SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer for Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
used4him

Prayer for Israel

This was sent to me today regarding the urgent need to pray for Israel, from someone who is living there now.
(I got it a day late)

"It seems that there will either be a ground offensive into Gaza (maybe, tonight), or the beginning of negotiations for a cease-fire. The next 24-48 hours are critical and your prayers are appreciated.

There are 16,000 reservists who are standing by on the Gaza border ready for a ground offensive. There are other reservists who have been sent into southern communities to assess building and home damages; to help medical teams; and to make sure civilians in need are provided refuge..

Israel's Defense Minister, Ehud Barak, has received cabinet approval for a call-up of 75,000 reservists. But, as far as we can tell, that number has not been reached yet.

There are many young believers in the IDF right now, some of whom are in combat units. Others are standing by in the reserves. Your prayers are appreciated.

Hamas is not allowing at least 22 foreign nationals to leave the Gaza Strip and enter Israel. This includes at least 18 members of the media. It also includes medical personnel. Pray that these people are released soon and without any harm done to them."

We are admonished to pray for Israel: Psalm 122:6

2012/11/18 16:49Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Prayer for Israel

I have been praying Israel for many years, and am increasing that in this time. The media is so biased towards them.

2012/11/18 18:55Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

We're often reminded to pray for Israel, but (to our shame) it's very rare to hear a call to pray for the Palestinians.

"...My house shall be called an house of prayer for all people."

Allan

2012/11/18 23:11Profile
used4him

Re:

Yes, I agree. Both need prayer. The Palestinians are used as pons in all of this. I am quoting a friend below:

"Hamas is to blame for this. They and a great deal of the Arab population want the destruction of Israel regardless of how much land Israel would give up. The West bank Palestinians are not sending rockets into Israel and Israel is not sending rockets at them. Both Hesbullah in Lebanon and Hamas in Gaza purposely use people who are innocent as shields. The people of Gaza get electricity and water from Israel even though they keep shelling Israel and Israel even dropped hundreds of Arabic leaflets to warn the people to stay away from the missile launchers so they would be safe when Israel destroyed the launchers. Israel withdrew from Gaza years ago and even gave the people a green house to help them grow food but those people destroyed it and Hamas has ruined the water supply which Israel used to keep at proper health levels for the people of Gaza. Israel even used to allow those people to come work in Israel and make good money when no one else would help them until they had to close off the inflow of people due to the great amount of hostility and threat to the safety of Israel. Israel also allows victims of harm to be transferred to their hospitals for care which is amazingly kind considering they would not be offered the same kindness if the shoe was on the other foot."

So, there is much that the press does not report. We only know part of the issue. If our government does not back Israel, as history has proven, it will have bad consequences. As God's word says: " I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you." Genesis 12:3

2012/11/19 8:52Profile
timg

Re:

I am in complete agreement with you. May God use this strife to sweep many into His kingdom. Jew and Gentile.

2012/11/19 10:14Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

What doesn't get talked about much is the reason this initial conflict began. Israel killed a leading Hamas figure who was supposedly negotiating a peace deal. Whether or not that would have happened is irrelevant. The killing of him has errupted into this mess again and then we have the Gaza situation. I have heard that it is the most densely populated area on earth and I have also heard that it is similar to a concentration camp because people are only allowed to go to certain places and most people are in the poverty level or below. Give this situation why should be be supporting Israel more than the Palestinians given how Gaza is laid out and Israel killed this Hamas leader?

Sometimes I think of the Iranian leader when he talks about 12th imam coming back when I see Christians pushing pro Israel stuff because of the bible when sometimes Israel seems to be creating this whole conflict.

What do you think?

2012/11/19 11:14Profile
timg

Re:

I confess that I am not extreemly informed on everything over there. Not to mention that it is hard to trust any accounts from the press. Thats what makes this situation so complicated and it does give me pause when the church so blindly supports a Christ forsaking nation. But to say that Hammas was trying to negotiate a peace deal is very hard to believe given their history. There is no excuse to target innocent civilians with rockets and terror.

2012/11/19 11:41Profile

you're wrong

Quote:
What doesn't get talked about much is the reason this initial conflict began. Israel killed a leading Hamas figure who was supposedly negotiating a peace deal. Whether or not that would have happened is irrelevant. The killing of him has errupted into this mess again and then we have the Gaza situation. I have heard that it is the most densely populated area on earth and I have also heard that it is similar to a concentration camp because people are only allowed to go to certain places and most people are in the poverty level or below. Give this situation why should be be supporting Israel more than the Palestinians given how Gaza is laid out and Israel killed this Hamas leader?

Sometimes I think of the Iranian leader when he talks about 12th imam coming back when I see Christians pushing pro Israel stuff because of the bible when sometimes Israel seems to be creating this whole conflict.

What do you think?

respectfully?.......i feel you dont have the timeline correct, the two weeks prior to the IDF's successful PRECISION strike on the military leader of Hamas, Hamas had been firing, everyday, anywhere from 5 to 30 missiles into southern Israel, they had been warned, "stop"...repeatedly...in fact, BEFORE the initial strike, the IDF sent out a "tweet", "if you are a senior Hamas leader, dont come aboveground".

As far as the "conditions" in Gaza, after Arik Sharon withdrew ALL settlement activity, he evicted 9,000 Israeli's in the process, the PA was "in charge" of Gaza...do you know Hamas did? Hamas WIPED OUT ALL PA leadership.....why did they do that? Because the PA was pursuing the "two state" framework, and Hamas, Hiz'bouallah, and even the Muslim brotherhood, in their charters, one of their objectives, is not peace, or co-existence with Israel, but Israel's destruction.

It's spelled out for the whole world to see, yet WHY is it, that the press of the world paints the Arabs as "victims", when for almost 70 years, they have never ceased to endeavour to destroy Israel?......a country so small, and so outnumbered by the vast murderous hordes of Arabs that surround them....and gentiles like you who write

Quote:
when sometimes Israel seems to be creating this whole conflict.

how did Israel "create" this conflict?.......by wanting to LIVE?

Guess who wants, DESEPERATELY, to kill ALL the Jewish people?

satan.

so all who aid, and participate, and give comfort to these, who wish to destroy Israel are children of satan, or as he is known in Hebrew, abbadon.

are you in that camp?

2012/11/19 13:28
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: you're wrong

HezWelling - you are correct IMHO

As for praying for the Palestinians, I can pray for the pawns of satan but not for his followers. I pray for the children who are raised to hate, Better to spend my energy to pray for the Saints, those God has given to our Lord Jesus. I feel if I pray for them I am including any of that bunch who will convert.

WS

2012/11/19 14:09Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Why should we be supporting Israel more than the Palestinians?

Quote:
by DEADn on 2012/11/19 8:14:13 Give this situation why should be be supporting Israel more than the Palestinians given how Gaza is laid out and Israel killed this Hamas leader?

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

If we want God’s blessings on ourselves and on the rest of the world, we should ALWAYS support Israel, and stand against any of Israel’s enemies! The bloodthirsty killers that are fighting them today are doing the same as Pharoah, Amalek, Haman, Hitler, and MANY others down through history whose desire was to exterminate the Jews, but every time, instead of the Jews getting exterminated, their enemies got exterminated by God! The Jews have suffered greatly down through History because they remind the world that there is a God in Israel who has kept them in existence and will never cease to and will judge all of His creation by His law.

Do you want God’s blessing on your life, or do you want God’s curse upon your life? If you listen to modern media, and choose not to support Israel, you inherit God’s curse.

Psa 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Do you want to prosper, or to perish? Whether or not you believe God’s Word, these truths will happen in your life. They have always happened, and will never cease to.

2012/11/19 14:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy