SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Christ-Likeness in the Forum Conversations - SI Forums Note

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I agree with you that SermonIndex itself is "not the church" but it does compose of those who are in the body of Christ. Therefore as moderators we do see ourselves accountable to ensure that very abusive situations and problems on the forums are solved.

Praise God that you took my post in right spirit though I could have worded my post better. My point is not to show your accountability or not to show how the moderators have to function, I am ineligible to do both.

2012/11/14 14:48Profile
DieingtoLive

Re: Christ-Likeness in the Forum Conversations - SI Forums Note

I feel like I am one of the weak. I find often I am unable to read through many threads and I find myself skimming & I am unable to concentrate. There are a couple posters I look for to be genuinely blessed, by one in particular that expounds much on Christlikeness & dying to self in such a humble, gentle and practicle way that it really helps me.

I personally don't want to debate about this or that. Just talk about Jesus. His presense can be so real, intimate, & close. That may be why I can't really concentrate on the majority of the threads. It may just be that it's about theories or whatever.

I do see & feel that hunger for Jesus here, & when I do my heart goes out everytime.

I don't post much. I don't like being criticized & judged. Not that I feel like I have been. Some people can handle & expose themselves to do those things I'm just not built like that & stay away from confrontational.

For me there are just so many distractions it boggles the mind if I let it. Even here. I just want to let patience have it's perfect work by keeping my mind and eyes on Him, loving, hoping, talking about Him & praying He returns soon. I would seek that in my fellowship here.

I would like to feel/think that this is a great go to place to escape the sins that so easily beset and say man I really messed up today can someone please pray for me. Maybe I will do that. Maybe the Lord would have me to. For I still react sinfully @ times in real life to sinful situations. Maybe I need to learn to be more brave like this. This is brave for me & every other time I've posted. I am basically weak & have a fear of man coming against me.
I am so grateful to have found the resources here on SI to help me be mindful of examining myself for the greatest tests of my life to come that will reveal my true character. This is so important to me for me to learn what is in me truly. Self mostly or Christ. I would like to test myself here, weed out weakness & be built up.

I can talk alot that I already know. I just pray it will matter in a way that it is edifying.

I'll be rereading this post & pray over it. I also want to highlight & post the parts that really stood out to me. Lord Jesus please bless SI & use it for your purpose Lord to bring unity & love through you closer to our hearts & minds that as we truly seek you we would be transformed into your image and be able to live > "it is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me."
Blessings for SI. & it's moderators. Through Christ.

2012/11/14 15:56Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
It is better to do the work of God in spreading the love of Christ than to sit and speak against the darkness. The moravian movement of history never won the lost and had a year long 24/7 prayer meeting by finding every false doctrine and trying to tell Christendom about it. Rather they went out with such sacrifice, love and commitment that is shock believers everywhere with their peace and grace and resulted the conversion of not just thousands of heathen but John Wesley, Charles Wesley and George Whitefield also. And what was the power that did all of this, it was their Christ-likeness, Christ in them. To the glory of God. May He do it again and again.

That is something I feel the Lord has been showing me also. I've fallen into that trap too many times. I've been caught up debating this or that on the internet while neglecting secret prayer and the Word and seeking His presence and power in my life, and while so many people all around me are perishing without God.

I've seen the same type of thing take place in church. Believers start spending too much time debating this or that doctrine while the lost go unreached all around.

2012/11/14 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy