SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Naked Eagles: The Prophetic Discipline we must embrace.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
arkp

Re: Just a well written comparitive allegory...that blessed me.

"This is the call of the saints, and the prophet sometimes more so, as He Sees and carries the Truth and the Word".

It's a good thing we are molded by his Love. I would like to hear about the male & female eagle, and how they are distinquised..

Excellent article Brothertom.

2012/11/26 14:06Profile

We are the Flesh....and must be slain to find God flowing from us.

murrcolr; You captured the essence of the article I think..along with the idea that a seed MUST fall into the ground and DIE, before it can bear much fruit. We have a Cross to bear...which means embracing our very own death.

"For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.

Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead;

who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us.

[ Paul describing God's terrible dealings wqith him to CONFORM him to the image of Jesus. ]

Quote: As A. W. Tozer said; "We are the flesh!". The Lord's solution is the cross, foreboding, fearful and ugly, and it is He who slays his sons, else none would ever journey there. The odd thing is that we do have a choice though.....Brothertom*******

Murrcolr writes:
“We are the flesh” this statement can only be understood by revelation. What I mean by this is we read passages like Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh and we put it down to some third party “the flesh” but it’s not a third party “We are the flesh” it is us that fights against the Spirit it’s us that hinders the work of God.

It can be a long tough road to get to the point where you cry “I am the flesh” or as Paul cried “O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death” Paul saw it he saw that he was the flesh.

Once we see our condition the Lord leads us to the cross and he doesn’t force us, we by our own choice choose to surrender, we offer ourselves as a living sacrifice…
Roms 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

God expects the believer after his conversion to present themselves as a living sacrifice it’s our reasonable service. He expects us to surrender all and let the Holy Spirit lead, but first we must see that “We are the flesh.”

murrcolr. [ excellent!]

2012/11/27 19:42

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy