SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual pride,

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Spiritual pride,

Lev 26:19 And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:

Pride to me is one of the greatest hindrances to revival especially spiritual pride why is it some churches getting down on your knees and praying is such a hard thing or that god has a different schedule than most preachers
As scheduling god to turn up between the morning service and then the evening service to keep up with the half hour or two hour sermon depending on what denomination you are is absurd
Things normally should be done decently and in order the problems is service times, that worship should become before a sermon are not prescribed in scripture,
I love the word of god and wish if god did show up more of the word of god should be preached in detail with thorough study to the finite detail
With d l moody god used a penniless preacher to help him view the word of god differently
Evan Roberts had to go from church to church so that ministers did not tend to give the glory unto him and the abuse that he god from church leaders that helped stopped the revival
How many people who are small and despised in church are like Evan Roberts waiting in the wings but are so discouraged by authoritarian church leaders who have been hurt
Spiritual pride is not a thing that rears in ugly head in church lightly it normally disguises itself as an angel of light as humbleness
Like David was accused of pride before meeting Goliaths doom
Before every revival personal attacks on the person such as David in the form of the accuser of the brethren
You can be accused from everything from praying, singing and even being there or millions of other reasons
Spiritual pride disguises itself in experience, theology and all other guises
I wrestle so much between my head and my heart because I know whenever god does something great you have to face enemies at your weakest point
Spiritual pride is something that affects us all and I am at the most are guilty of it , until god shines his light , until preachers dilligently study on both there knees. But for the grace go I

2012/11/11 18:04Profile
jimp

Re: Spiritual pride,

hi, five minutes ago i was talking to a bible shool student from russia who is annointed beyond the norm. he is full of the Spirit and knows His word;both living aflame in him. i told him about a time in my life that i was mightily used of God in the gifts and in personal wittness.i told him how pride crept into my life and how success and recognition put me and my ambition on the throne where Jesus was in my life and how the annointing went away completely for years. this is the greatest saddness of my life. i felt led to share it here.jimp

2012/11/11 19:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy