the rules that both peoples follow are completely different.Israel follows an incomplete bible and western ideas of democracy and the Palestinians have come under a horrible Islamist dictatorship that have killed their own as much as Israelis.
Hamas killed Fatwa followers in the most horrible of ways.They have also persecuted any Christians in Gaza.
It is important to note that Spiritual powers in the area are isolating Israel as we move toward the end time.
Also I think that "Human Rights" is not the same as Christian Values,It is a term that can include almost anything.
Lastly when the recent spat ended people in Gaza started queing for ATM machines and clearly had shops full of goods and Food.This isnt the Sudan or Ethopia here,they are modern.They choose to use tunnels to bring in more sophisticated weapons if they had any shortages they could use the tunnels to bring in food and medicines.
Last year a flotilla of boats were stopped from going into Gaza by Israel.Why do these people not try to go to poor countries? that really need help.It is because they have an anti Israel agenda,
Christians are not supporting Israel because their behaviour is always correct or that they are Christian but because we realize that increasingly the cards are being stacked against Israel by the world and by Satan in order that his end times aims are achieved,
Yours Staff

2012/11/30 17:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy