SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Naked Eagles: The Prophetic Discipline we must embrace.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Naked Eagles: The Prophetic Discipline we must embrace.

I really liked this article, and see it encouraging. God loves those he disciplines and chastises, in order to form His Son within their lives. BT*******

Danny Korakas:
NAKED EAGLES

There is a known dynamic for many within the prophetic calling of its identification with the eagle. I realize that there have been many, many teachings on the molting seasons that eagles must go through and endure as they mature. It is my hope that this will be fresh insight as we grow and mature in the prophetic life.

Today, the Lord is drawing out and defining a prophetic maturation that I believe will very soon usher in the King of Glory to receive His people. (We have only seen to date, a caricature of the genuine prophetic article) This prophetic generation will prophesy to the nations the glory and love of God without the fear and approval of man. They will walk in holiness without compromise for what is temporal and wordly. Their banner will be "Holiness unto the Lord." However, many will NOT be exempt from the molting season that has or will come upon them.

The molting season is an event that happens in the life of an eagle to renew its strength. It becomes natural for molting eagles to gather together with other eagles of the same condition as a type of identification and connection. They will gather together on a mountainside or cliff top where the rays of the sun (Son) will shine upon them throughout the entire day...Their survival depends upon it.

In an eagle's season of molting, their feathers will fall out — causing them the inability to fly. Their sharp and accurate vision becomes weakened and they lose their ability to SEE (Seers) for a time. Calcium deposits build up upon their beaks — making it difficult for them to hold their heads up. They peck and scrape their beaks and talons on the hard rocks — causing severe inactivity due to "self" inflicted wounds. They loose their natural fragrance and take on a foul odor. Tragically, in their desperate state, molting Eagle's will often peck on other molting eagles — causing death in some instances. Certainly, we have seen much of this in the prophetic camp.

By now I can imagine that many of you may be asking yourselves, what does this have to do with my life and what is the application? Well, lets look at the parallel of the molting Eagle in reference to the prophetic life and try to make sense of what I believe the Lord is speaking to those who are prophetic spiritual mothers and fathers along with those who are growing up into maturity and fruitfulness.

We notice first that the molting season causes the eagle's feathers to fall out. This is critical if we are to grow prophetically. It is at this point in an eagle's life that they are most vulnerable and exposed. Humility and our willingness to be exposed is the primary component of our spiritual growth and maturity. The awesome power of GRACE will be our most needed attribute if we are to grow in the power of God's anointing. God gives the abundant power of grace to those who are humble. Grace will also be the weapon that we will need to conquer the adversity and resistance that we are certain to encounter if we are walking in obedience to Christ as these last days unfold.

The Bible says that Satan was cast out of the light and into darkness and has no place in the light. Satan is a legalist and he can only reside where he is "given" legal access. In other words, he can only take up residence in the dark areas or places of the heart...Where we let him. What would cause Peter to deny Christ just days after proclaiming that He was the Messiah? What causes born again believers to gossip and kill the trust of others? What causes the seat of jealousy and envy to reside in the recesses of our heart? What causes addictive behaviors in the redeemed? Could it be that we have a pocket or area in our heart that is open or sympathetic to areas of hidden darkness? We all do in one degree or another in one area or another!

Something was in Peter's heart that had to be dealt with before he could be all that the Lord would have him be. Peter had to come to a place of molting EXPOSURE. Peter, even though he recognized Jesus as the Messiah and was one of His disciples, he was brought to a place of recognizing what was REALLY in his heart.

"Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure HEART..." (Psalm 24:4).

The process of sanctification is our willingness to have the dark areas of our hearts exposed. It is only when we are willing to have our hidden, denied, or buried issues come to the surface that the light of the "SON" and His love can heal us. Molting eagles will find that the only place to find warmth and comfort in their nakedness and exposure is to nakedly face the "Son."

Self-reliance, independence, the loving of titles, intellectual arrogance, and the need for the affirmation of man are all allowed to die and become exposed to those who are mature in the prophetic life.

As the molting time enters the life of an Eagle, they are drawn together with other molting eagles. I believe there are two reasons. The first is for support from what is familiar and like-minded. The second is "misery loves company." Carole and I have been amazed at what the Lord is doing within the prophetic anointing and ministry. The supernatural connections and communication that is transpiring within prophetic individuals and ministries will continue to benefit and have a profound affect upon the church as we enter the last of the last days. I have been blessed by the Lord beyond measure through the joining and connecting with other prophetic individuals and ministries. The desire for healthy accord and a willingness to reach out for help is the hallmark of the mature prophetic person.

The molting season of growth can also be painful and the immature eagles will share their misery with others. If we are not careful, we can easily find ourselves pecking on others as we ourselves are being dealt with by God. Many who are insecure in their calling and purpose many times impose an unhealthy pain upon others. These people insist on diverting what God is dealing with in their lives to others.

The ability not to blame others or circumstances that we encounter in the trials of life is the ripening or FRUIT of a mature Christian. These individuals realize that their life is in the hands of the Father and that He has given them all of what they will need to be more than over-comers and conquerors. Through God's grace, every circumstance in life becomes an opportunity for spiritual promotion and growth. Spiritual promotion always demands a test. Only a test can demand a victory, and all victories require a field of battle.

When Jesus was led into the wilderness to experience hunger, temptation and loneliness, He did not blame us or the circumstance that He had to endure — even though it was because of us that the Spirit led Him there. True prophetic people are the possessors of the greatest love. They are willing to lay their lives down for others. The greatest martyrs are not necessarily those who die a quick physical death, but those who choose to LIVE a lifetime dying to oneself.

We read earlier that calcium deposits build up on the beaks of molting eagle's — causing their heads to hang low. All of us go through "molting times" where we find it difficult to keep our heads up. Instead of "looking up," we look at the circumstances that we are faced with. The constant battle with religion, tradition, and the indoctrinations of man can easily cause us to become frustrated and self-centered upon the revelation that we have received from the Lord. It is when we put our hope and trust in man that we often become frustrated and discouraged.

Those who are prophetically ripe or mature realize that even though things may not go their way or that circumstances change — God's love and care for them never changes. He has promised to bring about good in the lives of those who love and trust Him. Much of the discouragement and frustration we experience is due to the fact that we refuse to release what we have ministered prophetically back into the hands of the Lord. Once we express what the Lord has shared with us, it then becomes His to work out in His time. We must find rest in this assurance. Prophetic maturity is believing by FAITH that God will take ownership of the words that He gives us and will bring them to pass in His timing.

The calcium deposits on the beak of an eagle represents the need for a time of silence and listening in the Lord's presence. The molting season will cause us to cease from our labors and enter into the rest of the Lord. Prophetic ministry is simply communicating by expression what the Lord has shared with us in our time alone with Him. There will be times when the Lord will cause our mouths to be "calcified" or shut in order to spend not only quality time, but quantity time with Him.

This is why we see and experience a high degree of corporate prophetic ministry following a time of corporate intimate worship. It is through intimacy that we become more sensitive to His voice. With this said, we must not let "rest" be an overriding excuse to do nothing...James addresses this very clearly. We need both a healthy spiritual balance of both rest and good deeds in our vapor of time.

Likewise, the talons (representing our feet) of an eagle during molting become virtually useless. As we grow through molting, the Lord will call us to cease from our religious striving and the seeking of man's approval. The spiritually mature recognize dead works and only move upon what the Holy Spirit directs them to do. There will be times when we just need to stop and have others minister to us. This is difficult for the immature who feel a constant urge to win the approval of God and man through endless works and religious striving.

Without the benefits of rest and intimate communion with the Lord, (and others) we soon find that our ability to "see" is clouded or non-existent. We read earlier that an eagle will lose its keen vision during molting. One of the great benefits of resting in the Lord is that it renews our sense of purpose and vision. Spiritual burnout along with feelings of failure, lack of self-confidence in your prophetic calling and discouragement will certainly manifest without seasons of intense "down time" with the Lord. Religious striving and endless works is a clear sign of a lack of rest, intimacy with the Lord, and a fear of death (The living with hidden darkness). It also points to unhealed rejection that we have experienced in the course of our lives.

Prophetically mature people bear the ripened fruit of DAILY intimacy with the Lord. The anointing of the Lord is not purchased in a conference and imparted by the hands of man. It is received in the presence of the Lord. It is the fragrance of Christ Himself.

The foul smelling odor that molting eagle's take on is symbolic of our relationships with others. The importance of cultivating prophetic and connected relationships in validating the reception of the message that the Lord gives us is paramount. The words or symbols that the Lord gives us to share are highly receptive when integrity and healthy relationships are forged with those whom we have been called to minister to.

The fruitfulness of relationship with God and others will produce a fragrance that is recognizable to all people whether saved or unsaved. 2 Corinthians 2:15-16 says, "For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life."

The anointing is the fragrance and TRUTH of Christ which is the Spirit of prophecy. It is the closeness of Christ in our lives that impacts others as we draw near to them. Whether they are right before God or in rebellion, either way they will be impacted and convicted by the presence and anointing of Christ upon us.

In our times of molting, it is vitally important to our witness in the eyes of others that we maintain an aroma of both love and conviction. Those who are spiritually mature understand the responsibility, integrity, and honesty that validate their prophetic call. It is easy to be loving when everything is lovely. It is easy to be patient when everything is going our way. But what comes out of us under pressure and fire is the defining of who we TRULY are. In other words, what spills out when we get bumped hard? This is one of the necessary reasons why we must experience molting seasons: it defines and reveals who we truly are.

Molting eagles lose their appetite to eat because they only desire fresh meat. Prophetic people by nature love the fresh meat of revelation and thrive on healthy change. Their desire is to move from milk to meat in exponential ways. This is healthy as long as Christ and the leading of the Spirit remains our foundation and standard for prophetic ministry. The essence of prophetic expression must line up with the Spirit of the Word that was made flesh and spoken in truth. Mature eagles can distinguish between fresh and clean meat from carrion or unhealthy meat.

The molting seasons in our lives are times of weakness and reflection of where we truly are in Christ. We need these times if we are to grow and mature. Many times it will be painful, but we can rest assured that the Lord will not give us more than we can endure. The blessing of spiritual promotion and anointing awaits those who embrace rather than resist the molting season.

Eagles that are molting would literally starve to death if not for the older eagles that come to them in their time of need. They fly by and drop off fresh meat for the molting eagles to eat. It is interesting that the younger eagles do not exhibit this trait. It seems that only those who have experienced and been through it themselves truly understand the need. You know, all of us can only give what we truly have. The impact of being ministered to by one who has been through a similar circumstance is always very special to those in need. I know it has been for me. These older eagles are a gift from God.

The Lord is calling forth His spiritual mothers and fathers for such a time as this. He is calling you forth to forge deep and meaningful relationships with younger eagles. It is not the responsibility of the student to tell the teacher that they are gifted. It is the teacher who is to recognize and nurture the student to maturity. The anointing upon this younger prophetic generation is more than I can find words to express. However, these young eagles will need older eagles to comfort and feed them as we transition and posture ourselves for the days of awe that are soon to come.

Being a younger eagle is not necessarily age restrictive. Prophetic maturity has vision and keen eyesight. Mature eagles notice the needs around them and call forth the provisions of heaven to invade the earth. They prophesy as a lifestyle rather than waiting for an occasion. They fly and soar to great heights as they experience the adventure of the prophetic life.

danny

2012/11/24 9:58
used4him

Re: Naked Eagles: The Prophetic Discipline we must embrace.

Thank you for posting this, it was inspiring to me. I don't consider myself a "prophet", however, I hope by God's grace I can be used in any way to bring forth His truth to people, saved and unsaved.

2012/11/24 18:23Profile
arkp

Re:

((Cough, cough, sniff, sniff)) Incredible; amen and amen.. ((Sneeze)) May we soar as eagles into maturity as we wait upon his Word....

2012/11/24 20:22Profile
Elibeth

Dear bro.,

Have you truly checked this ortical out,....

Is this really Truth ?

In His Honor,
Always,
Elizabeth

2012/11/24 21:38Profile

Just a well written comparitive allegory...that blessed me.

Dear bro.,

Have you truly checked this article out,....

Is this really Truth ?..Elibeth.********

It is simply a comparitive article that balances certain aspects of the life of an Eagle to the Cross, and the severe Discipline that Saints over the ages have been called to endure; and it blessed me. It is inspirational, and I saw, or felt truth in it, and encouragement. I ran across it some years ago, and liked it then, and like it now. This is what I commented then:*********

"Danny: I really liked your article, and was ministered to by it. Much of the prophetic molting causes us to be driven to the Lord. Everything that can be shaken, will be shaken out of the saint, especially one called to bear His heart and Word.

This is the reason for the wilderness, and the prophet is always the forerunner, and the greater the calling, the greater the dealings; the more moltings and the more intensity of enduring the suffering of them. No one would ever volunteer to be crucified, but everyone wants to be resurrected, and the sober truth of it, is that you cannot have one without the other. So it is God's decree, not ours.

He signs us up in His book, the Book of Life, and thank God He knows what we need, not what we want. We need to to die, that Adam, the satanic killer in us, would move aside into death, so that his Son, Jesus, could live through and in us.

"I am crucified with Christ, never the less, I live, yet not I, but Christ who lives in me!"...In the end, it is ourselves that we molt off, to gain God.

Consider the molting of Moses...from murdering Prince, in line for the Kingship of the most powerful nation on Earth, to the shepherd wanderer, with a loss of confidence so profound, he petitioned his brother Aaron to talk for him; for he stuttered.

He was coronated the meekest man on Earth, by the Lord Himself, when his molting was complete. He was ready to serve the Lord with a pure heart, without ambition and pride. This is the thing that only the Lord can remove, for it runs deep in the veins of our own adam man, our flesh.

As A. W. Tozer said; "We are the flesh!". The Lord's solution is the cross, foreboding, fearful and ugly, and it is He who slays his sons, else none would ever journey there. The odd thing is that we do have a choice though. We can kill God in us also, by rebelling against His decree, and that to be saved , or not.

This is the call of the saint, and the prophet sometimes more so, as He Sees and carries the Truth and the Word."

Brother Tom Watkins.

2012/11/25 0:18

Just a well written comparitive allegory...that blessed me.

Dear bro.,

Have you truly checked this article out,....

Is this really Truth ?..Elibeth.********

It is simply a comparitive article that balances certain aspects of the life of an Eagle to the Cross, and the severe Discipline that Saints over the ages have been called to endure; and it blessed me. It is inspirational, and I saw, or felt truth in it, and encouragement. I ran across it some years ago, and liked it then, and like it now. This is what I commented then:*********

"Danny: I really liked your article, and was ministered to by it. Much of the prophetic molting causes us to be driven to the Lord. Everything that can be shaken, will be shaken out of the saint, especially one called to bear His heart and Word.

This is the reason for the wilderness, and the prophet is always the forerunner, and the greater the calling, the greater the dealings; the more moltings and the more intensity of enduring the suffering of them. No one would ever volunteer to be crucified, but everyone wants to be resurrected, and the sober truth of it, is that you cannot have one without the other. So it is God's decree, not ours.

He signs us up in His book, the Book of Life, and thank God He knows what we need, not what we want. We need to to die, that Adam, the satanic killer in us, would move aside into death, so that his Son, Jesus, could live through and in us.

"I am crucified with Christ, never the less, I live, yet not I, but Christ who lives in me!"...In the end, it is ourselves that we molt off, to gain God.

Consider the molting of Moses...from murdering Prince, in line for the Kingship of the most powerful nation on Earth, to the shepherd wanderer, with a loss of confidence so profound, he petitioned his brother Aaron to talk for him; for he stuttered.

He was coronated the meekest man on Earth, by the Lord Himself, when his molting was complete. He was ready to serve the Lord with a pure heart, without ambition and pride. This is the thing that only the Lord can remove, for it runs deep in the veins of our own adam man, our flesh.

As A. W. Tozer said; "We are the flesh!". The Lord's solution is the cross, foreboding, fearful and ugly, and it is He who slays his sons, else none would ever journey there. The odd thing is that we do have a choice though. We can kill God in us also, by rebelling against His decree, and that to be saved , or not.

This is the call of the saint, and the prophet sometimes more so, as He Sees and carries the Truth and the Word."

Brother Tom Watkins.

2012/11/25 0:18
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Just a well written comparitive allegory...that blessed me.

Tom,

Thank you for sharing this article. I don't pretend to be even close to a prophet of God, but I can relate to the article about the eagles. I have been stripped, feeling very vunerable, so aware of my faults and weaknesses, and not knowing if God would ever use me again. The only relief that I had was turning my gaze to the Son, and longing for His presence. It was in these times of weakness that I discovered that He is everything to me. His grace is sufficient!!

Mike

2012/11/25 16:33Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: As A. W. Tozer said; "We are the flesh!". The Lord's solution is the cross, foreboding, fearful and ugly, and it is He who slays his sons, else none would ever journey there. The odd thing is that we do have a choice though.

“We are the flesh” this statement can only be understood by revelation. What I mean by this is we read passages like Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh and we put it down to some third party “the flesh” but it’s not a third party “We are the flesh” it is us that fights against the Spirit it’s us that hinders the work of God.

It can be a long tough road to get to the point where you cry “I am the flesh” or as Paul cried “O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death” Paul saw it he saw that he was the flesh.

Once we see our condition the Lord leads us to the cross and he doesn’t force us, we by our own choice choose to surrender, we offer ourselves as a living sacrifice…
Roms 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

God expects the believer after his conversion to present themselves as a living sacrifice it’s our reasonable service. He expects us to surrender all and let the Holy Spirit lead, but first we must see that “We are the flesh”

2012/11/26 7:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Brother Tom,

I appreciate your heart in serving the LORD and know you have a passion for souls unlike most Believers. However, I find this analogy troubling because the references to the eagle are erroneous - an eagle's habits are not at all as depicted in the article. To a critic who is an ornithologist these spiritual truths are discredited because the parallels it draws are faulty.

Hope you will reconsider using this article as written.

God bless.

2012/11/26 10:39Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, bro.ravenhill told me that eagles get in this condition because their beaks grow over the lower beak and they can't eat. they must hit the beak on a hard object(rock) until the overgrowth falls off and renews his youth.jimp i myself know nothing about eagles other than a football team in philly.

2012/11/26 11:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy