SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Justification by Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

I don't know how it works

But i do know when I set my whole life around God's will for me, I start to have victory over sin.

Derek Prince teaches to have forgiveness one must be walking in the light like this verse seems to say:

Quote:

"but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

In my life, I notice I "feel" forgiven when I am walking in the Spirit.

In respect to this dilemma, my friend quoted to me this verse:

Quote:

Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
(2 Corinthians 5:16-17)

...To get me to believe I am forgiven right now by confessing my sins and turning to God. And I started to believe it in faith. I still struggle though due to inner unholiness...

blessings!

2012/12/26 14:19
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Dear NoahJD,

When you say, "I feel" forgiven when I am walking in the Spirit," I have a genuine concern about this statement. Because what you are essentially saying is "if I do this or that, I will feel forgiven." Yes, we must walk in the light. But we do it in appreciation and liberty because of what Christ has done for us. Salvation is not dependent upon what we do or even how you feel. If that is the case, your faith is not upon Christ, but your faith is in what you do or how you feel. That is dangerous!

Even if you are doing a righteous thing, as Charles Spurgeon once said, "if, I say, your heart has been so tender towards the poor and the sick and the needy that you would have been willing to suffer with them, to bear all their loathsome diseases, nay, if adding all this you could give your body to be burned, yet if you trusted in any one of these things your damnation would be as sure as though you were thief or drunkard."

Forgiveness will never be found in all that I do, but in Christ, as far as the east is from the west, my sins are gone. Forgiveness will forever be found in what Christ has done. The more you focus on that, the more you will be strengthened and encouraged in your battles against the sins in your life, because the more satisfied you are in Christ, the less you want your sins, and you begin to forsake them for the One who is Highest in His glory. I encourage you Brother, not to even trust in the changes that the Holy Spirit has worked in your life or how you walk, just simply look to Christ. There is repentance, faith, victory, holiness, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control In Christ Alone!

God help us all.....

Your Joyful Servant in Jesus' Name,

- Michael Liao

2012/12/26 15:08Profile

Re:

yeah something in me seeks to be justified in and of myself.

when I read what you said, i start to feel this spiritual cleanness from the Lord. Looking to Him for my justification.

Thank you Lord.

2012/12/26 15:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy