SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate

Check this out...

"Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate"

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/11/01/obama-admin-tells-court-hobby-lobby-must-obey-hhs-mandate/

2012/11/13 15:52Profile
EverestoSama

Re: Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate

Crazy.

2012/11/13 19:17Profile
MaryJane

Re: Obama Admin Tells Court: Hobby Lobby Must Obey HHS Mandate

Ginnyrose

this is an open attack on this business owner and their faith. Forcing them to supply abortion drugs for their employees in the name of health care is persecution for their faith. The administration states that a business owner leaves all their first amendment rights behind when they enter into the business world because in their view its a secular place so basically this administration is decided how a business will be run. all I can think to say is we need to be in prayer all the more, dark days are ahead.

God bless
mj

2012/11/13 19:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The administration’s arguments in this case are shocking. Here’s what they are saying: once someone starts a “secular” business, he categorically loses any right to run that business in accordance with his conscience.

This is exactly how I believe it will be for Churches soon that are non-profit 501c3. The government will ensure they control them and have them doing their bidding in many ways so they are not a threat to their agendas.

This is one reason why I have recommended ministries and churches not to have non-profit status. I do realize some larger ministries need to have this status because of the large amount of assets and donations but most local churches 50-100 people (which is the majority of churches) could easily run apart from this status.

2012/11/13 19:38Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

The problem with this is that the churches would have to pay thousands of dollars in taxes; which in turn helps to fund the corruption in govt. Right now churches are protected by being nonprofit. If they forfeit this status, they will have even more reasons (according to the Obama administration) to comply with corrupt regulations.
We (the church I was pastor of) were somewhat faced with this dilemma in the 1990's and decided to stay tax exempt. No problems developed and we were able to continue to be a ministry reaching out to lost souls and feeding the flock of God.
Let's face it...the current President does not believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We need to pray for his salvation. Christ is the only One who can make a difference.

2012/11/13 21:49Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Let's face it...the current President does not believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We need to pray for his salvation. Christ is the only One who can make a difference.

I agree we need to pray for the president. He is lost and deceived and in need of much prayer.

God bless
mj

2012/11/13 21:56Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The problem with this is that the churches would have to pay thousands of dollars in taxes; which in turn helps to fund the corruption in govt. Right now churches are protected by being nonprofit. If they forfeit this status, they will have even more reasons (according to the Obama administration) to comply with corrupt regulations.

Brother, thank you for your sharing of personal experience and convictions. I am not saying 100% it is a bad thing for all churches but when I have been looking into this and praying about it many years ago I felt the early church example in the Book of Acts they never sought to have status with the Government of their day and grew well and multiplied disciples.

I suppose one could exist under this situation as is currently happening in North America but I wonder how the picture would look if churches simply met in homes and had a meeting place (building) that they pay taxes on like all other individuals. I guess the problem happens when a church is large and has staff, a large building, other assets etc.

At least I believe definitely that small groups (house churches) could exist easily without ever having to have status with the government and it might be the church might have to come to that place to be able to preach all of God's truth.

Would be interested to hear your further thoughts as a pastor dear brother.

2012/11/13 22:22Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Ok, so you are advocating house churches....nothing wrong with it but there have been people who ran afoul of some city ordinances for hosting Bible studies in their homes. Now what?

2012/11/13 23:14Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Wow ginnyrose where have they run afoul of ordinances for home bible studies? I have not heard of that. In the USA?

I do believe the only place in the future where we will be able to speak the word without compromise will be in house or underground churches. I see traces of it now when pastors try to be politically, ugh, correct. I think there is a lot of fear in the hearts of many pastors, or people in ministry about what the repercussions will be if they do speak out against the befriended sins of the land. And they are right to count the cost, because it could land us in jail in the future. Who do we obey, who do we please, we better make the right choices now when it is still easy to do so. We are establishing patterns that will carry us through the difficult times ahead.

2012/11/13 23:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Wow ginnyrose where have they run afoul of ordinances for home bible studies? I have not heard of that. In the USA?

I do believe the only place in the future where we will be able to speak the word without compromise will be in house or underground churches. I see traces of it now when pastors try to be politically, ugh, correct. I think there is a lot of fear in the hearts of many pastors, or people in ministry about what the repercussions will be if they do speak out against the befriended sins of the land. And they are right to count the cost, because it could land us in jail in the future. Who do we obey, who do we please, we better make the right choices now when it is still easy to do so. We are establishing patterns that will carry us through the difficult times ahead.

Brother And Sister, yes I also believe that a time is coming soon that we will not be able to meet freely to preach the whole counsel of God. One of the burdens of my heart for a long time has been to encourage the body of Christ to prepare for such a time many years ago. There is still time to prepare.

God has laid it on my heart and other brothers to help compile a resource book to encourage the meeting together of saints: www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/ the free eBook will be published God willing in the next 1-3 months.

House Churches and Home Bible studies have come under structiny and there has been pressure against them. There are 10's of cases a year that I hear about alone from my small vantage point. I believe home meetings will be the only true way to meet at some point and it would be wise for any fellowship to start preparing in this way though still having larger assembly meetings.

2012/11/14 0:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy