Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Love will always limit our liberty

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Am I assuming you are asking if our love to God should not be voluntary, given of our own free will? If so, yes. But scripture also informs us that "we love Him because he first loved us." 1John 4:19. Sometimes we feel our love for God lacking - it is not as intense as it should be. When this happens, we must ask Him for help and he so delightedly infuses us with his love so we can love him more. Does this make sense?

2012/11/23 10:47Profile
Croref

Re:

by enid on 2012/11/23 7:23:40

Ginny,

You're right.

He does speak another language.

What kind of a reply was that?

It means your love that you say you have "for" God is not in your back pocket.

What was that New commandment Jesus gave us? Let me think, hmmm??

2012/11/23 11:53Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

This thread now sounds to me like:

Luke 9:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Croef,

What I initally wanted was confirmation that you and I were indeed following the same Lord. Your posts and replies seem purposfully cryptic. When I first read one of them, I felt you wanted to challenge others to think out the meaning. But, like John Baptist, I was not certain and asked confirmation. Sorry if others asking the same thing feels like we are 'piling on.' I do not believe that is the intent. My question was not given in a judgmental spirit. If you remember our first interaction was positive. I felt a connection then but there seems to be interferance was positive. Hope it can be straightened out.

regards, white stone

EDIT: I went back and slowly reread your original post in this thread and have a clearer understanding of your meaning and, I believe, your intention. To that post I say, Yes, it is the love shown to the Father that enabled Jesus to withstand. My comment is that within myself, my own power, I do not have the love necessary, it is only the love that I receive from Him that I can give Him.

Please, forgive me for starting this line of posting and let me offer some of that love to you, too. :)

2012/11/23 13:41Profile
Croref

Re:

by White_Stone on 2012/11/23 10:41:23

This thread now sounds to me like:

Luke 9:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Croef,

What I initally wanted was confirmation that you and I were indeed following the same Lord. Your posts and replies seem purposfully cryptic. When I first read one of them, I felt you wanted to challenge others to think out the meaning. But, like John Baptist, I was not certain and asked confirmation. Sorry if others asking the same thing feels like we are 'piling on.' I do not believe that is the intent. My question was not given in a judgmental spirit. If you remember our first interaction was positive. I felt a connection then but there seems to be interferance was positive. Hope it can be straightened out.

regards, white stone

EDIT: I went back and slowly reread your original post in this thread and have a clearer understanding of your meaning and, I believe, your intention. To that post I say, Yes, it is the love shown to the Father that enabled Jesus to withstand. My comment is that within myself, my own power, I do not have the love necessary, it is only the love that I receive from Him that I can give Him.

Please, forgive me for starting this line of posting and let me offer some of that love to you, too. :)

Thank you WS!

You are correct in your assumptions. I am trying to get folk away from the traditional pat understanding of salvation and into what God is after first in us and then from us that we succeed as He has purposed, i.e., be the expression of Himself in the world, a light in darkness, if you will.

One thing: We have His love than we might learn what loving Him is all about__from a freewill. If we embrace His purpose then He looks for our love, our allegiance that it be fulfilled.__that is purely our responsibility. cf 1 Pet 1:22 and then tell me if it is Him that does it.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten life that whosoever believes in Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, will never live a wasted life.__Guaranteed!!

2012/11/23 14:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy